Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2016, 11:28 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Where was your reference to classified information in your original statement? I don't see it.
Why was it necessary? Even Comey admitted there was classified info on Hillary's server.

Quote:
Do you think the public cloud providers like Amazon are not taking precautions on the access to the data of their customers in their public cloud?
You can't possibly be serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2016, 11:31 AM

25,963 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
This is a very simple question that baffles me. She has so much blood and scandal on her hands, yet is still eligible for the highest office in the land? And people WANT her???
I suspect she has blackmailed and/or threatened her way to the nomination. We all know from the Clinton's dirty laundry how they accomplish things.

Old 10-20-2016, 11:37 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Where was your reference to classified information in your original statement? I don't see it.

I have a pretty good understanding of computer and network security having worked in the area for nearly 40 years.

Do you think the public cloud providers like Amazon are not taking precautions on the access to the data of their customers in their public cloud?

How many private servers operated by various companies have been comprised? A lot.
LOL. You have no clue. Please stop commenting on this to void any further embarrassment.

https://aws.amazon.com/agreement/ and read Section 4. Your Responsibilities.

The cloud providers like Amazon only provides a platform for users to use. They do not and cannot manage YOUR security unless you sign a special contract having them manage your security - I don't doubt such contract exists if you are big enough but most users and companies don't. How to manage security is each individual customer's responsibility!

Old 10-20-2016, 11:43 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
So you also what to debate the changed topic?

Here is the statement I originally responded to:

"Yes, I said public cloud.

That means everyone already has them all... Anonymous, wikileaks, every foreign government that spies on the U.S. etc..."

That assertion is simply untrue. Public Clouds are not necessarily less secure than Private Clouds.
Public Cloud is inherently less secure because it's connected to the public internet. Private Cloud can easily be made 100% by simply not connecting to the Internet while the Public Cloud cannot.

While it is true public clouds are not necessarily less secure, that's just being obnoxiously obtuse and completely disingenuous. It's like saying my own server is not NECESSARILY less secure than the NSA's. That is absolutely true and absolutely obtuse!

Old 10-20-2016, 12:25 PM

656 posts, read 1,208,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
This is a very simple question that baffles me. She has so much blood and scandal on her hands, yet is still eligible for the highest office in the land? And people WANT her???
I am just troubled by the exact same thought....So, In the Primary, there are people who just voted cause her name was Hillary, they like Bill Clinton and they voted another Clinton, there are lots of people who have the same mindset as hers, "win by hook or crook" and they vote for her...only those people who are honest and true to their heart voted for Bernie and are very much troubled like your question! SAD! Is there no one better than these two in this Great Country!

Old 10-20-2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
We have a lot of rich powerful people in this country who are as evil as hell and they control politicians who love their money.
what a TRUE statement!!!

Old 10-20-2016, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Too many voters with extremely low standards and values that don'tind giving our sovereignty up.
This shows the sad state of our country! we are becoming one dishonest/unethical/selfish bunch of people!

Old 10-20-2016, 12:33 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,848,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Public Cloud is inherently less secure because it's connected to the public internet. Private Cloud can easily be made 100% by simply not connecting to the Internet while the Public Cloud cannot.

While it is true public clouds are not necessarily less secure, that's just being obnoxiously obtuse and completely disingenuous. It's like saying my own server is not NECESSARILY less secure than the NSA's. That is absolutely true and absolutely obtuse!
Nothing in the definition of Private Cloud precludes the Private Cloud from being connected to the internet.

"While it is true public clouds are not necessarily less secure" Just stop there since you are conceding the point I was making. Just saying something is in the public cloud doesn't mean the information is available to anyone who wants it or that it is more secure in a private cloud or other systems which are connected to the internet.

In fact, I would trust organizations like Amazon or Salesforce more than numerous other entities who have tried and failed to provide their own security. How many governmental non-cloud systems have been compromised at this point?

This whole discussion stems from an assertion that since its in the public cloud its available to virtual everyone.

Old 10-20-2016, 12:44 PM

381 posts, read 177,385 times
Because people are going to "overlook everything she has done" to keep Trump from the office--I've heard this from Clinton supporters many times. If the citizen constituency doesn't care about our laws and taking seriously who we vote into office, why should the government? Corrupt politicians have become a way of life.

Old 10-20-2016, 12:48 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,848,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
LOL. You have no clue. Please stop commenting on this to void any further embarrassment.

https://aws.amazon.com/agreement/ and read Section 4. Your Responsibilities.

The cloud providers like Amazon only provides a platform for users to use. They do not and cannot manage YOUR security unless you sign a special contract having them manage your security - I don't doubt such contract exists if you are big enough but most users and companies don't. How to manage security is each individual customer's responsibility!
3.1 AWS Security. Without limiting Section 10 or your obligations under Section 4.2, we will implement reasonable and appropriate measures designed to help you secure Your Content against accidental or unlawful loss, access or disclosure.

Any company seriously looking at moving their data to Public Cloud suppliers are going to demand that it be secured. This does not override the companies responsibility to also take reasonable precautions.

You really think the entities listed on the linked page below think that they have made their data available to anyone who wants it.

https://aws.amazon.com/solutions/case-studies/

More than a million active customers, from Airbnb to GE, use AWS Cloud solutions to deliver flexibility, scalability, and reliability.

https://aws.amazon.com/security/?nc1=f_cc

Cloud security at AWS is the highest priority. As an AWS customer, you will benefit from a data center and network architecture built to meet the requirements of the most security-sensitive organizations.

Last edited by WilliamSmyth; 10-20-2016 at 12:58 PM.. Reason: Added link to AWS security page
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections