Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2016, 06:52 AM

39,093 posts, read 51,289,449 times

Advertisements

Clinton up three in Rasmussen and Dornslife, in the lead in IBD, up 4 and in the lead from a couple days ago in ABC. We are going right back to before the Comey knee-cap.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:53 AM

23,582 posts, read 17,262,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
This article is in Newsweek today. No matter who you're voting for / have voted for already, please read this. Serious stuff here. At the very least, I'm appalled at the extent the Russians have not only tried, but succeeded probably beyond their wildest dreams, to interfere with this election.

Why Vladimir Putin's Russia is Backing Donald Trump
where is putin going to vote?

heard putin will put on a disguise, be dropped off brighton beach, NY by submarine and allow himself to be picked up by a dem operative, given some cash and a bottle of booze, to vote for hillary and instead pull the lever for Trump.

Putin expressed his thanks to obama for withdrawing the missiles promised to Poland and coming to Putin's defense when Mitt said he was an enemy.

Putin was a bit red faced when Obama whispered sweet nothings to medvedev that was caught on an open mic. 'i'll have more latitude after the election'.

Most of all he is thankful to hillary for selling him 25% of US uranium.

Do you think their relationship, reset by hillary, will crumble if Putin does cast his vote for trump?

also heard the red reset button will be on ebay......

The US encourages business to be conducted globally, especially with political opponents, hoping profit will replace bullets. Trump is a global organization.

Putin believed if he backed trump, the US would react by voting for hillary, who has been an endless source of critical US secrets. Putin was watching AMC old movies and just saw 'Sgt York'. The hero captures a group of Germans behind the lines and asks the ranking officier which way to the allied lines. The german points to the right, so sgt York heads off to the left.

Putin learned that telling the US the boston bomber was a bad guy, the US intelligence agencies blew off his warning and said, ;nothing to see here.

Putin saw that when Obama interferred in Israeli elections, hoping to dump Bibi, the Israelis did the opposite.

This pattern of doing the opposite of what russia suggests, is what Putin had hoped to take advantage of.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:56 AM

13,817 posts, read 8,046,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
There was a breakdown on early voting yesterday with a link posted here. When you look at the early voting in Florida it is breaking toward HRC in a big way. If this the trend in early voting continues going forward she is going to win Florida by about 300k votes. The biggest trends from analyzing early voting patterns are first time Hispanics are breaking Democratic 70% of the time and more than 70k first time Hispanic voters. This is the Puerto Rican wave which she spent so much time courting in central Florida which is going to put her over the top.
And Romany was up big in Pennsylvania early on and look what happened to him.

No it is highly unlikely HC will do as well as Obama in 2012.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:58 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,560,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I hear the same thing as tabloids... sometimes they get it right and before anyone... I still don't call it journalism... you come here and put conspiracy theories and call it journalism... obviously you are a Hillary liberal...
LOL. NO ONE puts forth more conspiracy theories than the Trump supporters on this forum. NO ONE.

She has Parkinsons. She is an alcoholic. She is involved in a pedophile ring (latest conspiracy); I can't even think of them all.

Of course Newsweek is not journalism to those who lap up Infowars.

Please.

Old 11-04-2016, 07:00 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,968,080 times
Anyone who thinks Hillary Clinton is going to match Obama's turnout is on some serious drugs.

Old 11-04-2016, 07:06 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,073,379 times
This article consists of much speculation woven together with unidentified sources. There will have to be hard evidence to surface, rather than innuendo, speculation and loose association before I think there is anything to this.

Mrs Clinton, the Clinton Foundation, the FBI's findings in the initial criminal investigation, the reopening of that investigation and the proven-by-wikileaks-emails activities of the Clintons, the Clinton Campaign apparatus, CGF and the DNC are factual and way beyond troubling. There is now no innuendo, but outright activities. Soon to be more. Indictments.

Therein lies the difference.

Old 11-04-2016, 07:07 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,109,741 times
You know the left is desperate when this is there big news about Trump.

Everything in that article has been written about dozens of times, and not one article has ever provided a single piece of evidence to back it's claims.

The FBI said there is no connection between Trump, and Russia.

Sorry, but I'm going to believe the FBI, and not a "news" publication that is known for writing completely unfounded hit pieces.

Old 11-04-2016, 07:12 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,954,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Clinton up three in Rasmussen and Dornslife, in the lead in IBD, up 4 and in the lead from a couple days ago in ABC. We are going right back to before the Comey knee-cap.
All 4 of these average out to about a tie.

Old 11-04-2016, 07:13 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,273,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
The race has really tightened these few days before election.

Some polls put Donald and Hillary at an absolute tie.
The race was likely always tight, the pollsters don't want to be judged by their earlier bogus numbers.

This was predicted.

Old 11-04-2016, 07:15 AM

32,119 posts, read 34,781,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Nate Sliver I think is correct with regard to early voting especially this election.
Don’t Read Too Much Into Early Voting | FiveThirtyEight

However, I think we can say if the AA vote is down this will hurt HC mainly because Blacks have historically been such a strong Dem voting block.
I don't know who Nate Sliver is. And Nate Silver didn't write the article you posted. It was written by Seth Masket. But I appreciate the attention to detail anyhow.

Early voting will make up a larger share of the overall vote in 2016 than it did in 2012. And it made up a larger share of the overall vote in 2012 than it did in 2008. In some states, 50% of total ballots will be cast during the early voting period. So while EV doesn't provide a 100% complete picture of the final result, it will continue to provide a better picture as EV increases in popularity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections