Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2016, 11:36 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,973,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxStorm72 View Post
I think that Trump is making a fatal error in spending too much time in Michigan and Pennsylvania. He won't be able to win those states.

That time and resources would be better spent in Florida, North Carolina, New Hampshire, Colorado and Nevada. Trump doesn't need either Pennsylvania or Michigan to possibly reach 270. New Hampshire and Maine CD2 would get him to 270 along with those other must win states that he has had a lead in!
It's complicated for his campaign. He probably won't win Nevada or Colorado based on early voting trends. I think they underestimated hispanic enthusiasm in those areas. I think they are doing the right thing. If he wins either PA and MI and NH he has more chances of winning.

He also might lose FL. It's a combination of poor ground game and a growing non-republican hispanic population

Old 11-07-2016, 11:38 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
If he doesn't move one of the blue rust belt states, he has to run the table on all of the others with virtually no margin for error, and that means sweeping or nearly sweeping those tossups with significant Latino turnout. That's probably unrealistic. He's responding to his private polling results and knows he has to pull a shocker of an upset to win. It's a desperate move for desperate times for his campaign.
I think you're on to something here.

According to Nate Silver's winding path, Trump can take all the swing states--Florida, North Carolina, Nevada and still won't make it over the line if he can't get Massachusetts or Pennsylvania to cross over to him.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:39 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
It's complicated for his campaign. He probably won't win Nevada or Colorado based on early voting trends. I think they underestimated hispanic enthusiasm in those areas. I think they are doing the right thing. If he wins either PA and MI and NH he has more chances of winning.

He also might lose FL. It's a combination of poor ground game and a growing non-republican hispanic population
Also, about 30% of Republicans are apparently voting for Clinton in Florida according to one pollster.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:46 AM

Did someone here say that some company was going to release early voting data before the media does?

OK I found my own answer it's called votecastr I think. I'm writing it so I can find the info tomorrow LOL

Old 11-07-2016, 11:54 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,297,448 times
Quote:
Did someone here say that some company was going to release early voting data before the media does?

OK I found my own answer it's called votecastr I think. I'm writing it so I can find the info tomorrow LOL
Correct it's votecastr but slate might have it too. It's a joint project.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:58 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxStorm72 View Post
I think that Trump is making a fatal error in spending too much time in Michigan and Pennsylvania. He won't be able to win those states.

That time and resources would be better spent in Florida, North Carolina, New Hampshire, Colorado and Nevada. Trump doesn't need either Pennsylvania or Michigan to possibly reach 270. New Hampshire and Maine CD2 would get him to 270 along with those other must win states that he has had a lead in!
Early vote says he is going to lose Nevada and Colorado. It makes sense for him not to be there. Why he is in Michigan or Pennsylvania, I have no clue. Of all the blue states he could turn, Wisconsin is the one with the easiest path. I understand that you cant admit defeat in any state, but he may have spread himself so thin that he hurt himself.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:00 PM

Well I'll wait until then. Maybe I'll take a break from this board. I can't tell when they will start reporting. I'll know tomorrow I guess.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:01 PM

17,346 posts, read 11,289,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Early vote says he is going to lose Nevada and Colorado. It makes sense for him not to be there. Why he is in Michigan or Pennsylvania, I have no clue. Of all the blue states he could turn, Wisconsin is the one with the easiest path. I understand that you cant admit defeat in any state, but he may have spread himself so thin that he hurt himself.
We've had this conversation before but it doesn't seem to matter much because some people don't get it. Early vote doesn't say he lost Nevada and Colorado. No one has counted those votes. Why can't you get that tiny little part of it?

Old 11-07-2016, 12:03 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,223,962 times
Quote:

Dems were up 30k ballots in Colorado, but now Republicans are up 7k.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:06 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,709,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
According to Nate Silver's winding path, Trump can take all the swing states--Florida, North Carolina, Nevada and still won't make it over the line if he can't get Massachusetts or Pennsylvania to cross over to him.
You cannot have meant to type Massachusetts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections