Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2016, 05:52 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,125,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Eisenhower tried that and big business shut his efforts down.
Screw big business
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 05:53 AM

28,678 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Do you know who does landscaping and who works at restaurants in small towns? Locals
Which has nothing to do with big business...that's why they are "small towns."

Old 07-06-2016, 05:54 AM

28,678 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Screw big business
Well, that sounds like a Sandersnista talking. Certainly not a Trumpster, because Donald Trump is not going to tear down the big business system that keeps him wealthy.

Old 07-06-2016, 06:01 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,220,852 times
Don the Nut will only do what he can to protect his business, that we know, bankruptcy, high debt load, non- payment to vendors.

Don the Nut is so entrenched in globalism, every time he says this he is giving away you and I. From his clothes line to his entire business model, I believe he was at his global golf course just a week ago.

The GOP what ever they say, think in the reverse of their policies.

Old 07-06-2016, 06:10 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Doesn't matter, because Trump will never get the chance.....

For the next 50 years ( pretty much the rest of my life), every time the newly Liberal Clinton appointed Supreme Court hands down a decision that further erodes, distorts, invents against, or otherwise eradicates our Constitution, I'm going to say "thanks Trump supporters".... Every four years when a newly elected Democrat President takes office because Republicans can no longer compete in an election due to Hillary legalizing 12 million new Democratic voters, I'm going to say "thanks Trump supporters".... Every step our country takes further to the political Left and becomes more and more irreversibly damaged, I'm going to say "thanks Trump supporters"

That's assuming that our country lasts for the next 50 years. The damage they have wrought hasn't even begun to come to fruition, and it certainly doesn't end when Trump inevitably loses in a landslide this November. The demise of America from here on out rests solely on the shoulders of Trump supports, et al, as they and they alone have squandered the last opportunity to, ironically enough, Make America Great Again ™
You're blaming Trump supporters?

That's rich.

You should be blaming the Establishment Republicans who ignored their own base of voters and approved of virtual open borders, amnesty, racial preferences and affirmative action, endless wars that our leaders don't even try to win, failing to do more to rein in Fannie and Freddy in order to stop them from buying $2.4 trillion in sub-prime mortgages, giving Obama free rein to increase our national debt by 11 trillion dollars after Bush raised it by 5 trillion, and allowing companies to offshore good jobs while approving the massive importation of cheap labor in the form of illegal and legal immigrants.

Republicans sold out this country to globalists, aiding and abetting the Democrats in transforming it into a Third World hell hole, and you want to blame the Republican voters who rightfully objected to this travesty?

Republicans like "open borders/amnesty/there's never a war we won't support" Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham have virtually made Establishment Republicans unelectable by approving dramatic demographic changes to this country through massive legal and illegal immigration. Smart move!

The great majority of those Third world "immigrants" will only vote for Democrats.

Establishment Republicans also have a lousy record when it comes to nominating Supreme Court justices: Kennedy, O'Connor, Souter and Roberts were all supposed to be conservative and turned out to be anything but.

Blame yourself, because that's where the fault lies.

Last edited by dechatelet; 07-06-2016 at 07:03 AM..

Old 07-06-2016, 06:12 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times
Quote:
Great 3 minute video. Would Hillary ever say anything like this? Never in a million years.
https://youtu.be/EOyma_8dFm0
That's right, she wouldn't, because it is a stupid viewpoint. Why? See below:

Trump, Trade and Workers
Bashing China doesn't make you worker friendly

Old 07-06-2016, 06:13 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
You're right. Hillary Clinton would never say anything this stupid.
no she DOES stupid things.

like selling out the country.

taking money from poor Haitians after a disaster, when American people gave generously from their hearts to help.

selling the country out for cold hard cash, How much money does that ***** need anyway???

trying to bring men into this country who have NO RESPECT for women, thereby negating decades of women's advancement as equal citizens, not to mention what will happen to the gays.

stealing White House furniture.

lying to the American public, or refusing to testify because she doesn't feel well.

Letting soldiers die even AFTER they said they needed reinforcements, on the anniversary of 9-11 no less. That ****ing ***** can't seem to think ahead to save her ass.

Arkancide, with new deaths in the last couple of months.

What that ****ing ***** did to Benghazi she will do to all of us if elected

Carry on, dumbass.

interesting note, our loser current FBI chief worked for the world's largest GLOBAL hedge fund, and obviously was the most qualified candidate for the job. Sell out complete, thanks to the brain dead "leaders" we keep electing. He ADMITTED there was a crime, but said it wasn't intentional????

can we all do that now?

that's great!!!!!

Old 07-06-2016, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
You're blaming Trump supporters?

That's rich.

You should be blaming the Establishment Republicans who ignored their own base of voters and approved of virtual open borders, amnesty, racial preferences and affirmative action, endless wars that our leaders don't even try to win, giving Obama free rein to increase our national debt by 11 trillion dollars after Bush raised it by 5 trillion, and allowing companies to offshore good jobs while approving the massive importation of cheap labor in the form of illegal and legal immigrants.

Republicans sold out this country to globalists, aiding and abetting the Democrats into transforming it into a Third World hell hole, and you want to blame the Republican voters who rightfully objected to this travesty?

Blame yourself, because that's where the fault lies.
Trump believes in the same policies as those "establishment Republicans," namely, cutting taxes on corporations and the rich, ending environmental regulation, holding down the minimum wage, and hostility to labor unions. Trump believes in the same basic policies that all Republicans traditionally believe, including Mitt Romney.

Trump also impersonates a populist, claiming that getting tough on foreigners and ripping up our trade agreements will bring back the well-paying jobs America has lost. They won't. Income inequality -- how national income is divided, has more of an effect on wages of workers than trade. Trump benefits from the existing system of inequality and proposes to do little to change it. His trade mantra is a scam.

Old 07-06-2016, 06:52 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Trump believes in the same policies as those "establishment Republicans," namely, cutting taxes on corporations and the rich, ending environmental regulation, holding down the minimum wage, and hostility to labor unions. Trump believes in the same basic policies that all Republicans traditionally believe, including Mitt Romney.
You haven't refuted a single thing I said in my post above.

I haven't heard Trump express "hostility to labor unions."

I don't call bringing good jobs back to this country "hostility to labor unions."

Those jobs won't come back without tax cuts. Our corporate income tax is the highest in the world.

And Trump does not believe in "ending environmental regulation." Where did you get that idea?

He wants to get rid of excessive regulations, not all regulation.

I haven't heard him say anything about the minimum wage.

Quote:
Trump also impersonates a populist, claiming that getting tough on foreigners and ripping up our trade agreements will bring back the well-paying jobs America has lost. They won't. Income inequality -- how national income is divided, has more of an effect on wages of workers than trade. Trump benefits from the existing system of inequality and proposes to do little to change it. His trade mantra is a scam.
Well, that's your opinion.

And I find it to be of little interest.

Old 07-06-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
You haven't refuted a single thing I said in my post above.

I haven't heard Trump express "hostility to labor unions."

I don't call bringing good jobs back to this country "hostility to labor unions."

Those jobs won't come back without tax cuts. Our corporate income tax is the highest in the world.

And Trump does not believe in "ending environmental regulation." Where did you get that idea?

He wants to get rid of excessive regulations, not all regulation.

I haven't heard him say anything about the minimum wage.

Well, that's your opinion.

And I find it to be of little interest.
Then you haven't done your homework on Trump. Here is some reading material:

Trump's Labor Pains: The Ups and Downs of His Union Relations

Donald Trump: 'American wages too high.'

The Environmental Implications Of A Trump Presidency | ThinkProgress
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections