Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 06:52 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,396,089 times

Advertisements

Melania's speech does appear to include three or four sentences that are very similar to Michelle's speech. I'm sure Mrs. Trump read Michelle's speech to prepare for hers, along with other speeches given by first ladies at former RNCs. I doubt Melania copied Michelle Obama on purpose. Nor did these three or four sentences come close to being all of Melania's 10 minute speech as some have claimed. Such hyperbole from disingenuous people, but not surprising.

Melania gave a great speech with grace and poise. She was very impressive last night.

2,464 posts, read 1,287,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Seriously, most speeches made for the same reason are pretty much the same, just like an acceptance speech, a speech talking about a person, etc.

I realize the anti-Trumps are frustrated, envious and feeling hopeless, but taking it out on Melania, it is just silly.

Geesh, if this is all you have..........
Excuses, excuses, excuses. The Trumpettes are just full of excuses. There is a difference from speeches having a similar theme and lifting word for word from someone else's speech. It must be frustrating from the Trump supporters to keep coming up with new excuses for their overlord.

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Seriously, most speeches made for the same reason are pretty much the same, just like an acceptance speech, a speech talking about a person, etc.

I realize the anti-Trumps are frustrated, envious and feeling hopeless, but taking it out on Melania, it is just silly.

This is delicious but since it doesn't interest you, there are plenty of other threads for you to enjoy. If Melania gets Manafort fired and Pence removed from the ticket, does come out publicly and admit she didn't write the speech she took credit for?

Old 07-19-2016, 06:53 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,980,049 times
While I agree that a few sentences were very similar they were also extremely generic. Trust me, Mrs. Obama was not the first to speak such lines and Melania will not be the last.

Old 07-19-2016, 06:54 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Seriously, most speeches made for the same reason are pretty much the same, just like an acceptance speech, a speech talking about a person, etc. For those that went to high school here, remember what you learned about the make-up a speech. It has a certain design and you fill in the blanks. OK, I forgot the schools are failing our youth.

No, it's not all we have. It's just the latest debacle in the ongoing train wreck that is the Trump campaign. But don't worry, there are still three days left for some other Trump inanity to take Lyin' Melania off the front page. I have total faith in the Trump campaign that they can do it.

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Thumbs down Melania Trump Basically Copies a 2008 Michelle Obama Speech at the RNC

Copycat!

She must be a Trump U grad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Melania's speech does appear to include three or four sentences that are very similar to Michelle's speech. I'm sure Mrs. Trump read Michelle's speech to prepare for hers, along with other speeches given by first ladies at former RNCs. I doubt Melania copied Michelle Obama on purpose. Nor did these three or four sentences come close to being all of Melania's 10 minute speech as some have claimed. Such hyperbole from disingenuous people, but not surprising.

Melania gave a great speech with grace and poise. She was very impressive last night.
I find it funny that Trump says he knows the best words and it turns out the best words are Michelle Obama's.

Old 07-19-2016, 06:55 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,439,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
While I agree that a few sentences were very similar they were also extremely generic. Trust me, Mrs. Obama was not the first to speak such lines and Melania will not be the last.
Well said.

You have to be literate to understand that.

But then we have the anti-Trumps here....

Old 07-19-2016, 06:56 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,755,015 times
I was a Trump supporter until I heard about this.

lol 32 pages and counting on this...really?

Old 07-19-2016, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
This is what I'm referring to when all the Dem's have is to attack anything that is good. They can't promote their own candidate. Crooked Hillary's campaign is about trying to keep the attention off of her despicable history of corruption and lies.
What is good? Michelle Obama's speech? Obviously it was so good Melania Trump used it. The Trumps should at least apologize to Michelle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections