Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 12:38 PM

13,428 posts, read 9,960,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nope.

The point is this.

Mark Cuban calls out Trump for what he said about taxes. But like most, he's not willing to take the same medicine himself.
When Mark Cuban runs for President he'll be expected to show his returns too.

That's it. I have no reason to see Mark Cuban's taxes. Gawd I couldn't be that bored ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 12:38 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,943,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Cuban isn't running for political office.

TRUMP IS!
(I know that is hard for normal people to believe).

If Trump has nothing to hide, he show the voters.

He's hiding something. Most likely he'd indebted to Russia or China.
Sounds like Cuban is arguing that the "show us if you have nothing to hide" line of reasoning is going down a dangerous rabbit hole.

Old 09-28-2016, 12:39 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,902,291 times
Quote:
Nope.

The point is this.

Mark Cuban calls out Trump for what he said about taxes. But like most, he's not willing to take the same medicine himself.
What medicine? What are you trying to say?

Traditionally presidentially candidates release their tax returns. Cuban is not running for president and has no obligation to release his tax returns. Last I checked Trump is running for president and has said he would release his tax returns, but then evidently changed his mind and now won't. Why is that difference hard to understand. Both those posters answered your questions.

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Ouch...bet Hillary's saying something like "I invited you to the debate and then you say shyt like this???"

Yep. It's amazing the incompetence of her campaign.

2,668 posts, read 4,499,597 times
Cuban made his money through the internet, bought a basketball team, and appears on a show. That's about all I care to know or think of him, the fact that he has a front row seat means absolutely nothing to me and he should just stick to sitting on his couch with his team watching games.

Old 09-28-2016, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Sounds like Cuban is arguing that the "show us if you have nothing to hide" line of reasoning is going down a dangerous rabbit hole.
What's dangerous about it? Releasing tax returns is standard, no one is asking for anything unprecedented.

Old 09-28-2016, 12:41 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
What medicine? What are you trying to say?

Traditionally presidentially candidates release their tax returns. Cuban is not running for president and has no obligation to release his tax returns. Last I checked Trump is running for president and has said he would release his tax returns, but then evidently changed his mind and now won't. Why is that difference hard to understand. Both those posters answered your questions.

Did you read the article?

He didn't say just that.

He also said it was wrong to ask Presidential candidates to do so.

Old 09-28-2016, 12:46 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,943,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
What's dangerous about it? Releasing tax returns is standard, no one is asking for anything unprecedented.
Cuban is arguing the broader picture. If you make the argument that anything not made public means a candidate is hiding something...that could lead down a rabbit hole of demands for anything and everything.

Old 09-28-2016, 12:48 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,702,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Yes. We both addressed the OP, and pointed out that you have no point. The fact that you are completely incapable of grasping that simple fact does not mean we did not address it - it just means you are completely incapable of grasping that simple fact.
Don't care if he's not running for office. Doing that makes him a hypocrite.

Old 09-28-2016, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Did you read the article?

He didn't say just that.

He also said it was wrong to ask Presidential candidates to do so.
Can you quote where he says that because I don't see it.

Edit: I see now, the last paragraph. He's saying no candidate should release tax returns. Has he asked Trump to release tax returns?

Last edited by Mattks; 09-28-2016 at 01:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections