Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 09:37 AM

1,095 posts, read 1,632,075 times

Advertisements

I'm not a Libertarian and I don't think he is. His views on abortion are idiotic among other things. I agree with him on some stuff like about NSA spying, but his economic views turn me off. Libertarian economic views are dangerous and pretty much only benefit affluent white people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2016, 09:42 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,330,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon18 View Post
he's low in the polls and hasn't gotten much attention from the media.
It's called cause and affect; if you are low in the polls you are low on the radar of the media. Rand didn't start that way in fact before the Trumpster got in the race Rand was doing pretty well on the talk show circuit and there were more Rand Paul threads then than their are Trump threads now. He just could never close the deal, so bye, bye, Rand.

PS - I would never vote for Rand Paul because first he is a Republican but he will make a great replacement as the lovable but crazy uncle at family dinners.

Old 02-01-2016, 09:48 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTiberiusx View Post
This guy understands what America was supposed to be and wants to make it reality again

*no more intervening in other's wars
*balancing the budget
*auditing the fed
*allowing states to make their own local decisions
*knows the constitution up and down
*not a corporate-bought crony like the rest

He is somebody that Moderate Democrats, independents and republicans could all agree with

Why does he continue to be ignored? He's the best candidate in this race hands down
Let me point a couple of things out to you: There is a difference in opinion and fact; you say he is the best, hands down; that is called an opinion.

Balancing the budget: remember wants and reality are two different things all the candidates want to balance the budget, but it isn't likely to happen .

Don't kid yourself if you think he can not be bought and if he can't he would not get anything accomplished.

Next, he is plainly not liked; cut and dry.

There was a time many of us thought he might be our answer, but he isn't electable and his ideas are a little to extreme for the average voter.

Old 02-01-2016, 10:34 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
He was clowned on his NSA by Christie at the first debate. The guy is too righteous to be president.

Old 02-01-2016, 10:54 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,205,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTiberiusx View Post
This guy understands what America was supposed to be and wants to make it reality again

*no more intervening in other's wars
*balancing the budget
*auditing the fed
*allowing states to make their own local decisions
*knows the constitution up and down
*not a corporate-bought crony like the rest

He is somebody that Moderate Democrats, independents and republicans could all agree with

Why does he continue to be ignored? He's the best candidate in this race hands down
He's "the best candidate in this race hands down" only in your own mind. Why do you think "Moderate Democrats" or most independents would ever consider voting for a Right Wing Republican over a real moderate Democrat, and the Republicans don't want any part of him.

FYI:
  • Balancing the budget, auditing the Federal Reserve, and states rights are NOT key issues with Democrats or independents, especially at the cost of social programs and infrastructure improvements.
  • These voters certainly are NOT interested in abdicating the US's global leadership in exchange for isolationism. There's a big difference between advocating military adventurism as some GOP candidates have done and Paul's position.
  • Paul interprets the US Constitution to fit his ideology, and most Americans, contrary to what you think, don't like his ideology.
  • You know that Paul isn't "a coporate-bought crony like the rest" because why? He's told you so? My guess is that he doesn't have as many deep-pocketed contributors because he's not nearly as popular as other candidates.

Old 02-01-2016, 10:58 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
I'm not a Libertarian and I don't think he is. His views on abortion are idiotic among other things. I agree with him on some stuff like about NSA spying, but his economic views turn me off. Libertarian economic views are dangerous and pretty much only benefit affluent white people.
He's certainly no libertarian when it comes to abortion. Other than that - I like him. But he won't be the nominee so I don't have to worry.

Old 02-01-2016, 11:06 AM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Kind reminder,

Libertarian economic principles are based on the concept of free market

Free Markets. To survive and to flourish, individuals need to engage in economic activity. The right to property entails the right to exchange property by mutual agreement. Free markets are the economic system of free individuals, and they are necessary to create wealth. Libertarians believe that people will be both freer and more prosperous if government intervention in people’s economic choices is minimized.

Libertarian principles, if used correctly, will NOT just benefit elite white folks like some here suggested. Boy.

Old 02-01-2016, 11:09 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,121,435 times
He's my man if I ever go blind from too much self-fulfillment, though I know Dr. Carson would be very empathetic.

Mick

Old 02-01-2016, 11:11 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,355,911 times
I am not a Republican, but if I were he would be preferred by me. He has some ideas I like; others I don't.

Old 02-01-2016, 11:12 AM

658 posts, read 1,143,569 times
As someone who values academic and intellectual integrity, I could never support a serial plagiarist, even IF I agreed with him on the issues.

Rand is a scumbag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections