Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 10:23 AM

28,946 posts, read 30,301,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
I personally hate when someone says your amigos, it shows a disconnect with the Latin community it's not a big deal and yes people are going to make it out to be worse than what it was, but it's bad politics if you are courting that voting block, he keeps doing stuff that doesnt help his cause assuming that is to build a voting coalition that will get him elected. Why? he could have used a dozen other words with 0 outrage manufactured or not.
yanno what, every time someone punches him down, for instance the media, he comes back stronger then ever....

Those who talk against him have not been following him for years, and have not seen him do interviews from the time he was young....you have no idea what kind of person he is...your simply looking for a good reason to vote otherwise, and that's ok, but judging someone without knowing, is wrong.

So he used Hombre, so what? Paul Newman made a movie called Hombre....so what?

Good Lord....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2016, 10:31 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,034,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Maybe the liberals will publish a dictionary of acceptable words so Americans will not insult them by calling them "men" and other offending names.
That wouldn't work. Depending on who uttered the word, its acceptability would change on a whim.

Silly liberals.

Old 10-20-2016, 10:35 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,836,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Wasn't he mostly speaking about Chicago?
No he said "inner cities" and even if he was talking about Chicago, my husband is a Chicago native and he managed to go to college and get educated, walk down the street without getting shot (when crime was WAY worse in Chicago than it is today), and didn't feel he lived in "hell." He loves Chicago and we may move there after our kids get out of school. I also like Chicago, it is a beautiful city.

Do you really think that all black people who live in the city of Chicago are living in hell, are uneducated, they live in fear, their kids go to "bad schools," and they are shot at when they walk down the street? I've walked down the street in my MIL's neighborhood many times over the past 15 years and she lives on the southside in a neighborhood that is known to have pretty high crime rates, yet I've never been shot or shot at and I wasn't afraid to walk around the neighborhood. She has some nice neighbors.

Old 10-20-2016, 10:46 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,380,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
No he said "inner cities" and even if he was talking about Chicago, my husband is a Chicago native and he managed to go to college and get educated, walk down the street without getting shot (when crime was WAY worse in Chicago than it is today), and didn't feel he lived in "hell." He loves Chicago and we may move there after our kids get out of school. I also like Chicago, it is a beautiful city.

Do you really think that all black people who live in the city of Chicago are living in hell, are uneducated, they live in fear, their kids go to "bad schools," and they are shot at when they walk down the street? I've walked down the street in my MIL's neighborhood many times over the past 15 years and she lives on the southside in a neighborhood that is known to have pretty high crime rates, yet I've never been shot or shot at and I wasn't afraid to walk around the neighborhood. She has some nice neighbors.
How about the "Whatya' gotta lose" line. As if he's Monte Hall and all "the blacks" are contestants.

Old 10-20-2016, 10:58 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,174,239 times
Default Trump's "Bad Hombres" Insults/Amuses Hispanics... Again.

"Bad Hombres" lit up Twitter and was one of the top trending hashtags last night. Actually the response was not of outrage but of amusement...

Debate Was Short On Immigration, But #BadHombres Was Trending - NBC News

Even the Merriam-Webster dictionary site saw a lot of traffic.

https://twitter.com/MerriamWebster/s...14054115057664

Old 10-20-2016, 11:11 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,294,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
He used it as a derogatory term, when you say hombre you don't mean anything but the Hispanics and Latinos.
Ok. Hombre.

Old 10-20-2016, 11:20 AM

11 posts, read 6,491 times
Take pity on these twits - they're fresh from the cemeteries where they were registering voters to vote for the White Cuckquean.

Old 10-20-2016, 11:27 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,453,691 times
BFD. Just another manufactured thing to be outraged at. The reason Webster's saw a lot of traffic is because the dummies who thought they were supposed to be offended didn't even know what it meant.

Old 10-20-2016, 11:29 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,148,620 times
It sounded more like he was saying that people here are really really hungry.

Old 10-20-2016, 11:30 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,174,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
BFD. Just another manufactured thing to be outraged at.
From what I saw on Twitter it was a lot more amusement than outrage, poking fun at Trump's hamfisted attempt at speaking Spanish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections