Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2016, 12:57 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I happen to deal with a lot with DOA. In the government, it's far far more strict on the DOA. It's not the first time we had a secretary of state.

Whats DOA--- Dept of Agriculture have to do with any of this?

Under the Constitution, the President of the United States determines U.S. foreign policy. The Secretary of State, appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate, is the President’s chief foreign affairs adviser.

The Bureau of Human Resources determines if a Department of State position requires a security clearance based on the duties and responsibilities of the position.

All About Security Clearances

each agency determines their own policy-- and not always the same-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2016, 12:59 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
3.1 AWS Security. Without limiting Section 10 or your obligations under Section 4.2, we will implement reasonable and appropriate measures designed to help you secure Your Content against accidental or unlawful loss, access or disclosure.

This statement means they have a password policy and have "reasonable" security measure in place to protect your account. It does NOT mean idiots or incompetent IT guys wouldn't be able to configure your content (data and servers) to be accessible freely, like using clear text passwords, no encryption or opening up all network ports on your server etc. Your content and how to configure your content is your responsibility.

Quote:
Any company seriously looking at moving their data to Public Cloud suppliers are going to demand that it be secured. This does not override the companies responsibility to also take reasonable precautions.

You really think the entities listed on the linked page below think that they have made their data available to anyone who wants it.

https://aws.amazon.com/solutions/case-studies/

More than a million active customers, from Airbnb to GE, use AWS Cloud solutions to deliver flexibility, scalability, and reliability.
LOL. Do you have or manage servers in AWS?

I have been managing AWS servers for years. It is one of my largest cloud server providers. Some of my suppliers also use AWS and I routinely audit them.

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 10-20-2016 at 01:16 PM..

Old 10-20-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Whats DOA--- Dept of Agriculture have to do with any of this?

Under the Constitution, the President of the United States determines U.S. foreign policy. The Secretary of State, appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate, is the President’s chief foreign affairs adviser.

The Bureau of Human Resources determines if a Department of State position requires a security clearance based on the duties and responsibilities of the position.

All About Security Clearances

each agency determines their own policy-- and not always the same-
DOA = designation of authority.

Old 10-20-2016, 01:20 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Dinner party. At previous Secretary of State Madeleine Albright's home. Attended by other previous Secretaries of State. Where the topic came up. As reported by an independent journalist named Conason.

That's who, where and when.
Awesome. Thank you.

At no point did Powell give Clinton advice about a server.

At no point did ANY other SOS give Clinton advice about a server.

Powell DID give Clinton advice about emails, according to Conason: "Powell told her to use her own email, as he had done, except for classified communications, which he had sent and received via a State Department computer."

Powell had has "no recollection" of the conversation described in Conason's book.

So ONE SOS gave her advice about emails, which she blatantly ignored. ONE SOS gave her advice about emails, not a server. The SOS says that conversation never happened.

Yup, Clinton decided on her own to get a server, got caught, dumped incriminating evidence from that server, and put the country in jeopardy due to her inability to understand computers or her willingness to break the law because she believes she's above it.

Got it.....

Old 10-20-2016, 01:22 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
As often as I've read Comey's statement, I pretty much know it by heart.

Those three points are the foundation for his remarks about extreme carelessness.

They still didn't find that the classified information had fallen into the hands of anyone not authorized to receive it.

I don't think that the hatred for Clinton actually compares to the hatred for Trump. There are people who viscerally hate Clinton, who have physical reactions to anything related to Clinton. I think Trump is a poor candidate for President, but I don't wish him any harm. On a daily basis on this forum I see people wishing all sorts of terrible things on Hillary Clinton. Including, quite often, death.
You truly have a reading comprehension problem, don't you.

The law doesn't require that the classified information be obtained by foreign actors for the law to be broken.

Old 10-20-2016, 01:48 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,848,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
[/color][/b]

This statement means they have a password policy and have "reasonable" security measure in place to protect your account. It does NOT mean idiots or incompetent IT guys wouldn't be able to configure your content (data and servers) to be accessible freely, like using clear text passwords, no encryption or opening up all network ports on your server etc. Your content and how to configure your content is your responsibility.

LOL. Do you have or manage servers in AWS?

I have been managing AWS servers for years. It is one of my largest cloud server providers. Some of my suppliers also use AWS and I routinely audit them.
How as a customer do you secure an Amazon data center, the Amazon network and the Amazon storage, etc.?

Old 10-20-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
How as a customer do you secure an Amazon data center, the Amazon network and the Amazon storage, etc.?
I don't secure Amazon's datacenter. I do ask Amazon to provide us SSAE 16 each year but that's just a procedural security review as required by SOX.

I merely use their datacenter but my data and content are confidential and are connected to the Internet so that I must secure my data/content myself, for example, setting up antivirus, encryption, Firewalls, IDS, VPN and use SSL.

Amazon only provides facility and security to access their facility but not security to my data.

This is true to all cloud providers because it's impossible for them to know how you want your content to be accessed. Maybe you do want unencrypted and anonymous access - many companies do that and it's very normal.

If you want to secure your content, you need to do the extra work which Amazon doesn't even know or care.

It obviously depends on what services you subscribe to with Amazon. A simple backup storage may not need any additional work to secure and the security provided by Amazon is OK for a business to use but certainly not OK for classified information that may affect national security. A virtual server would need a whole lot work to secure and it's an different animal to deal with.

Old 10-20-2016, 02:04 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Did it ever occur Mick that the presidential influence weighs heavily in the energy spent in federal investigations? Arrest? You think the president would allow an open arrest of his secretary of state? Wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinkChink View Post
Pres is up 2 his ears in HRC e-mail scandal. the fix was in and Hrc knew it................SuckaS.
Of course he is, first he "found out" about it by watching the news, but recent leaks actually has him emailing Clinton using the non governmental email address, along with discussions as to if those emails can be deleted, i.e. not disclosed, claiming executive privilege.

Old 10-20-2016, 02:35 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
In fact, I would trust organizations like Amazon or Salesforce more than numerous other entities who have tried and failed to provide their own security.
OMG. You DO know that Salesforce's cloud has been breached, no?

Old 10-20-2016, 03:01 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I suspect she has blackmailed and/or threatened her way to the nomination. We all know from the Clinton's dirty laundry how they accomplish things.
You all know....the smear campaign that's been waged against the Clintons. The most investigated couple in history. Countless investigations, and zilch, nada, zip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections