Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2016, 08:00 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Her actions are the proof of that.
I'm asking for proof that she asked more than one SOS about emails and a server (not a BlackBerry) as you claimed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2016, 08:02 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I'm asking for proof that she asked more than one SOS about emails and a server (not a BlackBerry) as you claimed.
Dinner party. Hosted by Albright.

Old 10-20-2016, 08:03 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Nice change of topic. I take your response as your admission that the Public Cloud is not necessarily less secure then unsecured Federal Systems.
Is the public cloud or private cloud the proper place of custody for the classified information?

Old 10-20-2016, 08:04 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,848,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What Hillary did is the very definition of 'gather, transmit, or lose' confidential and/or classified info. Her server contractor backed it up on a public cloud, for pete's sake. PUBLIC cloud.

A private cloud, dedicated to only that server would have been more appropriate, but that's not what was done, and Hillary is ultimately responsible for that. She should be in prison.
A private cloud is not necessarily more secure than a public cloud. If your private cloud is on an unsecured system connected to a network then it is likely less secure than any public cloud system.

Old 10-20-2016, 08:06 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
As any lawyer can tell you, the law is not black and white. I'm sorry that it puzzles you that some people see Hillary's actions in a different light than you. But then we don't all march in lock-step together, do we? And that's a good thing.

I defend Hillary because her actions resulted in no harm. She didn't intend for confidential information to fall into the hands of anyone unauthorized to have that confidential information. And the FBI, after a thorough investigation, didn't find that any confidential information was actually compromised.

The people demanding jail aren't demanding it because Hillary has done anything illegal. They are demanding it because they hate Hillary. And they really don't hate Hillary at all, because they don't know her. All they know is a bunch of propaganda spewed about her.

As an attorney, you should realize that:

1. "intent" makes no difference with the dissemination of classified material.

2. The dissemination and processing of classified information on a private server is a clear violation of federal law.

3. If you had no intent to hide information from other government entities, why would you need a private server?

I had a clinic at the VA for ten years. As a physician, we were told quite clearly that taking patient information off the premises and dissemination of such information to anyone who was not involved in the patient care was a violation of federal law. What Hillary did is much worse.

Old 10-20-2016, 08:07 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,981,966 times
"No one can get rich in Politics unless he is a crook!"
...Harry Truman

Hillary said they were "dead broke" when they left the White House, yet today the Clinton net worth is over $300,000,000.00.
As for trump spreading horror stories about her, sorry, that won't wash! Yes, he has, but those stories already existed long before he announced his candidacy. Personally, I didn't like the clintons when slick willy was President, and nothing has happened since then to change my mind! In fact, what I have read since has lowered my opinion of them!

Old 10-20-2016, 08:07 AM

Quote:
As any lawyer can tell you, the law is not black and white. I'm sorry that it puzzles you that some people see Hillary's actions in a different light than you. But then we don't all march in lock-step together, do we? And that's a good thing.

I defend Hillary because her actions resulted in no harm. She didn't intend for confidential information to fall into the hands of anyone unauthorized to have that confidential information. And the FBI, after a thorough investigation, didn't find that any confidential information was actually compromised.

The people demanding jail aren't demanding it because Hillary has done anything illegal. They are demanding it because they hate Hillary. And they really don't hate Hillary at all, because they don't know her. All they know is a bunch of propaganda spewed about her.
What? That is hardly the definition of lawful. The law IS black and white. You either adhere to, or you break, the law. The outcome of those actions matters NOT. Neither does intent.

Old 10-20-2016, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
As an attorney, you should realize that:

1. "intent" makes no difference with the dissemination of classified material.

2. The dissemination and processing of classified information on a private server is a clear violation of federal law.

3. If you had no intent to hide information from other government entities, why would you need a private server?

I had a clinic at the VA for ten years. As a physician, we were told quite clearly that taking patient information off the premises and dissemination of such information to anyone who was not involved in the patient care was a violation of federal law. What Hillary did is much worse.
Petraeus gave classified information to a party not authorized to receive that classified information.

Hillary did nothing of the kind.

Federal law doesn't explicitly address private servers.

And your third point is empty. She has stated that she chose to use a private server as a matter of convenience.

Old 10-20-2016, 08:12 AM

Quote:
First of all, your law covers DEFENSE information.

Secondly, the information was in its proper place of custody, in the e-mails of the Secretary of State. It was not delivered to anyone in violations of trust.

Thirdly, Hillary was found not to have knowledge that the information had ever been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of trust.

Her use of a personal server was a big mistake. Did she think her email server was the proper place of custody? Yes.
Was she not the Secretary of DEFENSE?

And the proper place of custody was NOT on a server in her home, backed up to the cloud, sent through unsecure means.

She most certainly had knowledge that they had been illegally removed from their proper place of custody - SHE had the server set up in her home.

Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law. "Thinking" her server was the proper place of custody doesn't change the fact that it was NOT. And it was not a mistake - it was a blatant disregard for the law.

I seriously wonder about the sanity of people that also truly believe that it was an "honest mistake". They delight in the fact that she's brilliant and crafty, yet believe she's so stupid she has no idea what she's doing on a day to day basis. How convenient.

Old 10-20-2016, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
What? That is hardly the definition of lawful. The law IS black and white. You either adhere to, or you break, the law. The outcome of those actions matters NOT. Neither does intent.
Blather.

Intent and outcomes always matter.

And if Hillary had been charged, intent and outcomes would have been the crux of the defense. Comey understands this. Hillary haters don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections