Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 08:39 PM

39,237 posts, read 27,623,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You never waste your vote when you vote conscience. Anything else is unacceptable.
Good point. I always respect your opinion although we don't always agree with each other.

Some of the posters in this thread, what can I say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2016, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Right. Could I interest you in buying a slightly used bridge over Chautauqua Lake that was resurfaced within just the last five years?
Maybe we can have a civilized conversation.

Old 02-01-2016, 08:51 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,903,900 times
He's the only Republican currently running who has a clue about foreign policy. While his fellow rivals were salivating at unconstitutional war-mongering and increased debt via military spending, Rand appears to have learned something from listening to his father for decades. Every time Rand discusses foreign intervention, it makes Dick Cheney and his buddies cringe.

Old 02-01-2016, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
He's the only Republican currently running who has a clue about foreign policy. While his fellow rivals were salivating at unconstitutional war-mongering and increased debt via military spending, Rand appears to have learned something from listening to his father for decades. Every time Rand discusses foreign intervention, it makes Dick Cheney and his buddies cringe.
Completely agree with you. The only foreign policy makes sense is his.

Old 02-02-2016, 07:06 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,739,500 times
Rand is far and away the best candidate. Unlike his father, he's more of a hybrid between Republican and Libertarian.

Trouble is, the nation and the GOP are not ready for Libertarianism. In the general pissing contest over "I'm the true Conservative!!" everyone is promising the same old things. A giant wall across the Mexican border for one. To triple our defense spending and get more aggressive internationally for another. They're all solidly committed to the war on drugs. Libertarian influence has at least led to Republicans offering up more and more lip service to the idea of pushing many federal programs down to the state and local levels. They rarely do anything in that regard, but at least they talk about it more. Libertarians are much more aggressive in their plans to shrink the federal government. In a world where politicians promise the sun and moon and stars in their quest for the presidency, it's hard to sell "I will do as little as possible," even though it is exactly what America needs. America needs the federal government to do less. Much less.

Libertarianism just isn't the message that Americans are accustomed to. Even the Libertarian lite Rand Paul version.

Old 02-02-2016, 07:12 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTiberiusx View Post
This guy understands what America was supposed to be and wants to make it reality again

*no more intervening in other's wars
*balancing the budget
*auditing the fed
*allowing states to make their own local decisions
*knows the constitution up and down
*not a corporate-bought crony like the rest

He is somebody that Moderate Democrats, independents and republicans could all agree with

Why does he continue to be ignored? He's the best candidate in this race hands down

*balancing the budget- The budget hasn't been balanced since the early 19th Century and we seem to have prospered none-the-less.
*auditing the fed -- this WSJ article explains why that's a stupid idea
*allowing states to make their own local decisions --States do make their own decisions.
*knows the constitution up and down-- No, he thinks he understands the constitution
*not a corporate-bought crony like the rest-- I'll believe it when he campaigns against farm bills that give money to Kentucky farmers.

Old 02-02-2016, 07:21 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,046,360 times
I don't support Paul because it looks like he literally has no chance. I mean with Ron Paul the chance was slim but I think it was a possibility, this time I don't think so. Obviously Rand is not his father, Ron, but I think when Ron Paul was not taken seriously last time it sort of put the final nail on the coffin for liberty minded people.

Old 02-02-2016, 07:51 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
I don't support Paul because it looks like he literally has no chance. I mean with Ron Paul the chance was slim but I think it was a possibility, this time I don't think so. Obviously Rand is not his father, Ron, but I think when Ron Paul was not taken seriously last time it sort of put the final nail on the coffin for liberty minded people.
Rand is anything but 'liberty minded' when it comes to abortion. I have no idea how he can refer to himself as a libertarian. I do like his thoughts on foreign policy and distaste for getting us involved where we don't belong.

Old 02-02-2016, 07:52 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,121,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Quit killing their relatives and they wont retaliate. There are reasons for everything. Hating our freedoms isn't one of them.
I think you are incorrect, with all due respect. I believe the terrorists hate our freedom to drink boxed wine and consume some animal that eats its own feces (no, not dogs). . . . .

No? Alright, maybe because we support Israel with money and military equipment.

Why do people still believe that we get attacked because they hate our freedoms? They'd happily see us sodomize ourselves into the oblivion while doing jello shots wrapped in bacon.

Mick

Old 02-02-2016, 07:56 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
via Iowa this forum is dead on the water.
He beat Bush and Christie which is a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections