Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 04:01 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I got a new word for you: evidence! You can't kick someone out of the country without evidence that he/she is illegal. This simple concept seems to be lost on you.
Then how is it that the Obama administration -- according to your side -- deports hundreds of thousands of illegals each and every year?

Quote:
Then why am I the one who has to explain to you why using the police to do ICE work is time consuming and ineffective?
They don't have to do "ICE work."

All they have to do is allow ICE agents into jails and prisons, and refer suspicious cases to ICE.

Quote:
I already posted links to articles that said cops don't like doing those crappy work.
Cops are not hired on the basis of only doing work that they like to do.

Pretty much nobody is hired on that basis.

Quote:
Huh? $180 to $230 billions is around 1% of our GDP. You think that meager 1% of our GDP is bankrupting this country?? You're not good at math are you?
We shouldn't be spending even one dollar on people who are here illegally, except to quickly deport them.

Quote:
You can argue that their void will be filled by local workers; but with the economy already below 5% unemployment, there simply aren't enough locals to fill the void.
If we truly had a labor shortage, we could increase LEGAL immigration or have a larger guest worker program.

There is no rational reason to have people sneaking into this country when we don't even know who they are.

Other countries don't tolerate it. And there is no reason why we should tolerate it.

Quote:
Not to mention - the wall will not work
Do you have exterior walls in your house or apartment? Do you lock your car and your house?

Walls are not perfect, but they discourage entry. Anyone with common sense can see that.

Quote:
and any program to hunt down and remove illegals is costly and ineffective.
Costly, yes.

Ineffective, no.

We hunt down and imprison at least one million American criminals every year.

Following your logic, we shouldn't bother doing that, because it is "it doesn't work."

Quote:
OMG, tell me you are fracking kidding!!

Police: Hey suspicious person without an ID, what's your name?

Illegal: Jose Rodriquez.

Police: OK, I see there are many SSNs attached to this name. Using westcoastforme's logic, you must be a legal citizen. You are free to go.

They are going to be deported, you think those little extra charges make a significant difference?

As soon as the federal government starts busting illegals based on that information, the illegals will ditch the cards and move to different addresses. You seem to always assume that the illegals are static and inflexible.

I don't care how you define it, but it should dawn on you by now that none of your ideas work.
Other countries manage to control their borders and find and deport illegals.

So your argument fails.

Quote:
If walls work like you're trying to claim, then alright then, build all the walls you need and we can get rid of all the guns.
No, we're going to have both.

And we're going to make supporting the invasion of this country by illegals a capital offense, because, in fact, it is treason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 04:03 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,125,281 times
Again you talk about something you are clueless about. Social security numbers are all in a database with full names including middle and birthdays are known as well for each social secuity number.

They can ditch the card all they want but they won't be able to drive, work, get ANY government benefits so it won't matter anyway. They will be caught and deported.

My ideas have been done and do work. Your just an ignorant know it all who knows very little in this subject

Old 07-14-2016, 04:07 AM

Bep0p thinks 7 trillion dollars is meager everyone

FAIL. illegals don't eat out all the time. Most are poor and eat tortillas and beans. Many illegals have flip phones or no phone at all and have a few sets of old clothes. Why do you think they have 20 people in one house?

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-14-2016 at 05:14 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 07-14-2016, 04:10 AM

5% unemployment huh? Man you believe all the propaganda don't you?

We will build the wall and we will keep our guns. Thousands of guns are being sold everyday because of Barack Hussein and the libs.

Old 07-15-2016, 03:04 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,238,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Then how is it that the Obama administration -- according to your side -- deports hundreds of thousands of illegals each and every year?
Silly argument. No one is saying that gathering evidence is impossible; only that it is time consuming.

Quote:
They don't have to do "ICE work."

All they have to do is allow ICE agents into jails and prisons, and refer suspicious cases to ICE.
You think you can just throw anyone who happens to not have an ID that day into jail???? What about time spend on people who do have IDs?? You didn't factor them into your thought process did you?

Jesus, you people are hilarious if it isn't so frighteningly sad.

Quote:
Cops are not hired on the basis of only doing work that they like to do.

Pretty much nobody is hired on that basis.
Cops are hired on the basis of fighting crimes. You're trying to make them waste time on some dude minding his own business; those are not work they signed up to do and that's why they hate it. There's a reason they don't train police for this type of work - because IT IS NOT POLICE WORK.

This is akin to hiring an electrician to fix your plumbing.

Quote:
We shouldn't be spending even one dollar on people who are here illegally, except to quickly deport them.

If we truly had a labor shortage, we could increase LEGAL immigration or have a larger guest worker program.
Our government is trying to do that.

Quote:
There is no rational reason to have people sneaking into this country when we don't even know who they are.
No one is arguing otherwise.

Quote:
Other countries don't tolerate it. And there is no reason why we should tolerate it.

Illegal immigrants are pretty much a stable of many developed country's economy.

Quote:
Do you have exterior walls in your house or apartment? Do you lock your car and your house?

Walls are not perfect, but they discourage entry. Anyone with common sense can see that.
I do have walls and garages and I lock my car. My car and my garage has been broken into.

Walls discourage innocent bystanders from committing crimes of opportunities, it does not discourage the dedicated criminals who are set on stealing. You keep confusing the 800,000 or so illegals who cross into this country annually with the 121,000,000 foreign citizens who have no interest of doing so. Yes, your wall will deter the later, but it will not stop the former.

Quote:
Costly, yes.

Ineffective, no.

We hunt down and imprison at least one million American criminals every year.

Following your logic, we shouldn't bother doing that, because it is "it doesn't work."
Again, you are mixing up two very different entities.

Criminals are not illegals. The law treats them very differently.

Quote:
Other countries manage to control their borders and find and deport illegals.

So your argument fails.
Yes, those countries include us.

The only reason this is even an issue is because people like you are bitching about 0.026% of the population crossing into our country.

Quote:
No, we're going to have both.

And we're going to make supporting the invasion of this country by illegals a capital offense, because, in fact, it is treason.

Good luck with that.

Old 07-15-2016, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Again you talk about something you are clueless about. Social security numbers are all in a database with full names including middle and birthdays are known as well for each social secuity number.
You to keep missing the point - no one said it's impossible to verify that someone is illegal, only that it is time wasting and the police hates doing it.

Quote:
They can ditch the card all they want but they won't be able to drive, work, get ANY government benefits so it won't matter anyway. They will be caught and deported.
Yup, California doesn't issue consular cards, that's why CA has the whole illegal immigrants problem under control....

Oh wait.

Quote:
My ideas have been done and do work. Your just an ignorant know it all who knows very little in this subject
If you think you know so much, come up with an idea that actually works. Instead of ones that PO the police, waste billions, and accomplish nothing.

For someone who claims to know a lot about the subject, you somehow is very ignorant of the police's indifference.

Quote:

ICE officers arrested 361 undocumented immigrants, mostly women from Central America, who had been working in abysmal conditions for little pay. The detention of mothers left many children behind, prompting then-Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick (D) to call the situation a “humanitarian crisis.”

Teachman, now chief of police in South Bend, Indiana, said watching the situation unfold was alarming. The immigrant community was shaken, and many were afraid to come to police to report crimes, he said.

In the years since, he has led a police force that cooperates with Immigration and Customs Enforcement to some degree, but is sharply aware of how damaging it can be for police to be seen as immigration agents.

“That incident really separated us,” said Teachman, who also serves as co-chair of the national Law Enforcement Immigration Task Force. “Many of us in law enforcement are concerned that seemingly random deportation ... of our community members destabilizes our community and distances us from the people we’re trying to serve. [It] undermines our efforts to build collaborative policing and trust.”

Why Some Cities Don't Rush To Turn Over Undocumented Immigrants To The Feds

Quote:

A federal judge ruled last year that a county in Oregon had violated the rights of a woman it held for immigration purposes because it did so without a warrant.

Under the Priority Enforcement Program, officials say ICE will move away from asking local law enforcement to detain someone for a longer period of time, but will instead ask to be notified if an individual convicted of certain crimes is set to be released.

“We’ve never had this happen, but if ICE couldn’t get here on the day that the person was being released, we’ll release them,” said Manger, who is also president of the Major Cities Chiefs Association. “We can’t hold them. Basically, you’re falsely imprisoning an individual without legal foundation to hold them.”

Old 07-15-2016, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Bep0p thinks 7 trillion dollars is meager everyone
I have said no such thing.

Quote:
FAIL. illegals don't eat out all the time. Most are poor and eat tortillas and beans. Many illegals have flip phones or no phone at all and have a few sets of old clothes. Why do you think they have 20 people in one house?
All of that is taken into consideration. That's why I only account for their monthly spending to be only HALF of a poverty stricken citizen.

But let's do it a different way. How much do you think a typical illegal spends per month?

Old 07-15-2016, 03:43 AM

Quote:

5% unemployment huh? Man you believe all the propaganda don't you?
The unemployment rate is not a propaganda. It's a number that the government calculated using the same formula that were used for decades. Republicans calculate it, Democrats calculate it the same way, everybody calculates the unemployment rate using the same established method with the same established data.

The unemployment is about as bipartisan as it gets.

Quote:
We will build the wall and we will keep our guns. Thousands of guns are being sold everyday because of Barack Hussein and the libs.
If walls work why do you need guns?

Old 07-15-2016, 05:20 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times
Quote:
Silly argument. No one is saying that gathering evidence is impossible; only that it is time consuming.
Too bad.

Quote:
You think you can just throw anyone who happens to not have an ID that day into jail???? What about time spend on people who do have IDs?? You didn't factor them into your thought process did you?

Jesus, you people are hilarious if it isn't so frighteningly sad.
If what you say were true, then Obama wouldn't be deporting hundreds of thousands of illegals a year.

But nice try.

Quote:
Cops are hired on the basis of fighting crimes. You're trying to make them waste time on some dude minding his own business; those are not work they signed up to do and that's why they hate it. There's a reason they don't train police for this type of work - because IT IS NOT POLICE WORK.
Wrong.

Cops are hired to enforce the law. Illegal immigration by definition is against the law.

All the cops have to do is hold suspected illegals for ICE.

They don't have to make the determination of illegality themselves.

Quote:
Our government is trying to do that.
No, it isn't.

The Democrats will only allow immigration "reform" if it includes amnesty. They will not allow any reform that increases legal immigration if it doesn't include amnesty.

Quote:
No one is arguing otherwise.
Wrong.

Quote:
Illegal immigrants are pretty much a stable of many developed country's economy.
Wrong.

Legal immigrants and guest workers can be a staple of a developed country's economy. And that's fine. That doesn't justify illegal immigration and not knowing who is in your country.

Quote:
I do have walls and garages and I lock my car. My car and my garage has been broken into.

Walls discourage innocent bystanders from committing crimes of opportunities
Innocent people, by definition, do not commit crimes of opportunity.

Quote:
it does not discourage the dedicated criminals who are set on stealing.
Wrong. If your house or car is locked, the great majority of criminals will move on to the next car or house and keep on until they find one that is unlocked. That's just common sense.

Quote:
You keep confusing the 800,000 or so illegals who cross into this country annually with the 121,000,000 foreign citizens who have no interest of doing so.
No, I don't.

Your arguments are so illogical and fact-challenged that I suggest you go back to school and learn the basics.

Quote:
Again, you are mixing up two very different entities.

Criminals are not illegals. The law treats them very differently.
A lot of illegals ARE criminals -- committing all kinds of crimes like, for example, murdering Kate Steinle -- and ALL illegal immigrants are breaking the law.

I guess this is the face of Latino supremacy -- they get to be the one group that doesn't have to obey the law.

Last edited by dechatelet; 07-15-2016 at 05:29 AM..

Old 07-15-2016, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Too bad.

If what you say were true, then Obama wouldn't be deporting hundreds of thousands of illegals a year.

But nice try.
What the frack logic are you using?

Me: It's time consuming to to repair the foundation in your house and you don't want to have anyone who's not a licensed contractor do it.

You: If what you said is true then why are so many foundations get repaired each year??!

Me: I like how you say things without first processing what you're saying.

Quote:

Wrong.

Cops are hired to enforce the law. Illegal immigration by definition is against the law.
Tax evasion is also against the law by definition. Imagine if every time a cop stops someone he/she also has to figure out if that person cheated on taxes.

Quote:

All the cops have to do is hold suspected illegals for ICE.

They don't have to make the determination of illegality themselves.
You seem to think the illegals have marking on their foreheads that make it easy to identify and hold them.

Yeah sure, just question them, establish cause for concern, and then hold them. Those times don't take time. Sure.

Quote:
No, it isn't.

The Democrats will only allow immigration "reform" if it includes amnesty. They will not allow any reform that increases legal immigration if it doesn't include amnesty.
Nobody ever thinks that amnesty is the preferred choice. It's just a crappy but workable solution in a sea full of bad ideas like the ones you're spilling.

Quote:
Wrong.

Wrong.

Legal immigrants and guest workers can be a staple of a developed country's economy. And that's fine. That doesn't justify illegal immigration and not knowing who is in your country.
No one is justifying illegal immigration. You're trying to inject this fake argument here because you do not have any workable solutions and the only points you can score is by arguing against this fake argument that no one is advocating.

Quote:
Innocent people, by definition, do not commit crimes of opportunity.
Except for those who do, but then they're no longer innocent. Is that what you're getting at??

Quote:
Wrong. If your house or car is locked, the great majority of criminals will move on to the next car or house and keep on until they find one that is unlocked. That's just common sense.
Right. If we put up a wall the illegals will just move on to the next bordering country.....

Oh wait, there is NO other country north of their border!!!

Dawn, you were so close.

Quote:
No, I don't.

Your arguments are so illogical and fact-challenged that I suggest you go back to school and learn the basics.

Quote:
A lot of illegals ARE criminals -- committing all kinds of crimes like, for example, murdering Kate Steinle -- and ALL illegal immigrants are breaking the law.

I guess this is the face of Latino supremacy -- they get to be the one group that doesn't have to obey the law.
I just KNEW you are going to make this pointless argument.

If an illegal commits a crime they will be dealt with like a criminal. At that point, it becomes legit police work to apprehend the suspect.

But we are not talking about that were we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections