Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2016, 10:26 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,976,145 times

Advertisements

Aside from Hillary, no woman in the history of presidential elections got more than 2 million votes! And Hillary got 64 mil (behind President Obama in history only) she is truly amazing!

Old 11-23-2016, 10:33 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Aside from Hillary, no woman in the history of presidential elections got more than 2 million votes! And Hillary got 64 mil (behind President Obama in history only) she is truly amazing!
Are you going to be stalking Hillary?

Old 11-23-2016, 10:35 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times
Is it wrong that I'm happy leftists are "devastated" that Hillary lost?

Old 11-23-2016, 11:19 AM

14,955 posts, read 12,157,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Just woke up this morning... feeling upset again about this election ... why didn't she win? :'(
I'm truly sorry you feel like that. But those feeliings do tend to emerge with a lot of people,at least for a time, after every presidential election as there are some bound to be disappointed, unhappy at the results. But you would do better for yourself if you picked yourself up, moved on with your life. Your bitterness will not change the outcome and will only hurt you in the long run.

Perhaps the best way to do this (or what I would do in your shoes), is to step away from those things that enhance those bitter feelings, ie, the news media, too many of those are trying to encourage those bitter feelings on the part of Hillary supporters by
endlessly criticising anything that Trump says or does, misrepresenting, misquoting or even purely lying about it. It may also be helpful to stay away from forums whose topics include the endless pro-and con (mostly con, looks to me) of the minutiae of all things Trump and family. While these can be entertaining (and that's all it is, mostly, but sometimes we do learn things), if what posters say makes you feel worse, you get your feelings hurt by the critical or teasing things some other posters say to you, it can only prolong that depression you are feeling.

As Obama said the day after the election (and I would guess he regarded the outcome aa tragic as the rest of Hillary supporters did,), the sun will come the next day. And life will go on as before. So take a deep breath, look around you and appreciate the little things around you, the smile from a loved one, a friend or even a stranger, a beautiful sunset, a walk in the fresh air, a good (nonpolitical) book, the fact that you still have pretty much what you need to make a decent life, the list goes on.

Actually, those things work for about every disappointment we experience in this life. Experience tells me that.

Old 11-23-2016, 11:49 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
One thing that I think really hurt Hillary is that she does not come across as exciting. Obama, when he spoke, was inspiring and exciting. When I saw him years ago, when he gave that speech for (I think) Clinton at the DNC, I said to my GF at the time, "If he ran for President, I would vote for him, and I did, twice. He still gives one of the best speeches going.

Hillary has a lot of experience and skills, but is pretty dull, frankly. Very matter of fact-ish, and does not come across as warm and sincere. I still think she would have done good for America, but she simply was not a person many folks warmed up to.
I saw (on C-SPAN) Bill give a speech in some small town in Wisconsin in the mid 1980s. I said to myself, that guy is going to be POTUS someday. About seven years later, he got elected....and I voted for him twice.

Old 11-23-2016, 12:39 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,072,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I saw (on C-SPAN) Bill give a speech in some small town in Wisconsin in the mid 1980s. I said to myself, that guy is going to be POTUS someday. About seven years later, he got elected....and I voted for him twice.
I thought the same thing about Marco Rubio during this last primary.

Old 11-23-2016, 12:42 PM

14,955 posts, read 12,157,534 times
Guess you're enjoying that little ditty-did you think it up all by yourself, or did it arrive in your email inbox and you fancied it clever and decided to borrow it?. Whatever..... but no thanks for the offer, I have a graduate degree and have no need for real estate education, even if Trump University were still in existence. But from what I have read and heard about Trump University (aside from the left wing sources out to destroy its founder of course), one could have done worse if one were looking for courses in real estate investment.

But ad-hominem fancied insults aside, it's apparent that some people may really need some advice about letting go when things don't go their way, and not letting perceived losses ruin their lives. Some people may handle their disappointments by acting like adolescent children trying to improve their own self-images by hurling imagined insults at the other kids not in their own clique, and others may get truly depressed, and maybe looking for mature ways to handle their disappointment.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-23-2016 at 04:49 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 11-23-2016, 12:56 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,733,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upgrader View Post
Probably the most qualified presidential candidate I'll see in my lifetime (HRC, not Kate McKinnon)
I think you're in need of a new eyeglass prescription, probably a few other prescriptions before the next four years pass by as well.

CN

Old 11-23-2016, 01:08 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
Did the sun come up today? In reality your life will change very little. You are just disappointed that "your team" lost. This was not a football game!
With the OP, this goes way beyond disappointment. He has said many times in the past that he loves Hillary. Quite frankly, his behavior is both disturbing and creepy

Old 11-23-2016, 01:16 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
I did recommend in an earlier post of her seeking mental help. She has gone from being a nuisance poster to one I am seriously worried about having an untreated mental disorder.
Much to the surprise of many of us who post in this form, the OP isn't female. He says he's a minority male in his mid-20s!

I agree---he has an unhealthy obsession with Hillary. He has repeatedly said he "loves" Hillary---which is really creepy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections