Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 08:22 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times

Advertisements

I was listening to Rand Paul and he really kept my interest for a while then he started talking about drugs. No. I cannot go along with his ideas about drugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2016, 12:46 AM

15,535 posts, read 10,512,774 times
Aqua Buddha - just kidding. Because he's not strong on national defense and he's for open borders.

Old 02-01-2016, 03:34 AM

11,802 posts, read 5,804,343 times
I actually like Paul - but felt coming out at Trump when no one else would - while gutsy - killed him. I don't agree with all his policies - but being a democrat in NY - with separate primaries - I can't vote for him until the Presidential election and by then he'll be long gone.

Although he does not have the charisma like his dad did - I do think he knows what he's talking about and is probably the best of the bunch.

Old 02-01-2016, 05:16 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
He is a great guy as is his father, but you can't pick your wars for starters. WE are missing a few tall buildings in New York for starters, Hawaii got bombed on a clear day. The world is a scary place, and now we have terrorist with nukes coming on the scene.... Go figure.

We are the biggest guy on the block, and they always get targeted by the jealous. Ron Paul doesn't get that.
We did pick Iraq, Syria, Libya.......they did nothing to us. In reality Afghanistan did nothing to us. Yet, here it is, going on 15 years later with OBL long dead and we are still there. Why?

To answer the question, the reason Paul didn't gain any traction even though many today agree with many of his positions is because he became too much of an establishment politician in an election where people are sick and tired of the establishment.

Backing McConnell even though McConnell is the exact opposite of who Paul claims to be hurt him. Not raising his hand in the first election hurt him. He said he would back the candidate of the party even if that candidate was an establishment candidate against nearly everything he claims he is against.

I might have forgave all of that if during the debates when Christie argued that the government had to increase it's spying on all of us, he had turned and punched him.

Old 02-01-2016, 05:19 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Aqua Buddha - just kidding. Because he's not strong on national defense and he's for open borders.
Rand Paul Has Rejected Amnesty and Demanded Border Security
Rand Paul opposes any immigration reform that does not first achieve true border security and has rejected amnesty.

https://randpaul.com/rand-paul-has-r...order-security

Why would you just make things up without actually checking his positions?

Old 02-01-2016, 05:22 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,121,435 times
People make fun of Rubio, but Sen. Paul is 3 inches shorter. Hillary is the same size as Paul. But like they say, it's not the size, it's the motion of the Robert's Rules of Order. Or something.

No, no, I am talking about their heights . . . you know how research has shown that taller presidential candidates have a historical advantage.

Mick

Old 02-01-2016, 09:24 AM

15,535 posts, read 10,512,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Rand Paul Has Rejected Amnesty and Demanded Border Security
Rand Paul opposes any immigration reform that does not first achieve true border security and has rejected amnesty.

https://randpaul.com/rand-paul-has-r...order-security

Why would you just make things up without actually checking his positions?
Sigh, they can say anything they want, I look at their records. What are his rankings? What is his voting record? Does he flip flop a little or a lot. One example, NumbersUSA gave him 43%, you can see others here:

Rand Paul's Ratings and Endorsements - The Voter's Self Defense System - Vote Smart

Old 02-01-2016, 09:32 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Ron and Rand Paul, both are good politicians.

My reason not vote for him is because I don't want to waste my vote. He cannot win.

Old 02-01-2016, 09:34 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
People make fun of Rubio, but Sen. Paul is 3 inches shorter. Hillary is the same size as Paul. But like they say, it's not the size, it's the motion of the Robert's Rules of Order. Or something.

No, no, I am talking about their heights . . . you know how research has shown that taller presidential candidates have a historical advantage.

Mick
Paul doesn't suffer from Short Man Syndrome.

I've known a lot of very tall men who are incredibly insecure.

p.s. I can ONLY speak for myself anyway, to me, Marco Rubio looks wimpy. Has nothing to do with his height.

Old 02-01-2016, 09:34 AM

525 posts, read 454,305 times
I'm a leftist, but if Bernie Sanders wasn't in the race I'd definitely vote for Rand Paul. Everyone else in the race scares me. Unfortunately I don't think Mr. Paul stands a chance because he's low in the polls and hasn't gotten much attention from the media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections