Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 07:54 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,769,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQL View Post
Pence is already on the ticket and would be a viable candidate, and I even consider Pence to be too conservative for me. But I'd take him over Trump any day of the week. Far more "presidential" and capable than this reality TV buffoon.
If Pence didn't despise gays so much I might be able to tolerate him. But a man who wants conservative Christian laws running the country isn't suitable for the office either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 07:56 PM

12,031 posts, read 6,563,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
It was reported on the news that they're setting up a meeting. Forget if it's tonight or maybe tomorrow to discuss how to go forward without Trump as the nominee.
Okay, I'm gaining a little respect again for the party leaders.
They should have dumped him at the convention.

I guess this means Ryan won't be standing with Trump tomorrow in WI.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:58 PM

12,031 posts, read 6,563,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
If Pence didn't despise gays so much I might be able to tolerate him. But a man who wants conservative Christian laws running the country isn't suitable for the office either.
How has he shown he despises gays?
That disappoints me, but is it really true or just liberal spin?

Old 10-07-2016, 08:20 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
Default could someone like Paul Ryan or Mike Pence step to the top of the ticket?

if they feel Trump is not acceptable as the nominee anymore

Old 10-07-2016, 08:25 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,726,480 times
No, way too late for all that.

Neither candidate is necessarily a good person.

This election should carry with it the lesson for the future.......Look at the policy the candidates advance, not their personal peccadillos.

CN

Old 10-07-2016, 08:27 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,103,496 times
Multiple sources are saying that the RNC's senior leadership will meet tomorrow in NYC to discuss the possibility going forward without Trump. Clearly, they think they may have a way to ditch him.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:30 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
NO

Unless they change and take up the America first movement the GOP is through being a force in presidential politics. The old standard GOP BS is never going to get elected. They are/have been for the rich as much as crooked Hillary is/has been.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:31 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,161,565 times
The easiest way for Trump to be replaced is if he quits.

If he quits the Republican National Committee then decides how he will be replaced. That would be done by either holding another convention and letting the delegates go through the process again or having a vote of RNC members.

The RNC rules say a candidate can be replaced if he declines to run (quits), dies or "otherwise". Otherwise would be a tortured process. Which would probably be best achieved by senior members of the GOP convincing Trump to step down. Because the world now knows he is a sexual predator.

Or he could just announce he has a disease (diagnosed when the tape came out) and avoid being humiliated in November.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 10-07-2016 at 08:43 PM..

Old 10-07-2016, 08:31 PM

601 posts, read 963,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Multiple sources are saying that the RNC's senior leadership will meet tomorrow in NYC to discuss the possibility going forward without Trump. Clearly, they think they may have a way to ditch him.
It's too late. Voting is already happening. Everything is usually finalized by the beginning of September. The only thing they can realistically do is distance themselves from Trump, and focus on the downballot races.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:32 PM

22,452 posts, read 11,977,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
But...but...but...CLINTON!

Can't possibly defend him so you immediately deflect to the Clintons.

Do you approve of Trump saying he just grabs women by the ***** because he can get away with it? And can you answer that question without mentioning the Clintons?

I bet you can't.
Uh huh. And you were one of those who kept saying --- But...but...but...BUSH! to deflect from Obama.

I don't approve of what Trump said. Nor did I approve of Bubba's behavior. Nor do I approve of Bubba's wife's behavior.

Find me the perfect candidate who never said anything wrong. I bet you can't
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections