Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 04:09 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,471,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Surprised it took this long for the "bad behavior is now ok because the other person does it".

If the other person murders, rapes, steals, is careless, etc are you going to rationalize that next as ok....that's your defense? Bad behavior is ok because the other person does it/did it?

Give it a break magoo. That's a morally broke argument and amazing how many people come on here and play that nonsense game. What's sad is I bet many people are parents who believe in such a way and teach this broken argument to their kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 04:16 PM

759 posts, read 637,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Most of her supporters won't care if she purjured herself. Lying is par for the course for the Democrat party.
You'd be correct.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:16 PM

25,960 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Surprised it took this long for the "bad behavior is now ok because the other person does it".

If the other person murders, rapes, steals, is careless, etc are you going to rationalize that next as ok....that's your defense? Bad behavior is ok because the other person does it/did it?

Give it a break magoo. That's a morally broke argument and amazing how many people come on here and play that nonsense game.
Not to mention this thread is about Hillary and perjury. She is a candidate and we have the opportunity to stop her from continuing her never ending chains of lies into the nomination and the Presidency. As I have said, she is a known liability giving us the opportunity not to make the mistake of going with what is a standard in the government anymore "screw up, move up".

Pitiful isn't it that we get the elementary school "Yeah but everyone else is doing it." or "Yeah, but she said she was sorry." or "She said she wouldn't do it again." Standard lines of a repeat offender and their enablers.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:17 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post

Give it a break magoo. That's a morally broke argument and amazing how many people come on here and play that nonsense game.
Seriously? Lies that killed and wounded 30,000 American soldiers should be for gotten about are being compared to emails? Killing thousands in an invasion based on lies is "bad behavior"? You can`t be serious. "Morally broke argument" is what exactly?

Old 07-07-2016, 04:21 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,471,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Not to mention this thread is about Hillary and perjury. She is a candidate and we have the opportunity to stop her from continuing her never ending chains of lies into the nomination and the Presidency. As I have said, she is a known liability giving us the opportunity not to make the mistake of going with what is a standard in the government anymore "screw up, move up".

Pitiful isn't it that we get the elementary school "Yeah but everyone else is doing it." or "Yeah, but she said she was sorry." or "She said she wouldn't do it again." Standard lines of a repeat offender and their enablers.
Exactly. It's just deflecting in the end because her supporters can't come up with a rational argument other than "I hate trump/bernie/the rep's/the other person did it so it's ok for my buddy to do it" on and on and on so it's ok that I support this person.

And yes, a most elementary school argument for sure on the "they did it so now it's ok for my buddy to do it!". Enablers indeed. And scary these people walk amongst us. And many have kids/teach this nonsense to their kids no doubt as the apple often doesn't fall far from the tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Seriously? Lies that killed and wounded 30,000 American soldiers should be for gotten about are being compared to emails? Killing thousands in an invasion based on lies is "bad behavior"? You can`t be serious. "Morally broke argument" is what exactly?
I'll play on your level.....the president didn't make the iraq war happen alone, it takes congress to approve it. Your buddy clinton voted for the iraq war as did most of congress, team R and D. So THEY, LOTS OF YOUR BUDDIES IN TEAM D, are as responsible in my view.

"Morally broke argument" = "Your" guy did bad behavior so it's ok that "My" woman did bad behavior.

Emails has nothing to do with it.....it's lying. It's a gov that in my view/the view of many is a 2 tier justice system, one for people like you and one for the people in power. The fact that you apparently would vote for someone the fbi director himself called "Extremely careless" with highly classified information is beyond belief to me.

It's beyond belief you needed clarification on that.....you were brought up to not use the excuse that bad behavior is ok/justified because someone else practiced bad behavior, right?

The fact I have to explain this/you don't see any of this beyond "I love team D and hillary!" shows more insight why our country is in the shape it's in.

I really wish we had IQ tests for voters.

Last edited by stevek64; 07-07-2016 at 04:30 PM..

Old 07-07-2016, 04:21 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Blah, blah, blah, blah. If not this the Conservatives would hold a 10th Benghazi "investigation" or another email "investigation" or something else, anything else, they could possibly waste more time on. When Hillary is the president there will be ongoing, never ending "investigations."

The Republican House apparently has nothing better to do with their time. I guess we should be glad that they're not actually doing anything important. At least their pretend "investigations" will give them something to focus on. It's not like anything ever comes of them. Better to keep the children busy and out of trouble.

No one is surprised by this, OP. It was just a matter of what they would settle on next.

In the meantime, the rest of the country will give a big, collective YAWN in response. Which is as much as it deserves.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:22 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
Comey clearly said Hilliary is stupid/dumb as she as the head of the department doesn't know what (C) stands for.

So next time when I get pulled over I can claim to be stupid and not knowing the rules or law can't get me in trouble as I can claim the Hilliary defense/law.

Hope Congress and Senate will pass the Hilliary stupid act/law.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:24 PM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
So 150 FBI agents spend one year going through every email word by word with a fine tooth comb and come up with THREE out of 30,000 or so that had a "(C)" in the text of the message. These emails were not headed with bold red "TOP SECRET". It was a "(C)". In three of them! Who can say she even read them, or looked at them in detail enough to notice the embedded "(C)". I know in all my years I often glanced at email. Busy people often have little time for more. Certainly not the time 150 agents had. Perjury, my ear. It's time for Republicans to put a sock in it and try to win the election on the merits. Trump is just the man to do that.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:25 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,801,922 times
Boy you GOP guys are in trouble. you milked this tiny issue so long and now the American public tuned it out 4 months before elections.

Meanwhile Trump does nothing but continue to make new lies you chose to ignore.

How about that drought that ever happened in California?

Old 07-07-2016, 04:25 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,832 times
“Do you need a referral from Congress to investigate her statements under oath?”

“Sure do.”

“You’ll have one,” Chaffetz promised. “You’ll have one in the next few hours.”

None of those buffoons seemed to know what a referral is. I sure hope they follow through. Hillary MUST BE STOPPED. She's beyond despicable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Comey clearly said Hilliary is stupid/dumb as she as the head of the department doesn't know what (C) stands for.

So next time when I get pulled over I can claim to be stupid and not knowing the rules or law can't get me in trouble as I can claim the Hilliary defense/law.

Hope Congress and Senate will pass the Hilliary stupid act/law.
"But Officer, I didn't know a red light means I'm supposed to stop."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections