Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2016, 09:38 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times

Advertisements

OK. Never mind all this. It was sarcasm.

Old 08-12-2016, 09:39 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Because, it is absolutely insane the lengths the Media will go to, to incriminate him or anyone else who talks against them....he probably wanted to see how long they would play it out, he doesn't owe you or me or anyone else an explaination....he doesn't have to defend anything he says, b/c you know whatever it is he says, is going to be blown way out of porportion....

what, do we need the media to tell us how to think and what to believe any more....

I was thinking that the other morning, when hearing them report something that as initially like they were talking to children...and I forget what the issue was....something non important, had nothing to do with Politics, but I just shook my head, thinking, My God, people are actually buying this, and actually allowing the media to tell them how to think and what to believe anymore.

Sorry Jams, I can't do this any longer, it's really sad...and actually had got me very upset.

Thanks for the discussion though..and for your patience,and that is not sarcasim.

Sorry I can't spell....
Words matter, Creme. When a president speaks the whole world listens. Markets rise and fall on what he/she says, missiles get loaded, countries get put on high alert, etc., etc. We can't have a man in the White House who has PMS every other day, who says outrageous things then claims it was joke the next or who buys into conspiracy theories so deeply that he's quoting Russian conspiracy theories as if they are proven fact. This whole ISIS founder line originated straight out of Russia. Doesn't that bother you even a little, make you wonder whose side Trump is really working for?

Old 08-12-2016, 09:41 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Words matter, Creme. When a president speaks the whole world listens. Markets rise and fall on what he/she says, missiles get loaded, countries get put on high alert, etc., etc. We can't have a man in the White House who has PMS every other day, who says outrageous things then claims it was joke the next or who buys into conspiracy theories so deeply that he's quoting Russian conspiracy theories as if they are proven fact. This whole ISIS founder line originated straight out of Russia. Doesn't that bother you even a little, make you wonder whose side Trump is really working for?
Exactly. The man child has absolutely no filter & people want someone that immature as president? Seriously? Can you even IMAGINE the hysteria that would ensue if Obama said even a third of the crap that has flown out of that man child's mouth?? The man child is totally unfit for anything other than reality tv.

Old 08-12-2016, 09:42 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,473,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He flip-flopped on that comment back as well. Says he was just kidding. His supporters didn't think he was kidding, and went through all the trouble trying to support the idea.

It must suck supporting Trump, because he says these things, and everyone bends over backwards trying to support and justify his words, and then Trump says he was only kidding. It leaves his supporters looking like idiots.
Look like?! LOL

Old 08-12-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
What reasonable person would have thought he meant anything other than that The President's actions led to the rise of ISIS? Of course he was being sarcastic when he claimed President Obama was the founder.
Flip, flop, flop, flop, flip, flop...

Old 08-12-2016, 09:45 AM

1,050 posts, read 505,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
The president was clearly the creator of Isis with his geopolitical decisions. Founder no
Go ahead, rewrite history. Sheesh.

Al Qaeda was small and weak (though committing horrendous crimes) when GWBush took office. Then he invaded Iraq on a lie. Al Qaeda gained support, naturally, and a highly radicalized splinter group broke away and formed what is now ISIS.

So Obama didn't create ISIS. Bush did with corrupt policies. (I am not saying there were no corrupt policies prior to GWB. Quite the contrary. But his invasion of Iraq was the key to ISIS.)

Old 08-12-2016, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
What reasonable person would have thought he meant anything other than that The President's actions led to the rise of ISIS? Of course he was being sarcastic when he claimed President Obama was the founder.
Definition of SARCASM:

"the use of words that mean the opposite of what you really want to say especially in order to insult someone, to show irritation, or to be funny"

So, umm, No. Not what he did. Next?!

Old 08-12-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
He was just being sarcastic. Once again, his supporters got it wrong. He corrected them. If you look at the posts in this thread Trump just called most of you stupid. Was he right? I don't know, but how do you support someone even you don't "understand"? This is the same with thing in the Melania speech. Posts were proclaiming it wasn't copied with long detailed explanations about how everyone saying it was didn't have a clue. After the storm, they admit it was plagiarized. You all look like idiots.

Trump is lying. It is obvious. You guys scramble to cover for every lie he tells and interpret his true "meaning". He turns around and calls you stupid for not understanding, and you line up for the exact same treatment the next day. Can one Trump supporter sincerely answer these questions: Do you want a leader that you don't even understand representing our country to foreign powers? Can you honestly proclaim that will make our nation safe?
^This!

Old 08-12-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He clarified he meant Obama is the founder of ISIS.

And his supporters did their best to support the claim.

Then he said he was only kidding, leaving his supporters looking like idiots.
Like idiots!

Old 08-12-2016, 09:53 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
http://twitter.com/CraigRozniecki/st...27317123801092
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections