Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2016, 06:15 AM

18,359 posts, read 26,523,683 times

Advertisements

Basically the same thing happened in Burlington VT. The local far-left protesters made jerks of themselves and showed how little respect they have for others' freedom of speech. Chicago got more violent which further made a point. I don't like Trump but I like the anti-free speech crowd even worse. These idiots cropping up on university campuses and elsewhere who want to suppress anything they find remotely "offensive" or disagreeable are the modern fascists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2016, 06:16 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,742,174 times
Thousands of Civil Right violations occurred against Trump and all who were in attendance to see him speak.

Wonder if the Justice Departmart will go after the Scum ****ers?

Yeah right.

3,954 posts, read 5,097,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
This went as expected. You know you're on the right track when your enemies are a bunch of violent thugs and charlatans. It's unfortunate that a cenrtain sect of the population can't get together for anything except a riot.
Thugs, drug dealers, illegal immigrants, Mitt Romney and the Bush family have no faith in the political process and will resort to any dirty trick to stop America from becoming great again.

77,771 posts, read 104,866,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's not so much the fault of those who put him in office.....I've said this many times...it is the fault of those who re-elected him though when he turned out to be nothing like he claimed to be or nothing like those on the "left" should support.

People are tired of constantly being lied to. Well, based upon Hillary's numbers, there are some that still accept it but's going to cause the rest to get madder and madder.

I suggest people vote for the most honest politician in the race. Sanders.
Read what you said: you never mentioned just Obama, you said those of us who put all the jokers in office. Do you suggest we dump every person serving and if so, how would you accomplish that? Remember we have both the house and senate also. One person, even President does not make all the laws. And, if you think, for one second, Trump will do 1/10 of what he is preaching you are going to be so disappointed.

I will say one thing, yes, I do think our present administration is partly responsible for things like what we saw last night. Protesting seems to be on the rise everywhere in the past few years.

Old 03-12-2016, 06:19 AM

89,098 posts, read 44,928,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Sorry but you are either misinformed or being irrational

It's true there is racism everywhere but the levels of racism you see in the deep South cannot be compared to any other place in this country.
The post to which you've responded directly contradicts your misinformed assertion with actual facts.

Read it, again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
You repeat the same hate for the South on every thread. So I'm not accused of using a right-wing source, I'll post this article from the Atlanta Blackstar

Top 10 Most Segregated Cities in the US

Detroit, Los Angeles, Boston, St Louis, Cleveland, Chicago, Milwaukee, New York City, Philadelphia. Oh, Miami, FL is one of them. 1 out of 10. Wow, you're right!

Then there's this

Map: America's most racist places, according to Google
Liberals/Dems are NIMBY racists. Much more so than those in the South. Fact.

Old 03-12-2016, 06:20 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,279,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Read what you said: you never mentioned just Obama, you said those of us who put all the jokers in office. Do you suggest we dump every person serving and if so, how would you accomplish that? Remember we have both the house and senate also. One person, even President does not make all the laws. And, if you think, for one second, Trump will do 1/10 of what he is preaching you are going to be so disappointed.
I'm not voting for Trump, and yes we should throw nearly all of them out. You prove my point. "What are we suppose to do, dump every person"? Yes. Congress has failed the country. Why shouldn't they be replaced?

Quote:
I will say one thing, yes, I do think our present administration is partly responsible for things like what we saw last night. Protesting seems to be on the rise everywhere in the past few years.
It's odd how many people question what I say and then turn around and actually agree with me.

8,316 posts, read 3,941,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarHero45 View Post
Okay...So, if I'm reading this thread correctly...

I don't support Trump but it's funny how no one even mentioned the strong possibility of this whole event being staged by George Soros and Black Lives Matter to deliberately incite a war in the first place. It's so obvious that this was orchestrated but Trump will get all the blame regardless...lol.
You really don't get this guy do you? Trump LOVES every minute of these protests, he WANTS every opportunity to show how "strong" he is. Der Fuhrer Trump will protect you from the nasty protesters.

He i is making it crystal clear that he is nothing more than an old fashioned fascist. What he is counting on is that his electorate will be so stupid that they will have no concept of the threat he opposes to their very own interests and freedoms, should he be elected.

7,685 posts, read 6,205,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Well here's the thing. President Obama can't run a third term. But we have Hillary and Bernie. And Republicans have 34 Senate seats to defend in November. Democrats only need four of those to control the Senate and if Hillary or Bernie wins, with a Democratic controlled Senate, they could choose President Obama as the next Supreme Court Justice.
If that happens GOD HELP US!!!

NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,654,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
As I pointed out elsewhere, the protests of 55 years ago and then again 45 years ago did work.

We realize that you can't put all your trust in politicians that lie.
You are going to have to explain that statement with more specifics because it makes no sense to me. I remember college students demonstrating and we all thought they were crazy. They would have better spent their time studying because by studying they would at least have learned something.

Old 03-12-2016, 06:21 AM

57,378 posts, read 26,294,968 times
This was to be expected from the other conventions leading up to this and the angry rhetoric by Trump, this is the presidential candidate that is going to unite the country?

I just try to put this in perspective and look at past presidents like Carter, Reagan, HW Bush and try to imagine them using the same statements as Trump regarding protestors. This isn't the first convention that had opposition protestors, happened plenty of times in the past, imagine Reagan telling the guards he would pay for their court case if they hurt someone, this is a whole new level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections