Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 07:55 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,982,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityMan View Post

... With that said, I believe Hillary herself has been LGBT-friendly for decades. It's just that the whole pro-gay/anti-gay thing didn't attract much public and media attention until recently. Once it did (i.e. once a lot more people started giving a damn), it became politically expedient to push and promote LGBT-friendly stances and policies. I think social media, blogs, Youtube, etc have played a substantial role in bringing more attention to this.
I think you're on to something.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:05 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi85 View Post
I think only since the last few years does she proclaim that she is pro LGBT and their rights. But wasn't Bill Clinton pro gay? He even signed some important document back then.That would have been weird if she was against gay marriage in the 90s.
Hmm... She marched in a pride parade way back when she was still First Lady. She opposed DADT, supported domestic partnerships, and worked to end prohibitions against same sex couples adopting, all back in the 1990s.

Let's not pretend she just decided to be pro-LGBT a few years ago when we have her actual record going back decades.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:17 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,245,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It's not that you lie, it's that you do it so badly.

May 2012:

Obama announces he supports same-sex marriage - CNNPolitics.com

June 2015:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/27/us...-marriage.html

Why not look it up?
Except Obama appealed the court ruling on DADT and took it to the Supreme Court, thereby delaying its removal. HE OPPOSED GAY RIGHTS.. until the courts FORCED it to be accetable..

'Don't ask, don't tell' decision appealed to Supreme Court

The only LIE is claiming Obama supported **** just because he "said" it.. His actions indicated otherwise..

Old 08-17-2016, 08:19 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,125,172 times
Why is the GOP STILL anti-gay? Why does their platform still come out against gay marriage and endorses "conversion therapy"? I'll take someone who evolves on the issue for whatever reason vs. people who stubbornly refuse to join the 21st century for any reason.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:23 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,125,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Because that section of the platform is stupid and idiotic. Luckily for gays, not all Republicans feel the same way, its why the Republicans went to court to remove DADT for example while Democrats defended it..
Polls still have the majority of Republicans as anti gay marriage, and Republican-led state legislatures routinely attempt to pass anti-lgbt legislation (see "religious freedom" laws and bathroom laws) when they're not actively trying to block non-discrimination legislation at the federal, state and local levels. At some point, you guys just have to own that a lot of Republicans are total trash when it comes to social issues.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:45 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,521,536 times
Lying Hillary doesn't have a single genuine position on anything. She's like an robot waiting to be programmed. As an earlier post said, it all depends on who is writing the checks (or what will get her a vote).

I can't believe anyone who supports lgbt rights or women's rights would ever consider voting for someone who takes millions of dollars from the most oppressive anti-gay, anti-women dictatorships in the world. Of course transgender bathrooms are more important than stonings and beheadings.

Maybe you should read the interview Trump did 16 years ago.
READ: Donald Trump's Advocate Interview Where He Defends Gays, Mexicans | Advocate.com

Old 08-17-2016, 08:52 PM

47,038 posts, read 26,131,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Except Obama appealed the court ruling on DADT and took it to the Supreme Court, thereby delaying its removal. HE OPPOSED GAY RIGHTS.. until the courts FORCED it to be accetable..
You do know that I can scroll up and see what you posted, right?

Quote:
Obama himself opposed gay marriage.. up until the courts ruled it was unconstitutional...
True or false? Take all the time you need.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:00 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,982,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post

I can't believe anyone who supports lgbt rights or women's rights would ever consider voting for someone who takes millions of dollars from the most oppressive anti-gay, anti-women dictatorships in the world. Of course transgender bathrooms are more important than stonings and beheadings.
You just don't get it.

You will never understand.

The official Republican platform is anti-gay.

The official Democratic platform is pro-gay.

CAPICHE ???

Old 08-17-2016, 09:18 PM

32,153 posts, read 15,160,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Because it just recently became socially cool to be gay and it's the flavor group of the year and there are votes there.
Not socially cool.....more accepted these days and not flavor of the year. Didn't you know any gays growing up. I knew quite a few but they were hidden and it was really sad.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:37 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,245,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You do know that I can scroll up and see what you posted, right?

True or false? Take all the time you need.
'Don't ask, don't tell' decision appealed to Supreme Court

WHO appealed the court decision to the Supreme Court?

Thats right, OBAMA administration...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections