Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2016, 06:12 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Now--as of this morning--he's saying he meant it as sarcasm. You can't make up this crap.
What reasonable person would have thought he meant anything other than that The President's actions led to the rise of ISIS? Of course he was being sarcastic when he claimed President Obama was the founder.

Old 08-12-2016, 06:32 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova
Yes, there were thousands celebrating 911.. easy... they were dancing in the streets that Americans died. They loved it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle86 View Post
I saw it live on 9/11. Those who say it didn't happen are most likely too young to even remember it is my guess.
You seem to remember things that never happened.

This got a "Pants on Fire" from Politifact.
Fact-checking Trump's claim that thousands in New Jersey cheered when World Trade Center tumbled | PolitiFact

Old 08-12-2016, 06:35 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Yes, there were thousands celebrating 911.. easy... they were dancing in the streets that Americans died. They loved it.

Not in the streets of Jersey City there weren't!

You know, where he alleged he saw them?

Donny is plainly and simply a LIAR who will stop at no lower limit in lame attempts to crank up the base with his fear/hate mongering BS. Yet as any good con-man does he gets people to believe his BS and take it as gospel.

Old 08-12-2016, 06:37 AM

13,692 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
What reasonable person would have thought he meant anything other than that The President's actions led to the rise of ISIS? Of course he was being sarcastic when he claimed President Obama was the founder.
No doubt it was addressed earlier in this thread, but Donald John Trump afterwards went onto a radio show hosted by some conservative host by the name of Hewitt. Mr. Hewitt obligingly gave Mr. Trump a way out or to backpeddle, by saying something like "You mean he (Obama) created a vacuum, he lost the peace.....".

Trump stopped him cold: "No, I meant he (Obama) is the founder of ISIS".

Donald Trump: I meant that Obama founded ISIS, literally - CNNPolitics.com

I listened to the recording of the interview. Mr. Trump was not being sarcastic, but meant every word of what he said.

I mean, how many times must Mr. Trump say "Obama founded ISIS" before his supporters will take him at his word? I resent people calling Mr. Trump a liar, and yapping how 'He didn't mean that". Mr. Trump was crystal clear in his meaning, and to this very minute he has not 'explained away' his comment that President Obama is akin to George Washington (the 'founder of our country') in being the 'founder' of ISIS.

Now, perhaps Mr. Trump, whom appears to have a surprisingly limited vocabulary, does not understand the definition of the word 'founded'. Perhaps Mr. Trump thinks the word means 'destroyer'.

Yes, that must be it. Mr. Trump was saying "Obama is the destroyer of ISIS".

That makes sense.

Old 08-12-2016, 06:38 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,059,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Not in the streets of Jersey City there weren't!

You know, where he alleged he saw them?

Donny is plainly and simply a LIAR who will stop at no lower limit in lame attempts to crank up the base with his fear/hate mongering BS. Yet as any good con-man does he gets people to believe his BS and take it as gospel.
No, you don't get it, the poster was BEING SARCASTIC
You're just like those poor, pathetic people (pundits) on television that don't get it

( to paraphrase Trump and his tweets)

Old 08-12-2016, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
No, you don't get it, the poster was BEING SARCASTIC
You're just like those poor, pathetic people (pundits) on television that don't get it

( to paraphrase Trump and his tweets)

WHAT part of "Yes, there were thousands celebrating 911.. easy... they were dancing in the streets that Americans died. They loved it.", the post I responded to is sarcasm?

I think the one who doesn't 'get it' here ain't me.

BTW, doesn't have a damn thing to do with Donny's asinine tweets, he said he saw "thousands and thousands" celebrating the 9/11 attacks in the streets of Jersey City.

HOGWASH! He's nothing but a lowlife carnival huckster attempting to crank people up with his fear-mongering lies.

Enjoy the Kool-Aid, I never liked the stuff.

Old 08-12-2016, 06:51 AM

1,268 posts, read 798,453 times
He was just being sarcastic. Once again, his supporters got it wrong. He corrected them. If you look at the posts in this thread Trump just called most of you stupid. Was he right? I don't know, but how do you support someone even you don't "understand"? This is the same with thing in the Melania speech. Posts were proclaiming it wasn't copied with long detailed explanations about how everyone saying it was didn't have a clue. After the storm, they admit it was plagiarized. You all look like idiots.

Trump is lying. It is obvious. You guys scramble to cover for every lie he tells and interpret his true "meaning". He turns around and calls you stupid for not understanding, and you line up for the exact same treatment the next day. Can one Trump supporter sincerely answer these questions: Do you want a leader that you don't even understand representing our country to foreign powers? Can you honestly proclaim that will make our nation safe?

Old 08-12-2016, 06:52 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,059,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
WHAT part of "Yes, there were thousands celebrating 911.. easy... they were dancing in the streets that Americans died. They loved it.", the post I responded to is sarcasm?

I think the one who doesn't 'get it' here ain't me.

BTW, doesn't have a damn thing to do with Donny's asinine tweets, he said he saw "thousands and thousands" celebrating the 9/11 attacks in the streets of Jersey City.

HOGWASH! He's nothing but a lowlife carnival huckster attempting to crank people up with his fear-mongering lies.

Enjoy the Kool-Aid, I never liked the stuff.
Sorry, my reply wasn't serious, I was replying in the style of Donny where this morning he is tweeting that his comments were just Sarcasm and that the pundits don't get it.

Old 08-12-2016, 06:53 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
He clarified he meant Obama is the founder of ISIS.

And his supporters did their best to support the claim.

Then he said he was only kidding, leaving his supporters looking like idiots.

Old 08-12-2016, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
Sorry, my reply wasn't serious, I was replying in the style of Donny where this morning he is tweeting that his comments were just Sarcasm and that the pundits don't get it.
I've been having a good morning, I've managed to avoid hearing any of his back-pedaling BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections