Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2016, 07:01 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,060,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He clarified he meant Obama is the founder of ISIS.

And his supporters did their best to support the claim.

Then he said he was only kidding, leaving his supporters looking like idiots.
Do you think he meant Obama was there in some smoke filled back room in the middle east whenever ISIS was actually founded? Of course he didn't.
He meant the President's actions led to ISIS becoming the prominent terrorist group it is.

Were there actually posts here from anyone claiming the President was actually the literal founder?

Old 08-12-2016, 07:06 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He clarified he meant Obama is the founder of ISIS.

And his supporters did their best to support the claim.

Then he said he was only kidding, leaving his supporters looking like idiots.

I literally just saw that on the news, that Donald John Trump 'tweeted' that he was being sarcastic.

It makes you wonder two things:

1. Why did he not say that he was being sarcastic to Mr. Hewitt on his radio show? Why repeat to Mr. Hewitt that he literally 'meant' that President Obama is the 'founder' of ISiS? Will Mr. Hewitt (a conservative radio host, I am led to believe) ever have Mr. Trump back on his show?

2. Does Mr. Trump know the meaning of 'sarcasm'?

I had previously opined that he, perhaps, did not know the meaning of 'founder'. Now, he claims he was being 'sarcastic', which would, as per the definition of the word, mean that he actually meant that 'of course, Mr. Obama had nothing to do with the founding of ISIS or its rise to power'.

I agree with Finn_Jarber: Mr. Trump is having fun with his core supporters. He says something, and they leap to his defense. Indeed, they defend him to an almost lunatic extent. Then, Mr. Trump says "I was kidding" or "I was being sarcastic", which indeed makes his defenders look like fools.

Thankfully, God in His Wisdom has given the Fools of this Earth an unlimited capacity to 'fool themselves' into thinking that they are not fools, but very wise and unable to be tricked by any means. If a person realized that they were being 'fools', then they would not be, by definition, fools.

As Benjamin Franklin said: Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Old 08-12-2016, 07:07 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
What reasonable person would have thought he meant anything other than that The President's actions led to the rise of ISIS? Of course he was being sarcastic when he claimed President Obama was the founder.
Its a game Trump plays,come out with asinine statements then when called on it say he was just kidding or being sarcastic.
The guy is just too juvenile and unpredictable to be seriously considered as the ruler of the free world.
I dont trust his character to be responsible enough to be in charge of the future of the human race,the guy comes across as a psychotic madman =
http://static1.crated.com/EdHisQ_HN7...13bcf1/960.jpg

Old 08-12-2016, 07:12 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Its a game Trump plays,come out with asinine statements then when called on it say he was just kidding or being sarcastic.
The guy is just too juvenile and unpredictable to be seriously considered as the ruler of the free world.
I dont trust his character to be responsible enough to be in charge of the future of the human race,the guy comes across as a psychotic madman =

Maybe if we take up a collection, buy him a trophy proclaiming him 'Fooler of the Free World', he'll go away and take that thing on his head with him?

Old 08-12-2016, 07:14 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post

Indeed, some of the more thoughtful Trump supporters (sarcasm!) should be wondering, by now, if Mr. Trump has been 'sarcastic' all along.

"I will build a wall along the border and make Mexico pay for it!"

Ah, now I understand. He was, no doubt, being 'sarcastic'. He did not mean it. Given his recent history, it is a logical conclusion.

Old 08-12-2016, 07:26 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Do you think he meant Obama was there in some smoke filled back room in the middle east whenever ISIS was actually founded? Of course he didn't.
He meant the President's actions led to ISIS becoming the prominent terrorist group it is.

Were there actually posts here from anyone claiming the President was actually the literal founder?
First of all, evidently it was all some bizarre joke. At least that's what Trump is saying this morning, that he was being sarcastic, for two days and more than a dozen times.

But you should be aware that he was given the opportunity to say that the President's actions led to ISIS, Hugh Hewitt actually put the words right out there, Trump said “No, I meant he’s the founder of ISIS. I do,I don’t care. He was the founder.”

Old 08-12-2016, 07:40 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
"Mr. Trump, You meant that [Obama] created the vacuum. He lost the peace."

"No, I meant that he's the founder of ISIS."

Given a second chance to clarify, Trump responded with, "No, it's not a mistake. He was the founder of ISIS."

Given a third chance to clarify, Trump responded with, "I don't care, he was the founder. The way he got us out of Iraq, that was the founding of ISIS, okay?"

Given a fourth chance to clarify, Trump responded with, "I meant it literally, founder."

Today, after creating a 24 hour storm of reaction and condemnation he then claims--"I was being sarcastic."*** "I love watching these poor, pathetic people (pundits) on television working so hard and so seriously to try and figure me out. They can't!"

Now tell me, cult, if even you don't know when he's being sarcastic, if even you can't "figure him out"--and that's apparent from the vehement backing up of those assertions in this very thread--how will the rest of the world--enemies and allies alike--be able to figure it out?

***(He wasn't being sarcastic, he was being idiotic. In other words, Trump was just being Trump.)
He was being spoon fed the "right" answer and still kept saying founded. Multiple times.

So he was either genuinely uninformed and thought he was correct.

Or he thinks it's fun to troll America and it was all about publicity because Donnie thinks it doesn't matter what they are saying as long as they are talking about you.

These are the only two possibilities and both prove he is intellectually and/or temperamentally unfit to be President.

Old 08-12-2016, 07:51 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
Trumpettes are getting whiplash keeping up with Trump's PMS.It must be very hard to have your brains twisted like that trying to keep up with defending him. For several days he says something shocking to dominate the media cycle then he says he was joking or that he didn't mean that which, of course, grabs the media cycle again. The man is playing this fan base and they have no reason to believe a word that comes out of his lying mouth. Is this really the way Trumpettes want to spend the next four years?

Old 08-12-2016, 07:54 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Indeed, some of the more thoughtful Trump supporters (sarcasm!) should be wondering, by now, if Mr. Trump has been 'sarcastic' all along. ...

Ah, now I understand. He was, no doubt, being 'sarcastic'. He did not mean it. Given his recent history, it is a logical conclusion.

So it was sarcasm all along? Well, who knew?

Makes sense.

Sarcasm: "the use of irony to mock or convey contempt."
https://www.google.com/?client=safar...asm+definition

"remarks that mean the opposite of what they say, made to criticize..."
sarcasm Definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary

"A cutting, often ironic remark intended to express contempt or ridicule."
Sarcasm dictionary definition | sarcasm defined

Logical conclusion.

Love it. Absolutely love it.

Old 08-12-2016, 07:56 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,819,312 times
First, Trump calls Obama the founder of ISIS.

Trump Attacks Obama As 'The Founder Of ISIS' : NPR

Then he doubles, triples, and quadruples down on it, insisting that he meant it.

Quote:
The Republican presidential candidate was speaking to conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt, who had attempted to reframe his remark, telling him: “I know what you meant – you meant that he created the vacuum, he lost the peace.”

But Trump disagreed. “No, I meant that he’s the founder of Isis, I do,” he said. “He was the most valuable player – I gave him the most valuable player award. I give her too, by the way,” he added of his Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton.
Donald Trump: I meant that Obama founded ISIS, literally - CNNPolitics.com

And now he blames the media for missing his 'sarcasm'.

Quote:
Trump tweeted Friday morning that the media was missing his sarcasm.

"Ratings challenged @CNN reports so seriously that I call President Obama (and Clinton) "the founder" of ISIS, & MVP. THEY DON'T GET SARCASM?" Trump wrote.
Donald Trump tries to walk back Obama founding ISIS comments: 'Sarcasm' - CNNPolitics.com

1) He could say anything and the Trumplings would believe him. He could claim that Obama had used voodoo mind control to make him say those things, then he could deny he ever said that, and the Trumplings would swallow it hook, line and sinker.

2) How could his comment be 'sarcasm'? In what context would 'Obama founded ISIS' make any sense as sarcasm? Does Trump not understand what sarcasm is? (very plausible) Or does Trump know that his gullible followers won't question anything he says, however inane? (virtually certain)

3) Why is it that the Trumplings routinely assert that heir fawning idolization of Trump is due in part because he's such a 'straight shooter' who 'tells it like it is', and yet they're constantly having to explain 'what he really meant'?

Trumplings: "TRUMP TELLS IT LIKE IT IS!"

Trump: "THE SECOND AMENDMENT PEOPLE SHOULD TAKE ACTION IF CLINTON APPOINTS JUDGES!"

Trumplings: "HE DIDN'T REALLY MEAN THAT!"

Trump: "OBAMA FOUNDED ISIS!"

Trumplings: "HE DIDN'T REALLY MEAN THAT, EITHER!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections