Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 02:37 AM

1,268 posts, read 798,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
She was very brave to stand up in front of everybody at the convention and spoke with a heavy thick accent.
Especially after stealing the speech of the current First Lady. That takes both guts and stupidity. She seems to have that in spades.

Old 07-19-2016, 02:43 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,769,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
Especially after stealing the speech of the current First Lady. That takes both guts and stupidity. She seems to have that in spades.
Do you work for Hilary? It seems this is your chance to beat an immigrant don't you? Despite what the Democraps say about pro immigration.

Old 07-19-2016, 02:45 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,902,340 times
Couple theories....

#1) Sheer incompetence. There's no way that someone in the campaign didn't realize this was lifted from Michelle O's speech. There's just no way, even if it was just a young inexperienced speechwriter.

#2) Sabotage by a rogue staffer.

#3) Intentional sabotage by Trump himself. This, along with his infinite amount of other scandals and gaffs, fits right in with my theory that I've had all along that Trump's whole presidential campaign from the start was nothing more than a publicity stunt that went awry and accidentally succeeded, and he is now doing everything possible to make sure he loses in Nov.

#4) An intentional albeit misguided attempt to dominate the news cycle tomorrow, believing that no publicity is bad publicity.

Any one of these I believe are EQUALLY plausible. Personally, my money's on #3.

Old 07-19-2016, 02:46 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
In the age of youtube and plagiarism checkers, using Michelle Obama's convention speech from 2008 was very bold.

Old 07-19-2016, 03:25 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,905,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Does anyone think this speech was a form of sabotage by the RNC (and whoever actually wrote it) to try to further discredit and undermine Trump?
A local Fox news anchor here wondered the same thing, so you wouldn't be the only one.

Old 07-19-2016, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
In the age of youtube and plagiarism checkers, using Michelle Obama's convention speech from 2008 was very bold.
I wouldn't doubt for a second that Melania Trump is probably a victim in all of this. Either a victim of her Husband's campaign's sheer incompetence, or a Victim of her husband's will to lose in November. That, or perhaps she is a willing pawn.

Hard to tell. I just feel sorry for her if she was used and embarrassed unknowingly.

Old 07-19-2016, 03:26 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,632,022 times
This convention is a big JOKE. Who's fooling who?

Old 07-19-2016, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam Does anyone think this speech was a form of sabotage by the RNC (and whoever actually wrote it) to try to further discredit and undermine Trump?

No, I think the speech was a form of sabotage by Trump himself, who never really wanted to be President in the first place and is now doing everything possible to derail his campaign and hand the election over to Hillary in the fall so that he can go back to Manhattan where he really wants to be.

Old 07-19-2016, 03:39 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,504,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Couple theories....

#1) Sheer incompetence. There's no way that someone in the campaign didn't realize this was lifted from Michelle O's speech. There's just no way, even if it was just a young inexperienced speechwriter.

#2) Sabotage by a rogue staffer.

#3) Intentional sabotage by Trump himself. This, along with his infinite amount of other scandals and gaffs, fits right in with my theory that I've had all along that Trump's whole presidential campaign from the start was nothing more than a publicity stunt that went awry and accidentally succeeded, and he is now doing everything possible to make sure he loses in Nov.

#4) An intentional albeit misguided attempt to dominate the news cycle tomorrow, believing that no publicity is bad publicity.

Any one of these I believe are EQUALLY plausible. Personally, my money's on #3.
I don't know how it happened but I know it did happen. Good grief, I've been reading posts from people claiming it was just "similar", or my favorite, "she was inspired by Michelle, nothing wrong with that!" In this day and age there is no possible way to get away with plagiarism.

Old 07-19-2016, 03:43 AM

1,268 posts, read 798,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Do you work for Hilary? It seems this is your chance to beat an immigrant don't you? Despite what the Democraps say about pro immigration.
If I find hypocrisy repulsive while Trump's wife gives a speech stolen from a woman you guys have hated for eight years and I must work for Hilary. That is just sad. I also love that I am being lectured by a Trump supporter about "beat an immigrant", and as you dish this perceived high ground you use the term Democrap. Has anyone in the Trump camp ever heard the term IRONY or HYPOCRISY?

No, I don't work for Hilary, and I have no problem with immigrants. I know you want a free pass for the lying con and his traveling carnival show, but no dice. Plagiarism is plagiarism. Lies are lies. Hypocrisy is hypocrisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections