Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2016, 07:35 AM

30,374 posts, read 19,177,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Media, globalists, RINOs and crooked Hillary all in one room and he burned it down. We were laughing heartily.
Exactly...a lot of those jabs were directed at the media (aka as Dems propaganda dept.), the political elites, the crooked, lying, haters of the Deplorables. The basket of redneck deplorables clinging to their guns and religion are all applauding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2016, 07:35 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,930,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Trump's remark about Hillary "pretending not to hate Catholics" was very awkward, especially for this dinner.

I had no idea DT's Father was arrested in 1927 for participating in a KKK riot against the fact Al Smith might become the first Catholic Governor of NY and possibly President, but makes sense.
I missed that. Going to have to go check that out. Would not surprise me, it fits the Trump mindset.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:40 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Sick of Hillary and others claiming we are a nation of immigrants and pointing to the Statue of Liberty as if we are obligated to embrace illegal immigration, refugees and legal immigrants in unlimited numbers. For one thing we are no longer a nation of immigrants we are a nation of mostly citizens today. Time to shed that stupid label and some poem on a statue does not negate common sense nor our immigration laws in place today.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:48 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,930,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Honestly, Clinton's writer had more to work with. Sixteen months of Archie Bunkerisms. My personal favorite will always be Trump's Vulgar Admission: Avoiding STDs was "my personal Vietnam" with "few uninfected" women | RedState
That is amazing. From that Stern interview (see the link to the credited source above):

STERN: Now getting back to dating, and when you got to say to a woman, you gotta go to my personal doctor and I’m gonna have you checked out, is that a tough thing to say to a woman?
TRUMP: It’s amazing, I can’t even believe it. I’ve been so lucky in terms of that whole world. It is a dangerous world out there. It’s like Vietnam, sort of.
STERN: Hey it’s your personal Vietnam isn’t it?
TRUMP: It is my personal Vietnam. I feel like a great and very brave soldier!

This is a perfect insight into the cheap and sordid mind of Donald Trump. In his thinking there is nothing sacred, even the memory of the soldiers that gave their lives in Vietnam are only good for a joke. He brags that it's a great accomplishment that he managed to sleep around with a lot of different women, and not get an STD because he had them "checked out". The more you learn about this guy, the more disgusting he gets. Not surprising that he couldn't class it up for even one night at the Al Smith dinner.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:49 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,198,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Tell this to yourself the evening of Nov 8, when the election is called before you go to bed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
ha ha!
Right back at you!

Old 10-21-2016, 07:50 AM

769 posts, read 782,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I did not watch, but reading the opinion article on CNN the writer said both did poorly, but that Donald John Trump had the tougher time due to his facing a more liberal audience.

Some of the 'jokes' or barbs, by both, seem to be rather poor. Wouldn't these two have had some professional writers? People whom understood the purpose of the evening?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I loved the fact that Trump offended the liberal New York elite....the fact they booed him means he's not in bed with the special interests that were at the dinner and have paid Hillary for favors.

If Hillary went to speak at a redneck deplorable dinner and made fun of Trump, the boos would have been better.
Since when is a Catholic charity dinner a den of liberals? In your dim reality you probably think that this anti Trump dinner was followed by a workshop in Sodomy and late term abortions, hosted by the liberal Catholic Church.

Old 10-21-2016, 08:14 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Trump's remark about Hillary "pretending not to hate Catholics" was very awkward, especially for this dinner.

I had no idea DT's Father was arrested in 1927 for participating in a KKK riot against the fact Al Smith might become the first Catholic Governor of NY and possibly President, but makes sense.
That was HORRIBLE! He got booed which has never happened. Who were his joke writers? They didn't help him at all on some of these.

Can't say either one of these two is any kind of comedian. Obama IS funny.

Old 10-21-2016, 08:17 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
That was HORRIBLE! He got booed which has never happened. Who were his joke writers? They didn't help him at all on some of these.

I'm pretty sure Trump used his regular writers for the dinner - most of his speech sounded like his usual stump speeches in front of the Deplorables.

Old 10-21-2016, 08:28 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,069,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
As if that is the more important thing than being dishonest and corrupt to the core like Hillary.

Aside from her incompetence (Egypt, Crimea, ISIS, Lybia, Syria, Iran, etc., etc.) as SoS, and extreme carelessness with top secret and classified materials, she puts herself above the country. She knew that if all the emails were subject to FOIA requests, her campaign to be potus would be over before it began. So she bought her own server so no one else could view the emails she was creating.
Then she took the documents that belonged to the American people and destroyed them.
Hillary then had the unmitigated gall and arrogance to lie to the American public in the UN press conference (and many times since), and it has all been proved to be flat out lies. How, by the very emails she attempted to destroy!

Say what you will about Trump, and a decent amount I will likely agree with you on. However being crass, rude, and thin skinned is hardly comparable to everything Hillary has done while in public office.
Can't you see that?

being as downright stupid as he is, is far worse

Old 10-21-2016, 08:32 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,940,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Yeah-I'd like to go back and watch some of the former speakers at this event, including Obama.

I thought Clinton was more "at home" and natural with her humor-I actually started to like her a tad LOL she was a good sport to sit there and find humor in herself and the election.

I thought Trump was doing pretty well at first-funny, even tame-then it got to be like any other political attack speech he does. I guess gotta give him credit for never compromising his style or opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections