Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 05:52 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times

Advertisements

Trump only needs 547 delegates out of the 1044 delegates left to win nomination. Now that we are moving to "Winner Take All" and "Winner Take Most", I don't see where Cruz and Kasich have it in them to win 498 delegates in order to deny Trump those 547 delegates.

If Trump takes
  • Arizona
  • Wisconson
  • New York <-Winner Take Most
  • Delaware
  • Maryland
  • Pennsylvania
  • Indiana
  • California
  • New Jersey
He has 600 delegates. Hard to imagine that Cruz would win any of these winner take all states. Furthermore, as backup, The Trump states of Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Washington are all Winner Take Most. And of course Trump will rack up proportional delegates and most likely will win a few more of the Winner take All states.

With this kind of math, I think all the talk about brokered or contested conventions is yet another made up controversy created by the establishment and MSM.

Trump will be the GOP Nominee.

Sorry about that Ted Cruz Fans. Too Bad Hillary Fans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 05:56 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Dont tell the left, they are still trying to post threads about how Trump wont be the nominee,

Old 03-16-2016, 06:05 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Dont tell the left, they are still trying to post threads about how Trump wont be the nominee,
So are the Republicans . . . .

They are way more invested than the Democrats. We just grab popcorn and see what kind of implosion might await them. Joy.

Mick

Old 03-16-2016, 06:06 PM

9,367 posts, read 14,313,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump only needs 547 delegates out of the 1044 delegates left to win nomination. Now that we are moving to "Winner Take All" and "Winner Take Most", I don't see where Cruz and Kasich have it in them to win 498 delegates in order to deny Trump those 547 delegates.

If Trump takes
  • Arizona
  • Wisconson
  • Delaware
  • Maryland
  • Pennsylvania
  • Indiana
  • California
  • New Jersey
He has 600 delegates. Hard to imagine that Cruz would win any of these winner take all states. Furthermore, as backup, The Trump states of Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Washington are all Winner Take Most. And of course Trump will rack up proportional delegates and most likely will win a few more of the Winner take All states.

With this kind of math, I think all the talk about brokered or contested conventions is yet another made up controversy created by the establishment and MSM.

A few hours ago I took a calculator and drew the same conclusion.

Still, just like in football we have odds and spreads, but they still have to play the game, the same goes for the rest of the primaries and the general election, polls for which, by the way, I'd take with a grain of salt right now.

So let's play the game, at the very least it should be a lot of fun!

Old 03-16-2016, 06:06 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,122,942 times
Quote:

If Trump takes
  • Arizona
  • Wisconson
  • Delaware
  • Maryland
  • Pennsylvania
  • Indiana
  • California
  • New Jersey

Thanks for breaking this down for us!!

Gooo TRUMP !!!

Old 03-16-2016, 06:11 PM

20,050 posts, read 20,861,844 times
I still say it's going to be Jeb vs Hillary in November.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:08 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,340,233 times
Quote:

If Trump takes
  • Arizona
  • Wisconson
  • Delaware
  • Maryland
  • Pennsylvania
  • Indiana
  • California
  • New Jersey

Your math is off, he needs closer to 600 to win. You really expect Trumps racist, hateful rhetoric to fly in those states? You're in for a surprise. His rhetoric doesn't play well outside the south and Cruz just picked up a ton of new voters with Rubio dropping out.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:18 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Your math is off, he needs closer to 600 to win. You really expect Trumps racist, hateful rhetoric to fly in those states? You're in for a surprise. His rhetoric doesn't play well outside the south and Cruz just picked up a ton of new voters with Rubio dropping out.
LOL youre crackin me up dude.. been sayin that for months..seriously just like the black knight in monty python keep em comin

Old 03-16-2016, 07:20 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,336,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
LOL youre crackin me up dude.. been sayin that for months..seriously just like the black knight in monty python keep em comin
"'It's just a flesh wound!"

Old 03-16-2016, 07:32 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,122,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Give it a rest man
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections