Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2016, 02:55 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,125,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirack View Post
Really? Hispanic does not equal illegal. And yes, if the person they find has been committing a crime and maybe illegally here, they will send the person to ICE to detain them. Most satisics show that illegals have a rather low crime rate when compared to other groups.
Most illegals are hispanic. Enough of your lies

When comparing illegals to thugs in the hood, then yes they commit less crimes.

ALL ILLEGALS ARE CRIMINALS!!!!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
You like to skim over important details, you probably are not even aware of what you're doing.

So let's think over your criteria shall we?

1. Don't have id.

Ok, simple enough.

2. Speak no English.

Plenty of citizens speak no English. Dumb criteria, next.

3. Don't have a social security number

First of all, do you carry your SSN card on you all the time you're outside??

Second, how do you know the person doesn't have a SSN?? What if the person say, "I have one but I don't remember the number."??? What then??

4. Have a Mexican or other consular card

You think illegals carry this card on them all the time? Or they could be tourists from Mexico.

5. Say they have been here however many years but are not legal

You think an illegal will be honest and say, "Yeah I've been here five years but I am not legal."

2. No English.

Again totality of the circusmstances. You don't know what that means do you?

3. SSN

Names are tied to social security numbers. You know feds and police have access to SSN database don't you?

4. Most illegals do have there consular cards on them so they can buy booze and get phones etc

5. You're an ignoramous. Illegals probably admit to being illegal more than half of the time

Do you want to continue speaking about something you know very little about? Or do you want to continue to appear ignorant and make yourself look foolish?

Old 07-08-2016, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Plenty of citizens do the same thing.

I'm sure many police would love to bust people for fighting, driving drunk, etc. But they DO NOT want to do ICE work. That's why ICE is ICE and police is police.

A wall that ain't gonna work.

I don't disagree with that. But again, I asked if there is a way to fix the problem without incurring tremendous cost and time; and there isn't. All of your solutions could potentially bankrupt the treasury, takes decades, and the chance of success is at best 50/50.
CITIZENS ARE CITIZENS AND BELONG HERE. ILLEGALS DO NOT BELONG HERE.

where did you get this information that "police don't like ice work"

The brick wall is you and it feels like I'm talking to a brick wall

NO. what's bankrupting this country is 180 to 230 billion a year lost on illegals. 230 billion times 20 years is about 4,600,000,000,000 spent or lost on illegals.

You can't win this argument

Old 07-08-2016, 03:16 PM

Quote:
More lazy thought from you.

I'm sure you walk pass many a thugs and criminals on a consistent basis. Most of the time you just ignore them, I'm sure. What if a new law is passed that every time you come into contact with a stranger who you suspects is a thug, you have to apprehend him physically, contain him, and interrogate him? How many hours would you be spending per week on these fights and interrogation?

Your wife ask you to get grocery, you return 3 hours later with nothing because you had to hold and investigate a thug.

You break for a one-hour lunch and return 3 hours later (and missed a meeting) because you were busy fighting and interrogating a thug. How amuse would your boss be? How annoyed would you be?

There's a difference between coming into contact with illegals and actually getting your hands dirty. Police ignore many things on a consistent basis because it's not part of their duties - they don't issue parking tickets, they don't care if you walk your dog without a leash in a leash area, they don't care if your house is not up to building code, etc.
More propaganda. You must be illegal or an anchor or an illegal sympathizer.

YOU CANT RANDOMLY STOP PEOPLE WALKING ON THE STREET.

You don't know anything about how the police work do you. Police come in contact with illegals on traffic stops, domestics, hit and runs, fights, etc. That is when a 10 minute interview would take place. Not "hours". You have no clue what you are talking about.

Old 07-08-2016, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
AS a Democrat, I can tell you had the GOP nominated Governor Kasich (a moderate, who I believe has made some dumb policy decisions that has hurt OH but has actually done some good as well and would truly work across the aisle), I may have been compelled to vote for him over Hillary as I can't stand her.

Kasich would have been the best of the 16.
Jon Huntsman may have been the best Republican possible but he's far to moderate for their loony base.
Ya kasich the moron who called illegals "Americans" and said he would bail out the banks AGAIN. Ya great choice

Old 07-08-2016, 08:58 PM

3,697 posts, read 5,001,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
2. No English.

Again totality of the circusmstances. You don't know what that means do you?

3. SSN

Names are tied to social security numbers. You know feds and police have access to SSN database don't you?

4. Most illegals do have there consular cards on them so they can buy booze and get phones etc

5. You're an ignoramous. Illegals probably admit to being illegal more than half of the time

Do you want to continue speaking about something you know very little about? Or do you want to continue to appear ignorant and make yourself look foolish?
Inability to speak English is a poor choice. I know some people who are here legally but can not speak English well. I also went to Mexico once and didn't need to use any Spanish(The folks in that tourist town spoke English well.)

3. Yes but ah you are assuming the person is giving you the correct information and you are asking information that could be dangerous. With name and SSN anyone could open a credit line in your name.Imagine a crocked cop selling your SSN after a traffic stop to an illegal!

4. And so do tourist. Calling outside your country is very expensive. Most tourist guides tell people to get a phone and prepay. Tourists also purchase booze.

5. Why on earth should they admit it? Unless the person is facing charges for something else then the smart move is not to say anything.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Ya kasich the moron who called illegals "Americans" and said he would bail out the banks AGAIN. Ya great choice

Well I hate to break it to you, but Latin Americans consider themselves American. I mean that big continent to the south isn't called Europe! And Mexicans like Canadians are North American.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Most illegals are hispanic. Enough of your lies

When comparing illegals to thugs in the hood, then yes they commit less crimes.

ALL ILLEGALS ARE CRIMINALS!!!!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE
They also commit less crime than the General Population with the exceptions of things like Identity theft and Drug Smuggling.

Old 07-09-2016, 01:11 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Agree. And so are their past positions. It shows that the candidate has no firm principles and relies on the way the wind blows to determine their stance on issues.
Not necessarily.

I've changed my positions over the years, moving from a more liberal to a more conservative stance.

People DO evolve based on their life experiences as the years pass by -- unless they're brain-dead.

Quote:
The brick wall is you and it feels like I'm talking to a brick wall
I don't put people on ignore.

But if I did, he would be my first choice.

Quote:
Well I hate to break it to you, but Latin Americans consider themselves American. I mean that big continent to the south isn't called Europe! And Mexicans like Canadians are North American.
That's all very nice, but we're talking about U.S. citizens here -- who are also called "Americans."

Quote:
They also commit less crime than the General Population with the exceptions of things like Identity theft and Drug Smuggling.
So that makes it okay for them to be here?

Because they commit crime in this country, but "not that much crime"?

If they weren't in this country, then they wouldn't commit any crime in this country.

Old 07-09-2016, 07:25 AM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
How about this:

Immigration and Crime

The cato is libertarian.

It's not clear what they are talking about in this article. They seem to be blurring the lines between legal and illegal. The article I posted is clearly talking about illegals not plain ole "immigrants".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections