Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 06:19 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,043,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
Didn't read the whole thread but a couple of points:

One, does Michelle actually own the words now? Can people not feel the same about points and use the language they like? Haven't we all done that? I sure don't feel guilty, but I am not a victim of the thought police either.

Does anyone think Michelle wrote her own speech? Did anybody read her college term paper ?

They probably had the same speech writers.

The media must be Desperate to go through an entire speech and nitpick like that

Big deal, and time to move on to ACTUAL issues that affect American citizens.
In the grand scheme of things this isn't a very big deal because it was Melania and not Donald who made the speech on stage, BUT just a while ago Trump's campaign manager went on CNN and 100% DENIED there was ANY playgiarism or even ANY similiarity to Michelle's speech which is just plain STUPID.

Now the story will last longer than it should have and its just another stupid thing in the long line of stupid things that Trump has said and/or done that he is now denying or pretending it never happened instead of just admitting that it was a screwup and moving on from it. The GOP LOVE calling Hillary a liar and yet here Trump is right here in the face of 100% irrefutable evidence of side by side video comparison that CLEARLY shows that there is playgiarism and he denies it.

So if you want to call Hillary a liar, how can you NOT call Trump a liar as well for not admitting that playgiarism happened and now instead of acknowledging that it happened and moving on from it he instead doubles down and LIES about it?? I seriously don't know how anyone can support this DOUCHEBAG that refuses to apoligise for anything even when he knows he's in the wrong and all he cares about is saying America is awesome and can do no wrong and that we have the biggest penis that CONSTANTLY needs to be shown to the world and swung around in their faces.

And also you can bet your ass that if someone on the Democrat side did this that it WOULD NOT be forgotten by the GOP and that they would push that story right until the end of the election just like they're doing with the email and the Benghazi stuff now.

Old 07-19-2016, 06:20 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
She isn't running for office and those who are jealous of her are heard crying green with envy.

They are so use to the sugar teat of crooked Hillary soothing their unhinged emotions they can't accept a beautiful, confident, intelligent female. They make demands of others their own insane corrupt leader won't comply with. Crooked Hillary won't even release her speeches to wall St.

7,275 posts, read 5,287,874 times
It's a speech. The media cuts out several segments where the words are practically identical, a few segments in a much larger speech. She isn't on the ticket so I really don't care.

Overall it's fairly simple to compare Trump and Hillary - one smells like a politician and one does not. I'm tired of smear campaigns and rhetoric. IMO this still comes down to a vote for the inside or a vote for the outside. When Trump interviewed Sunday, he really does not sound "presidential", whatever that means. He sounds more human and from the heart versus a robotic politician. That doesn't speak for experience or capabilities, because Hillary may be no more qualified than Trump to run this country.

So get caught up in a speech and let it sway you if you must. Me? These conventions are just marketing leading into the election season.

14,683 posts, read 14,656,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Melania could read me a cook book. She is a good looking woman and her eyes are FIERCE !
Yep, I'd hit it. She has all the qualifications Republicans like in their female politicians and newscasters...a pretty face and an empty head.

Old 07-19-2016, 06:21 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Melania could read me a cook book. She is a good looking woman and her eyes are FIERCE !
I'm sure Michelle Obama can lend Melania some more speeches to read to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
In the grand scheme of things this isn't a very big deal because it was Melania and not Donald who made the speech on stage, BUT just a while ago Trump's campaign manager went on CNN and 100% DENIED there was ANY playgiarism or even ANY similiarity to Michelle's speech which is just plain STUPID.

Now the story will last longer than it should have and its just another stupid thing in the long line of stupid things that Trump has said and/or done that he is now denying or pretending it never happened instead of just admitting that it was a screwup and moving on from it. The GOP LOVE calling Hillary a liar and yet here Trump is right here in the face of 100% irrefutable evidence of side by side video comparison that CLEARLY shows that there is playgiarism and he denies it.

So if you want to call Hillary a liar, how can you NOT call Trump a liar as well for not admitting that playgiarism happened and now instead of acknowledging that it happened and moving on from it he instead doubles down and LIES about it?? I seriously don't know how anyone can support this DOUCHEBAG that refuses to apoligise for anything even when he knows he's in the wrong and all he cares about is saying America is awesome and can do no wrong and that we have the biggest penis that CONSTANTLY needs to be shown to the world and swung around in their faces.

And also you can bet your ass that if someone on the Democrat side did this that it WOULD NOT be forgotten by the GOP and that they would push that story right until the end of the election just like they're doing with the email and the Benghazi stuff now.
Absolutely true. If a Democrat did this, Republicans would need blood pressure medication just to get through the day. We would never hear the end of it.

Old 07-19-2016, 06:22 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,143,192 times
It's a speech - that was plagiarized. The incompetence of the Trump campaign has no limits.

If running his campaign or convention were a test on the Apprentice, the contestant would be fired for running it like Trump and his crew of run his...

1,203 posts, read 1,813,922 times
Stupid, but it changes nothing.

You either support a big government liberal-statist like Hitlery, or you don't. This dumb move by Melania's speechwriters won't have any impact on the election.

14,683 posts, read 14,656,423 times
She's only the potential First Lady so she can lie all she wants. I can think of much bigger fish to fry where the Trumps are concerned.

Old 07-19-2016, 06:24 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
With Manafort throwing Melania under the bus, I suspect he is not going to be running the Campaign much longer. What a cluster f..... errr, shall we say fools.

Old 07-19-2016, 06:25 AM

2,201 posts, read 1,877,101 times
Princes Diana was no match for Melania beloved as she was by all of us. Melania is in a much more
sophisticated league and has yet to show her nurturing of children and the poor. Michelle Obama has
also done much to encourage assistance for underprivileged children, education , diet ( schools are
killing children with cheap garbage food). Melanie will mandate change immediately and kick a lot of
ass. The poor need a philanthropist like her ( millions thus far to poor and will dilute sex trafficking, abuse and again continue Michell's educational push.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections