Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 02:57 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hupe-La View Post
Oh... bless. I wonder who negotiated what, over posting (and posing!) this.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...40541248819203
McConnell: "You see Donald, our federal government is comprised of three branches--the executive branch, the legislative branch, and the judicial branch. Each has the ability to check the powers of the other two..."

Trump: "You're boring me, Mitch--I'll figure this stuff out later. Who's that on the wall?" - Trump

McConnell: "That's Abraham Lincoln. He was our 16th president, Donald."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2016, 03:01 PM

952 posts, read 518,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
McConnell: "You see Donald, our federal government is comprised of three branches--the executive branch, the legislative branch, and the judicial branch. Each has the ability to check the powers of the other two..."

Trump: "You're boring me, Mitch--I'll figure this stuff out later. Who's that on the wall?" - Trump

McConnell: "That's Abraham Lincoln. He was our 16th president, Donald."
LOL...the possibilities are endless!!!

Old 05-12-2016, 04:36 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty Pendergrass View Post
Nah, not really. This anti-Trumper is fairly scarce around here lately and I don't really care that much at this point.

If he wins, I'll still have God, a great family a good job...and SquirrelWig McRacistpants as a President.

If he loses, I'll STILL have God, a great family, a good job...AND I'll just get to come back here in November and cackle at you all for thinking one of the WORLD's most disliked men honestly even stood a chance once he gets his wig and a$$ handed to him.

Either way I'm good. But if it makes you feel all righteous and tingly to think that we're all out here fuming...carry on.

If those delusions keep you warm at night, far be it from me to get in your way.
"If he wins, I'll still have God, a great family a good job...and SquirrelWig McRacistpants as a President."

"I'll just get to come back here in November and cackle at you all for thinking one of the WORLD's most disliked men honestly even stood a chance once he gets his wig and a$$ handed to him."

Your post contradicts itself.

The first quote assumes that you think he stands a chance of winning.

The second quote says that you will cackle at the people who thought "he even stood a chance".

You wouldn't be hedging your bets if you didn't think he stood a chance.

So will you be cackling at yourself?

Old 05-12-2016, 04:46 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,340,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If some would go back and look, there were a few of us that noted that as soon as he got the nomination he would moderate his positions.

If you want to argue that is typical, I most certainly won't disagree but it is pretty run of the mill.
Its called being a pathetic fraud and a sellout. Turning your back on millions who voted for the rhetoric you ran your campaign on. It just proves Trump can't be trusted and will lie and then sellout to whoever, even the establishment to get votes. Pathetic, he's no better than Hillary.

Old 05-12-2016, 04:49 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Its called being a pathetic fraud and a sellout. Turning your back on millions who voted for the rhetoric you ran your campaign on. It just proves Trump can't be trusted and will lie and then sellout to whoever, even the establishment to get votes. Pathetic, he's no better than Hillary.
Nobody voted for Trump. They voted against Cruz and the rest of the establishment.

Here is why Trump won.

http://dailysignal.com/2016/05/12/fi...ama-requested/

Old 05-12-2016, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Nobody voted for Trump. They voted against Cruz and the rest of the establishment.
Well the joke is on them because Trump is now an establishment puppet. Did you REALLY think a billionaire, one percenter elitist who's made a career off crony capitalism was going to go to Washington and change the system he helped build? LOL!!!!

Old 05-12-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Well the joke is on them because Trump is now an establishment puppet. Did you REALLY think a billionaire, one percenter elitist who's made a career off crony capitalism was going to go to Washington and change the system he helped build? LOL!!!!
I didn't vote for him.

Old 05-12-2016, 04:58 PM

Quote:
I didn't vote for him.
Ok, well you sure defend him a lot. Thats odd.

Old 05-12-2016, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Ok, well you sure defend him a lot. Thats odd.
I discuss him. I've said he holds many positions that I simply can not support.

In the very minimal argument of there being no other options and who would you rather see win, Hillary or Trump, I would rather see Trump. I'm not voting for either though.

Old 05-12-2016, 05:06 PM

952 posts, read 518,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hupe-La View Post
Oh... bless. I wonder who negotiated what, over posting (and posing!) this.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...40541248819203
Mitch: You have to go down a level and to your left. The restroom will be on your left, after you turn.

Trump: So, let me get this straight...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections