U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-17-2016, 11:25 AM
 
3,904 posts, read 1,729,781 times
Reputation: 1085

Advertisements

Hillary is up 298 pledged delegates and only needs 60% of the remaining delegates to win the nomination. Bernie needs 102% which is obviously mathematically impossible. All the Trump followers were crying for Cruz to drop out in the same situation, where are the cries for Bernie to drop out? I understand there are SuperDelegates but Bernie and his fans are dreaming if they think they are getting a large number of them to move over to him. Its over, finished, done. Time to drop out and get on with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-17-2016, 11:37 AM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
19,035 posts, read 15,486,842 times
Reputation: 3956
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Hillary is up 298 pledged delegates and only needs 60% of the remaining delegates to win the nomination. Bernie needs 102% which is obviously mathematically impossible. All the Trump followers were crying for Cruz to drop out in the same situation, where are the cries for Bernie to drop out? I understand there are SuperDelegates but Bernie and his fans are dreaming if they think they are getting a large number of them to move over to him. Its over, finished, done. Time to drop out and get on with it.
Bernie isn't technically eliminated since the Super Delegates don't cast their vote until the Convention. Also there are more pledged delegates still available then her lead. Obviously the chances are insanely remote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2016, 11:48 AM
 
2,541 posts, read 2,155,743 times
Reputation: 3824
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Its over, finished, done. Time to drop out and get on with it.
Agreed, there is no point whatsoever in Bernie continuing in the race. The race is over. Hillary will still continue to be ahead of him in pledged delegates in all of the remaining races. California's not gonna pull out a miracle for Bernie, because its large Latino and black populations favor Hillary. All he's doing is dragging out the inevitable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2016, 11:49 AM
 
Location: Denver CO
21,177 posts, read 11,791,368 times
Reputation: 32193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Bernie isn't technically eliminated since the Super Delegates don't cast their vote until the Convention. Also there are more pledged delegates still available then her lead. Obviously the chances are insanely remote.
There are all kinds of ways of crunching the numbers.

If you go by just pledged delegates, there are 897 remaining. If you add 100% of those to Bernie's current 1433, then he gets to 2330 and cannot mathematically reach 2383 in pledged delegates alone, which is what the Sanders campaign has stated is the standard that Hillary needs to meet. So in that case, yes, he should drop out by being mathematically eliminated by the formula the Sanders campaign has been arguing needs to apply.

And of course on the flip side, if they say superdelegates should be included, Hillary is only 143 away from hitting 2383, once again mathematically excluding him from getting a majority.

The problem is that they want to include superdelegates for Bernie but not for Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2016, 11:49 AM
 
3,904 posts, read 1,729,781 times
Reputation: 1085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Bernie isn't technically eliminated since the Super Delegates don't cast their vote until the Convention. Also there are more pledged delegates still available then her lead. Obviously the chances are insanely remote.
...and he needs 102% of them to beat her which is not possible. He should be dropping out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2016, 11:54 AM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
19,035 posts, read 15,486,842 times
Reputation: 3956
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
There are all kinds of ways of crunching the numbers.

If you go by just pledged delegates, there are 897 remaining. If you add 100% of those to Bernie's current 1433, then he gets to 2330 and cannot mathematically reach 2383 in pledged delegates alone, which is what the Sanders campaign has stated is the standard that Hillary needs to meet. So in that case, yes, he should drop out by being mathematically eliminated by the formula the Sanders campaign has been arguing needs to apply.

And of course on the flip side, if they say superdelegates should be included, Hillary is only 143 away from hitting 2383, once again mathematically excluding him from getting a majority.

The problem is that they want to include superdelegates for Bernie but not for Hillary.


Whoever gets the majority of pledged delegates should get the nomination. That is extremely likely to be Clinton, but she hasn't clinched it as of yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2016, 11:58 AM
 
4,022 posts, read 1,853,124 times
Reputation: 3950
Dex with the full outward support of Hillary. Wow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2016, 12:00 PM
 
Location: Manhattan
21,478 posts, read 28,370,231 times
Reputation: 9755
It is not mathematically impossible for Hillary to suffer a fatal heart attack or stroke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2016, 12:01 PM
 
199 posts, read 131,325 times
Reputation: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
I understand there are SuperDelegates but Bernie and his fans are dreaming if they think they are getting a large number of them to move over to him. Its over, finished, done. Time to drop out and get on with it.
He won't drop out because of his massively inflated ego and his equally ridiculous messiah complex. He is a trend surfing Socialist, betting on his Bernouts to take up the cause to create a Socialist America long past the present election. There is no other reason than that to stay in the "race".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2016, 12:01 PM
 
3,904 posts, read 1,729,781 times
Reputation: 1085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
It is not mathematically impossible for Hillary to suffer a fatal heart attack or stroke.
A betting man would put money on Bernie having a heart attack long before Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top