Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 04:37 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times

Advertisements

To be fair, they're not voting for his wife.

Old 07-19-2016, 04:40 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,439,336 times
Who the hell cares?

Michelle probably copied her speech from someone else. Or had it ghost written for her.

Old 07-19-2016, 04:40 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Couple theories....

#1) Sheer incompetence. There's no way that someone in the campaign didn't realize this was lifted from Michelle O's speech. There's just no way, even if it was just a young inexperienced speechwriter.

#2) Sabotage by a rogue staffer.

#3) Intentional sabotage by Trump himself. This, along with his infinite amount of other scandals and gaffs, fits right in with my theory that I've had all along that Trump's whole presidential campaign from the start was nothing more than a publicity stunt that went awry and accidentally succeeded, and he is now doing everything possible to make sure he loses in Nov.

#4) An intentional albeit misguided attempt to dominate the news cycle tomorrow, believing that no publicity is bad publicity.

Any one of these I believe are EQUALLY plausible. Personally, my money's on #3.
I'm with you on this one. My theory is that he was a Clinton plant and, much like Frankenstein's monster, has taken on a life of its own. Now, even blatant suicide attempts don't even work to kill it.

Old 07-19-2016, 04:42 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Who the hell cares?

Michelle probably copied her speech from someone else. Or had it ghost written for her.
Yeah, but everyone expects you to get your own, semi-competent ghost writer.

Old 07-19-2016, 04:42 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,930,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I don't know how it happened but I know it did happen. Good grief, I've been reading posts from people claiming it was just "similar", or my favorite, "she was inspired by Michelle, nothing wrong with that!" In this day and age there is no possible way to get away with plagiarism.
Gotta understand that the brainwashed Trump electorate will ignore any appeals to logic or critical thinking. This is the culmination of Limbaugh's great dream; to be able to say or do anything no matter how illegitimate or outrageous or illogical and have people believe it unquestioningly. And thus it will be with this plagiarized speech. When you are intent on the election of a demagogue, this is just a tiny bump on the road. Facts do NOT matter.

Old 07-19-2016, 04:44 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times
MAnnafort denies it was plagiarized.

Old 07-19-2016, 04:44 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Who the hell cares?

If they're going to steal a speech, why wouldn't Trump steal a Republican speech? After eight years of vilifying President Obama, to choose Michelle Obama's speech to copy is beyond comprehension.

Old 07-19-2016, 04:45 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,439,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Yeah, but everyone expects you to get your own, semi-competent ghost writer.
Trump is a businessman who makes money by saving money.

Might as well use the same semi-competent ghostwriter for both speeches and not have to pay him/her the second time.

Is this all you anti-Trumps have?

Old 07-19-2016, 04:47 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
And the audacity to ensconce the mistress (Marla) nearby the family during their Aspen Christmas vacation - clearly wanting to openly humiliate Ivana and destroy the marriage. You can't make this stuff up.
When the Trump family tolerates a lover ensconced in the oval office, let us know. Talk about a wrecked marriage...Oh, never mind. Nothing about the Clintons is a real marriage, and everybody knows it.

And to the flapping jaws with nothing better to do, nothing was plagiarized. Who amongst us hasn't said the same words? I realize the concept for actually working hard is foreign for much of today's population, but in my young days, as well as the days of my parents, working hard to achieve one's goals was normal. Too bad some people think Moochelle invented it. I suppose it is NEW to many folks!

Those who think Moochelle invented the concept are telling us far more about themselves than they probably want us to know, and it's not pretty! Entitlement people are like that, doncha know...

Last edited by MyNameIsBellaMia; 07-19-2016 at 05:03 AM..

Old 07-19-2016, 04:48 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Trump is a businessman who makes money by saving money.

Might as well use the same semi-competent ghostwriter for both speeches and not have to pay him/her the second time.

Is this all you anti-Trumps have?
Silly but if that was the case, why would you put Melania on camera claiming to have written the speech herself? It would only serve to humiliate her when everyone recognizes the same speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections