Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 05:20 PM

759 posts, read 637,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post

Blacks vote against the Republicans because the GOP has become the party of racism.

I think you mean the Democratic party has become the party of free social programs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2016, 05:26 PM

7,840 posts, read 9,202,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
you make my point for me, none of that has to do with if he will be a great president or not, you don't have to be a 'nice guy' to build a wall or crush the bad guys.

you're not marrying him or hanging out with him at dinner, so it doesn't matter if he's a quality human being or not, all that matters is if he keeps you and your family safe from harm....you're not hiring him to do anything else.
I wouldn't hire a fascist or a demented would-be dictator, especially an ignorant and incompetent one. Case closed.

Old 07-13-2016, 05:28 PM

7,840 posts, read 9,202,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC View Post

I think you mean the Democratic party has become the party of free social programs.

Deny it all you want, but it's not any Democrat politician tweeting memes from white supremacist websites.

Old 07-13-2016, 05:33 PM

11,792 posts, read 5,798,330 times
I can't even bother to respond to some of these posts because it's the same rhetoric over and over. I'm sure some are paid trolls as they post verbatim the same words to many threads. We also have those who " don't vote " but pretend to know everything there is to know about politics.

At this point - I think almost everyone knows who they support - but are they publicly supporting their candidate - no - due to the reaction they may get from fellow family members, friends and colleagues. If you don't know who Trump is and who Hillary is - something is wrong with you.

I do think there are more people going to vote for both Trump and 3rd party even if they profess to be a Hillary supporter - why - because they're sick and tired of defending their choice with liberals and I don't blame them. They see the reaction people receive if they disagree with the President. You're automatically labeled a racist and a Republican and the libs can not believe you just don't approve of the man's policies or are disgusted that the world he promised you was all a farce.

What will be will be - I don't see my support changing anytime soon.

Old 07-13-2016, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
I wouldn't hire a fascist or a demented would-be dictator, especially an ignorant and incompetent one. Case closed.

You've more than once been chastised about your demeanor and name calling in multiple threads - too bad it hasn't sunk in as you may be someone who would be a good debater in the long run.

Old 07-13-2016, 05:41 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,361,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I can't even bother to respond to some of these posts because it's the same rhetoric over and over. I'm sure some are paid trolls as they post verbatim the same words to many threads. We also have those who " don't vote " but pretend to know everything there is to know about politics.

At this point - I think almost everyone knows who they support - but are they publicly supporting their candidate - no - due to the reaction they may get from fellow family members, friends and colleagues. If you don't know who Trump is and who Hillary is - something is wrong with you.

I do think there are more people going to vote for both Trump and 3rd party even if they profess to be a Hillary supporter - why - because they're sick and tired of defending their choice with liberals and I don't blame them. They see the reaction people receive if they disagree with the President. You're automatically labeled a racist and a Republican and the libs can not believe you just don't approve of the man's policies or are disgusted that the world he promised you was all a farce.

What will be will be - I don't see my support changing anytime soon.
So can you quantify that?

In other words, you're trying to claim a sort of Bradley effect with polling for Trump. Any evidence to that other than your wishful thinking?

Old 07-13-2016, 05:46 PM

Sorry kris - I won't be baited - Another Lib from California who thinks they know it all - I'll pull a Linda D on ya!

Old 07-13-2016, 05:53 PM

25,964 posts, read 22,132,993 times
And, there is plenty of time to work on that and it is coming around as he gains in the polls and some can't stomach the thought of voting for the crook and incompetent Democrat after the FBI report.

Old 07-13-2016, 06:20 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,264,790 times
Well, I'm a woman. And I've have to vote for Trump over Hillary.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:16 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
that was kind of sexist.

Your wife may not be "an exception" at all.

I know a lot of logical women, and they are all voting for Trump.

I did not intend for it to sound sextist and I apologize if it offended any women in here. I didn't say all women allow their emotions to hamper their thinking process. I know many who don't. Can someone explain to me why any women won't vote for Trump other than my comment about those who allow their emotions to rule them and they are usually liberals anyway. I'd really like to know.

Last edited by Oldglory; 07-13-2016 at 09:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections