Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2016, 12:14 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,919,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Think about it with common sense, how is it fair that a candidate wins by like 1% in several swing states and then carries all of their electoral votes while losing the national popular vote heavily?

There should be a re-run and if the margin is still less than 2.0%, the state should be seen as evenly split and half of each side should participate as electors for that state. That is the only way to make it fair!

The 6 states that should have a run off are:
Florida
Pennsylvania
Michigan
Wisconsin
Minnesota
New Hampshire

Candidates with more than 5.0% of the votes should be allowed to participate the run off, so only Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump will be on the ballot since Gary Johnson didn't get at least 5.0% in any of these states.
The re-run should be one month from Election Day so candidates can focus campaigning in just those 6 states for a month!
Ummm, no. Then the election would never end. Same goes with most elections. Florida is always a very close state.

Old 11-24-2016, 12:16 PM

13,277 posts, read 7,326,738 times
Quote:
Think about it with common sense, how is it fair that a candidate wins by like 1% in several swing states and then carries all of their electoral votes while losing the national popular vote heavily?

There should be a re-run and if the margin is still less than 2.0%, the state should be seen as evenly split and half of each side should participate as electors for that state. That is the only way to make it fair!

The 6 states that should have a run off are:
Florida
Pennsylvania
Michigan
Wisconsin
Minnesota
New Hampshire

Candidates with more than 5.0% of the votes should be allowed to participate the run off, so only Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump will be on the ballot since Gary Johnson didn't get at least 5.0% in any of these states.
The re-run should be one month from Election Day so candidates can focus campaigning in just those 6 states for a month!
You want to keep having elections until your candidate wins. If Clinton had won by the same results you would be saying the system we have now is fair.

Old 11-24-2016, 12:17 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
The turkey in the White House pardoned two turkeys yesterday. I wonder if he will now pardon the ass who lost the election because of her criminal activities?

Old 11-24-2016, 12:21 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,395,954 times
Let me guess. You want to recount only in places that help Hillary, count until she wins and then the results will be magically legit, final and unquestionable.

Old 11-24-2016, 12:22 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...this-election/

It's a sad sad day when the counties trump won are only worth 36% of the American economy!

Washington Post = Fake News

Old 11-24-2016, 12:24 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,787 times
Quote:
It's the economy, stupid!
And Hillary won overwhelmingly !
Winning the economic majority vote gets you the same thing as winning the popular vote. Nothing. How many different ways are you guys going to present Hillary's failures to us?

Old 11-24-2016, 12:27 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
OP --- Enough already. I'm going to tell you this for your own good, so listen up --- All these threads you are starting about your idol, Hillary, have made you a laughingstock. Time to calm down, give it a rest and move on to acceptance---seriously.

Old 11-24-2016, 12:49 PM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
OP --- Enough already. I'm going to tell you this for your own good, so listen up --- All these threads you are starting about your idol, Hillary, have made you a laughingstock. Time to calm down, give it a rest and move on to acceptance---seriously.
This person is obviously starving for attention. The best anyone can do for him is put him on ignore. Hope you're having a great Thanksgiving.

Old 11-24-2016, 12:52 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
With all due respect, a laughing stock among whom exactly? This is an anonymous forum with fairly explicit TOS (that everyone should read and observe), which are not being violated by the OP.

I, for one, am very appreciative of informative threads like this.

As far as I know, Obama is still president, we still have free speech and we are all entitled to our opinions. It is, frankly, offensive for some to try to bully and suppress others' opinions. I think they do that in places like...Russia, though Trump may attempt to do it in the US, as well.

As far as laughing, I think it is much more amusing to read the threads that are in bold caps, self-important and....misspelled. I prefer to ignore most of those, rather than attack and attempt to suppress those initiating them. You appear to dislike Hillary, so perhaps you should just ignore threads about her, rather than stop the rest of us from exercising constitutional rights. Seriously.

Last edited by Enigma777; 11-24-2016 at 01:03 PM..

Old 11-24-2016, 01:02 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,477,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Hillary won the unemployed and welfare votes...be nice.
The trailer parks went heavy for the GOP as they always have. They love guns more than work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections