Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 12:05 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,416,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
I'm starting to have second thoughts about this. Perhaps when she told Matt Lauer that she wrote the speech with a little help it's really just 'rich people code' for "I didn't do a flipping thing".

Think about it. It's like a TV commercial when a wealthy woman holds a 100 guest dinner party and gets a compliment for the dessert.

"Melania, this baby seal pudding is fabulous, who made it?"
"I did, with a little help"
*wink* *ding* *smiles - little flash of light from her teeth*

Announcer: "Baby Seal Pudding from Clubbo... Everyone will think you made it yourself"

Yup, the rich are different than us.
She's already lied about her education.

Melania Trump's Claims She Graduated From College Are About As Credible As Her Speech Last Night

There is no way she wrote the speech. It was obviously given to her by a team of amateurs who researched past speeches and stupidly decided to use part of Michelle's.

7,588 posts, read 6,631,916 times
Cripes, if one more ********** has a public orgasm about how "beautiful" Melania Trump is, I think I'm going to throw up. Can we please put a lid on that? In the first place, her looks have no relevance, but even if they did, the woman is far from beautiful. Somewhat attractive, perhaps, but her face looks like it was molded out of plastic. She looks as fake and artificial as everything else about the Trump campaign.

And now watch the **********s come swinging down out of the trees to bark about Hillary's looks...

4,713 posts, read 3,474,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
While I agree that a few sentences were very similar they were also extremely generic. Trust me, Mrs. Obama was not the first to speak such lines and Melania will not be the last.
It was plagiarism on the part of Melania. No getting around it. LOL.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:07 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,474,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I find it funny that Trump says he knows the best words and it turns out the best words are Michelle Obama's.
Michelle has the best words. They are so good that others copy them.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:07 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Cripes, if one more ********** has a public orgasm about how "beautiful" Melania Trump is, I think I'm going to throw up. Can we please put a lid on that? In the first place, her looks have no relevance, but even if they did, the woman is far from beautiful. Somewhat attractive, perhaps, but her face looks like it was molded out of plastic. She looks as fake and artifical as everything else about the Trump campaign.

And now watch the **********s come swinging down out of the trees to bark about Hillary's looks...

This ^^^

Old 07-19-2016, 12:08 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,700,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Martin Luther King Jr didn't run for president. Plagiarism seems to be a pattern with Donald Trump. He had to know and if he didn't, how can we trust someone leading our nation when he doesn't even know what's going on in his campaign?
Then how do you trust Obama? I recall hearing him blame things on staff, or not know what is going on.

13,711 posts, read 9,237,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Keep it up. I'm rooting for you to keep going at it along with the media. Lovely.
This is what someone who has completely lost the argument would say as a feeble comeback.

19,643 posts, read 12,235,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
Yeah, yeah, yeah...But TODAY, it is Melania's turn!

Some of us just want the campaign to admit it is what it is, someone messed up, and that's all. It doesn't have to be a big deal, some speech writer from "the team" that helped Melania took those lines, they are not working with that writer anymore and that's it. Even if they have to stretch the truth about who did it and how, don't play people for fools that it isn't what it clearly is. Blaming Hillary looks utterly crazy even to those of us who cannot stand Hillary. It makes HER seem more sympathetic to drag her into this.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:10 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,416,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Some of us just want the campaign to admit it is what it is, someone messed up, and that's all. It doesn't have to be a big deal, some speech writer from "the team" that helped Melania took those lines, they are not working with that writer anymore and that's it. Even if they have to stretch the truth about who did it and how, don't play people for fools that it isn't what it clearly is. Blaming Hillary looks utterly crazy even to those of us who cannot stand Hillary. It makes HER seem more sympathetic to drag her into this.
That would go against their consistent strategy they've run the whole campaign: when caught in a lie, ALWAYS double down on the lie.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:13 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,700,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
It speaks volumes about Faux news. They won't speak against a Republican. The people on Faux are nothing but news readers and they had better not go off script. Just like the rest of the Republicans that have shows on Faux. Nothing but cheerleaders.....
As if the other networks don't do that too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections