Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2016, 10:10 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
And to the point of this thread: are you really tired of Pat Smith and what she has to say? Are you sure her son wouldn't want to be "used this way" either?
Pat Smith didn't act like the Constitution was her Holy Book!

Pat Smith asked to meet with Hillary and Hillary would not meet her. This is why Smith is angry, but Hillary meet with the Khan family, why did she do this? The Khans are blaming Trump who was against the war and was NOT in office, why isn't he addressing Hillary who supported the war the President Bush started?

How about blaming radical Muslims (if this is true) for the death of their son and NOT Trump!

Old 08-04-2016, 10:23 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,227,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
I will not do your research pal. As is you leftist are lazy, I will not entertain you nor do I need your rep. I owe you nothing. Remember my words carefully. When the time comes and you are on your knees begging your Muslim overlord for mercy "but I was a good liberal, I defended Islam", realize what a clueless pawn you were.

Save your BS for someone who gives a damn, I see right through you.
I read on Twitter that Patricia Smith was Sean Smith's stepmother, not his biological mother, and he was estranged from her. Making all of this spectacle by her total BS. And she was not listed as his next of kin, his wife was, and the wife didn't want Patricia involved given the estrangement with Sean.

And obviously, I am allowed to just repeat what I read and everyone has to presume it's correct, and now it's up to you to disprove it.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:24 AM

3,875 posts, read 4,702,009 times
Default Conservatives..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
And to the point of this thread: are you really tired of Pat Smith and what she has to say? Are you sure her son wouldn't want to be "used this way" either?
Thank you for that & for pointing out what should have been patently obvious when that other member posted their remark.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:46 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,201,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
There's no disrespect. It's not about them. It's about reality and the need to insure that we don't recklessly allow into the country people whose aim is to kill Americans.

Did you miss this, or ignore it:

“There are also classified reports that detail the national security, fraud and abuse. Our committee has received numerous briefings and classified documents to show this side of the story,” Grassley said in the early February 2016 statement. “The enforcement arm of the Department of Homeland Security wrote an internal memo that raises significant concerns about the program. One section of the memo outlines concerns that it could be used by Iranian operatives to infiltrate the United States. The memo identifies seven main areas of program vulnerability, including the export of sensitive technology, economic espionage, use by foreign government agents and terrorists, investment fraud, illicit finance and money laundering.”

The Government Accountability Office, the media, industry experts, members of congress, and federal agency officials, have concurred that the program is a serious problem with serious vulnerabilities.

It's a different world now than when he came to this country.
You are changing the subject. Trump attacked a Gold Star mother who said nothing. The various things you mention are policy matters that are perfectly valid to discuss, but probably in another thread.

The Khans lost a son who sacrificed his life for his fellow soldiers and for all Americans. It is definitely about them. The VFW, with over 1.5 million members, strongly criticized Donald Trump.

They are a highly respected military organization and they know who it is about.

Did you miss their statement or ignore it? Here it is:

"Election year or not, the VFW will not tolerate anyone berating a Gold Star family member for exercising his or her right of speech or expression. There are certain sacrosanct subjects that no amount of wordsmithing can repair once crossed. Giving one's life to nation is the greatest sacrifice. followed closely by all Gold Star families, who have a right to make their voices heard."

I agree with the VFW 100%. Please reconsider your views on this matter. Donald Trump was wrong and he should own up and admit it instead of saying he has "no regrets". That in itself is additional disrespect towards the Khans and all Gold Star parents. Real leaders own up when they are wrong. Most Americans and even many Republicans have disagreed with him. In the most recent poll, 69% of Americans thought his comments were out of bounds.

Last edited by chessgeek; 08-04-2016 at 11:03 AM..

Old 08-04-2016, 11:01 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,201,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
How telling it is that these dim-wit liberals suddenly care about the military. I doubt 90% of liberals never even knew what a gold star family was until this farce. Hillary and Obama treat military officers and soldiers like their own personal servants. Their fake outrage over Capt Khan just shows the absolute disdain and disgust they have for the fine men and women serving in the armed forces
Donald Trump was the person showing disdain and disrespect for two Gold Star parents. Please call a spade a spade. Deflecting the issue away from Trump towards two politicians you don't like does not help your argument IMO.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:02 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,800,783 times
Trump didn't attack her. He said exactly what others were thinking about why she said nothing too. I've even read a comment in this thread where someone was wondering why she didn't say anything also.

In the end, this thread is going to keep going around in circles.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:29 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

The Khans are blaming Trump who was against the war and was NOT in office, why isn't he addressing Hillary who supported the war the President Bush started?

For god's sake!!! The Khans DID NOT BLAME TRUMP FOR THEIR SON'S DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How long does it take to get through?????

I bet you didn't even HEAR what he said, did you???????????????

Old 08-04-2016, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Do all you Trump supporters bringing up Hillary being responsible for Khan's son's death (even though that's wasn't the point of his message) not realize who his VP is? Mike Pence??

Or all of you going to be "conveniently silent" about that, too?

Donald Trump has dismissed Mike Pence's support for the Iraq war, saying his vice presidential pick was "entitled to make a mistake every once in a while."
Trump says he 'doesn't care' Pence supported Iraq War, but Clinton not entitled to same mistake

Hillary continued to take us into Libya, Syria and supports Iran having nukes.......big difference if you ask me! Hillary also blames Israel and welcomes Islam.

Hillary and the Muslims vs Hillary and the Jews

Old 08-04-2016, 11:30 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,704,460 times
^^^ This!
Looks like people just don't read carefully, don't listen, or don't comprehend. Trump did not "attack" anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
What a silly post! Do you think the military is 100% conservative or republican???

My father received a Purple Heart in WW2 (among other medals). He was one of only a few survivors of the troop transport that was torpedoed and sunk by a U-boat on Christmas Eve (SS Leopoldville).

My brother served two tours of duty in Vietnam; he ENLISTED in the army. Another brother served in the Navy.

How arrogant of you to call them dim-witted. Your ignorance is showing.
So, this how it happens. Now you will be calling this an attack on your military relatives? Or, on ALL veterans??

It's the run-of-the-mill liberal that is dim-witted. You know, the ones that follow the MSM mantras and don't think for themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
You are changing the subject. Trump attacked a Gold Star mother who said nothing. The various things you mention are policy matters that are perfectly valid to discuss, but probably in another thread.

The Khans lost a son who sacrificed his life for his fellow soldiers and for all Americans. It is definitely about them. The VFW, with over 1.5 million members, strongly criticized Donald Trump.

They are a highly respected military organization and they know who it is about.

Did you miss their statement or ignore it? Here it is:

"Election year or not, the VFW will not tolerate anyone berating a Gold Star family member for exercising his or her right of speech or expression. There are certain sacrosanct subjects that no amount of wordsmithing can repair once crossed. Giving one's life to nation is the greatest sacrifice. followed closely by all Gold Star families, who have a right to make their voices heard."

I agree with the VFW 100%. Please reconsider your views on this matter. Donald Trump was wrong and he should own up and admit it instead of saying he has "no regrets". That in itself is additional disrespect towards the Khans and all Gold Star parents. Real leaders own up when they are wrong. Most Americans and even many Republicans have disagreed with him. In the most recent poll, 69% of Americans thought his comments were out of bounds.
Again, there was NO attack. And it was not about their son. Do liberals not get it, or choose to not get it?
There was no berating done. Those who keep repeating that should provide the proof. That "most Americans" (you know most?) or that "many Republicans" have disagreed carries no weight when those politicians who disagree are afraid to admit that he really said nothing wrong. They don't want to land on the wrong side of 'popular opinion' which itself is wrong.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
For god's sake!!! The Khans DID NOT BLAME TRUMP FOR THEIR SON'S DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How long does it take to get through?????

I bet you didn't even HEAR what he said, did you???????????????
Yeah, I heard he reads the American Constitution, the joke is on you.

Anyone needing to use this many question marks and exclamation marks is not worthy of a response!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections