Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2016, 11:16 PM

3,697 posts, read 5,000,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
What do you mean "find illegals"? Police come in contact with illegals on a daily basis all over the country
Really? Hispanic does not equal illegal. And yes, if the person they find has been committing a crime and maybe illegally here, they will send the person to ICE to detain them. Most satisics show that illegals have a rather low crime rate when compared to other groups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 12:49 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,439,336 times
Why don't we just cut to the chase?

All we need to do is turn up the heat a little, and the problem will solve itself.

Make illegal entry a felony with mandatory imprisonment. One year for the first offense. Five years for the second. And then keep doubling the amount of time for each further offense.

Make the use of e-Verify mandatory.

Send the military down to the border.

Deputize local authorities to help enforce immigration law and pay their expenses.

Stop all federal funding for sanctuary cities.

Institute a biometric visa entry-exit tracking system.

When a few thousand illegals are thrown in prison, the word will get out: "It's not worth it."

Right now, we are rolling out the red carpet for these law breakers, giving them drivers licenses, giving them in-state tuition, giving them welfare if they have kids in this country, etc.

Other countries manage to enforce their immigration laws.

If we aren't doing so, it's because we don't want to.

To perfectly illustrate how insane our policies are, we listen sympathetically to "immigrant activists" when they talk about "immigrant families" being broken up when we enforce the law against illegal immigration.

But they have no problem whatsoever with U.S. citizen families being broken up when family members are convicted of crimes and sent to prison.

Old 07-08-2016, 01:04 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,237,274 times
Quote:

Enough of your propaganda. And that paragraph you posted about leaving it up the feds?! Unbelievable stupidity.

Police can detain people who 1. Don't have id. 2. Speak no English. 3. Don't have a social security number 4. Have a Mexican or other consular card 5. Say they have been here however many years but are not legal

Its called "totality of the circumstances". Stop talking about something you nothing about
Your being an ignoramous
You like to skim over important details, you probably are not even aware of what you're doing.

So let's think over your criteria shall we?

1. Don't have id.

Ok, simple enough.

2. Speak no English.

Plenty of citizens speak no English. Dumb criteria, next.

3. Don't have a social security number

First of all, do you carry your SSN card on you all the time you're outside??

Second, how do you know the person doesn't have a SSN?? What if the person say, "I have one but I don't remember the number."??? What then??

4. Have a Mexican or other consular card

You think illegals carry this card on them all the time? Or they could be tourists from Mexico.

5. Say they have been here however many years but are not legal

You think an illegal will be honest and say, "Yeah I've been here five years but I am not legal."

Quote:
Police LOVE catching illegals and calling ice to come and deport them. Police HATE the illegals that drive drunk. No insurance. No license. Banger kids. Domestic violence. Bar fights. Tax fraud. The list goes on and on...
There's around 900,000 police officers. There's about 5000 ice agents.
Plenty of citizens do the same thing.

I'm sure many police would love to bust people for fighting, driving drunk, etc. But they DO NOT want to do ICE work. That's why ICE is ICE and police is police.

Quote:
There's that brick wall again
A wall that ain't gonna work.

Quote:
ILLEGALS HAVE COST TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS. YOU HA E TO SPEND BILLIONS NOW TO SAVE TRILLIONS LATER AND SAVE OUR COUNTRY
I don't disagree with that. But again, I asked if there is a way to fix the problem without incurring tremendous cost and time; and there isn't. All of your solutions could potentially bankrupt the treasury, takes decades, and the chance of success is at best 50/50.

Old 07-08-2016, 01:12 AM

Quote:

You have no clue do you?

Our govt does NOT do ice raids at any level that should be done. Under this regime(obama) who loves illegals and foreigners

Obama administration is using "silent raids". Auditing business payroll to spot the presence of illegals. These are shown to be just as effective as the type of all guns blazing raids that you're talking about.

‘Silent Raids’: ICE’s New Tactic Quietly Wreaks Havoc on Immigrant Workers - Working In These Times

Quote:

They may not burst into workplaces wielding guns and dogs, but the effects are no less devastating.

Immigration Customs Enforcement (ICE) is increasing immigration controls that have a serious impact on immigrants in the workplace using a different—and quieter—tactic. Recently, eight workers were arrested after they chained themselves together in an act of civil disobedience inside a Chipotle Mexican Grill restaurant in Minneapolis.

The action was part of a protest over the firing of between 350 to 700 immigrant workers from the restaurant chain’s 50 restaurants without notice in December. The workers were dismissed after ICE perused I-9 forms. Chipotle says each worker was given a chance to show documentation, and all dismissed employees were paid "promptly."

The strategy of “silent raids" avoids dramatic workplace raids, but still tightens the screw on workers. If paperwork is not in order, ICE demands that the employer fire the employee. Last year ICE conducted more than 2,200 I-9 audits. (There were 1,400 in 2009.)

Old 07-08-2016, 01:28 AM

Quote:
What do you mean "find illegals"? Police come in contact with illegals on a daily basis all over the country
More lazy thought from you.

I'm sure you walk pass many a thugs and criminals on a consistent basis. Most of the time you just ignore them, I'm sure. What if a new law is passed that every time you come into contact with a stranger who you suspects is a thug, you have to apprehend him physically, contain him, and interrogate him? How many hours would you be spending per week on these fights and interrogation?

Your wife ask you to get grocery, you return 3 hours later with nothing because you had to hold and investigate a thug.

You break for a one-hour lunch and return 3 hours later (and missed a meeting) because you were busy fighting and interrogating a thug. How amuse would your boss be? How annoyed would you be?

There's a difference between coming into contact with illegals and actually getting your hands dirty. Police ignore many things on a consistent basis because it's not part of their duties - they don't issue parking tickets, they don't care if you walk your dog without a leash in a leash area, they don't care if your house is not up to building code, etc.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:01 AM

62,973 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Why don't we just cut to the chase?

All we need to do is turn up the heat a little, and the problem will solve itself.

Make illegal entry a felony with mandatory imprisonment. One year for the first offense. Five years for the second. And then keep doubling the amount of time for each further offense.

Make the use of e-Verify mandatory.

Send the military down to the border.

Deputize local authorities to help enforce immigration law and pay their expenses.

Stop all federal funding for sanctuary cities.

Institute a biometric visa entry-exit tracking system.

When a few thousand illegals are thrown in prison, the word will get out: "It's not worth it."

Right now, we are rolling out the red carpet for these law breakers, giving them drivers licenses, giving them in-state tuition, giving them welfare if they have kids in this country, etc.

Other countries manage to enforce their immigration laws.

If we aren't doing so, it's because we don't want to.

To perfectly illustrate how insane our policies are, we listen sympathetically to "immigrant activists" when they talk about "immigrant families" being broken up when we enforce the law against illegal immigration.

But they have no problem whatsoever with U.S. citizen families being broken up when family members are convicted of crimes and sent to prison.

And there is no reason for "illegal alien" families to be broke up. They can return together, family intact to their homelands. Yes, the hypocricy is rampant by illegal aliens and their supporters, isn't it? They think they are above the law but have no problem with regular Americans facing justice for their crimes. I agree with your proposals and solutions also.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:09 AM

5,296 posts, read 5,244,793 times
Quote:
Please explain which of the other 16 idiots were presidential material
AS a Democrat, I can tell you had the GOP nominated Governor Kasich (a moderate, who I believe has made some dumb policy decisions that has hurt OH but has actually done some good as well and would truly work across the aisle), I may have been compelled to vote for him over Hillary as I can't stand her.

Kasich would have been the best of the 16.
Jon Huntsman may have been the best Republican possible but he's far to moderate for their loony base.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:09 AM

62,973 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirack View Post
Really? Hispanic does not equal illegal. And yes, if the person they find has been committing a crime and maybe illegally here, they will send the person to ICE to detain them. Most satisics show that illegals have a rather low crime rate when compared to other groups.

Not under Obama they aren't. Unless they are "convicted" criminals they are given a pass and sent on their way. As for your claims that illegals have a low crime rate......Illegal Alien Crime and Violence by the Numbers: We

Old 07-08-2016, 11:59 AM

3,697 posts, read 5,000,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not under Obama they aren't. Unless they are "convicted" criminals they are given a pass and sent on their way. As for your claims that illegals have a low crime rate......Illegal Alien Crime and Violence by the Numbers: We
How about this:

Immigration and Crime

The cato is libertarian.

Old 07-08-2016, 01:42 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Is Hillary still against gay marriage?

She was, you know.

Digging into the past is fun.

But it's the candidates' positions NOW that are relevant.
Agree. And so are their past positions. It shows that the candidate has no firm principles and relies on the way the wind blows to determine their stance on issues.

In both cases, Hillary and Donald have shown by their historical positions that neither of them can be trusted in what they say or what they would do in office.

A leader who makes policy decisions based on public polling is not someone I want in the Oval office! Which is why there is not a single candidate running in this election that is worth my vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections