Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 02:16 PM

26,508 posts, read 15,088,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Deflection Alert!! Deflection Alert!!
No, I hit the nail on the head.

A hypocrite posting that Trump voters should abandon ship because she copied and then lied about it...will vote for Hillary who lied about the email scandal and then lied about lying. Nail hit perfectly on the head.

I admit that Trump is also a corrupt liar.

But I hit the nail on that liberal poster's hypocrisy.

If you can't see that then you aren't thinking due to partisan rancor.

Old 07-19-2016, 02:17 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You WERE a librarian????

Plagiarism is not about words or phrases. It's about the ideas those words and phrases convey.

READ.

READ.

READ.

READ the paragraph from Mrs Trump's speech, and the paragraph from First Lady Obama's speech.

They are almost verbatim. They are a clear example of plagiarism.

Anyone who does not see the plagiarism is blinded by their own partisanship.
I have no way of know what you are talking about without you typing exactly what it is because the only thing I have seen is something thousands of people could have said their parents taught them. I have seen or heard nothing that was word for word. I have no intention of looking or listening to anything Michelle Obama has said. Give me word for word quotes or shut up about it.

The only thing I have seen on here is a lot of people trying to discredit a good speech done by a very loving, caring person. I think you should all be ashamed of yourselves for you lack of values.

Old 07-19-2016, 02:18 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
I wonder how long it will take for the Republicans to launch an investigation into how Michelle Obama plagiarized Melanie Trump? Trey Gowdy has nothing better to do these days, does he? This sounds right up his alley.

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
They will "claim" that Obama's comments were "taken out of context"
They are going to claim that Patrick gave him permission to use his words, but I find that hokey. Obama didn't accredit the words to him, but AFTER the hoopla over this back then Patrick came out and said he gave him permission. I don't know If I believe that, I believe Patrick was covering for him. There are other speeches that Obama and other Dems have made that plagiarized others too though. All in all, all these speeches are just the same old rah-rah recycled over and over again anyway. Not a big deal IMO.

2,222 posts, read 10,651,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Uh, no.

Trump far outweighs Clinton in terms of spoken words being false.

Donald Trump's file | PolitiFact

Hillary Clinton's file | PolitiFact

"Who's Checking the Fact Checkers?"

Study Finds Fact Checkers Biased Against Republicans | US News Opinion

Old 07-19-2016, 02:21 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,059,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I have no way of know what you are talking about without you typing exactly what it is because the only thing I have seen is something thousands of people could have said their parents taught them. I have seen or heard nothing that was word for word. I have no intention of looking or listening to anything Michelle Obama has said. Give me word for word quotes or shut up about it.
so if you wont look at what Michelle Obama said how can you do a comparison?

anyway, it's all been cleared up, she was plagiarizing My Little Pony

Old 07-19-2016, 02:22 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
And you are fine with Hillary mishandling the email scandal with lie after lie - and you will vote for Hillary anyways.......

...but Trump voters should vote the other way, because Melania mishandled this.

To see a hypocrite look in the mirror.
Trump voters should vote for whomever they support the most. I've never said otherwise.

I also never said Mrs Trump mishandled this. I said the Trump campaign mishandled it. And they have. They've grossly mishandled it. Which in my opinion draws into question the way the Trump campaign has handled, or mishandled, other issues that have come up. I find Trump calling his opponents names, attacking wives and fathers, and finger-pointing to be indicative of his problem-solving skills.

I don't think that Hillary mishandled the e-mail scandal. I think she mishandled the e-mail. And she has said she was wrong and has apologized. To date, there is not concrete evidence that her e-mail was hacked. And there is concrete evidence that government servers have been hacked. So while Hillary's private e-mail server may have been a needless risk, her actions didn't rise to the level of criminality (the conclusion that the FBI arrived at as well), and as far as we know, security wasn't compromised. So yes, I will be voting for Hillary in the fall. That doesn't mean that I agree with every position she's taken, or that I approve of every action she's ever taken. It does mean that in weighing her record overall, and looking at Trump's non-existent political record, his never-to-be-released tax returns, his documented lies during this campaign, and his childish and erratic behavior, that I think Hillary would be the better President.

I understand that you disagree with me. That doesn't make me wrong.

Old 07-19-2016, 02:23 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,842,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^^^^All true but it won't matter to the anti-Trumps because when democrats do this, it's different
Wrong. I pointed those issues out when Obama was running. Never voted for Obama or Biden. I will never vote for Trump.

There are actually people out here that hold PEOPLE to the same standard regardless of their PARTY.

Try it. It feels really good!

Old 07-19-2016, 02:24 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
No, I hit the nail on the head.

A hypocrite posting that Trump voters should abandon ship because she copied and then lied about it...will vote for Hillary who lied about the email scandal and then lied about lying. Nail hit perfectly on the head.

I admit that Trump is also a corrupt liar.

But I hit the nail on that liberal poster's hypocrisy.

If you can't see that then you aren't thinking due to partisan rancor.
Actually, you didn't hit any nail on the head.

But I understand, you're blinded by your own partisan rancor.

Old 07-19-2016, 02:24 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,842,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
They are going to claim that Patrick gave him permission to use his words, but I find that hokey. Obama didn't accredit the words to him, but AFTER the hoopla over this back then Patrick came out and said he gave him permission. I don't know If I believe that, I believe Patrick was covering for him. There are other speeches that Obama and other Dems have made that plagiarized others too though. All in all, all these speeches are just the same old rah-rah recycled over and over again anyway. Not a big deal IMO.
Scumbags stick together when they have the same goal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections