Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 02:17 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
You're swaying off topic but I have to ask. Deplorables as explained hundreds of times here and elsewhere refers to the subset of people who support Trump who are racist, sexist, homophobic or xenophobic. Takes a bold person to come out and admit your faults. Hopefully you can change, but I seriously doubt it. Those are some beliefs many pick up in childhood.
So, when do you plan to admit you were wrong in 1000s of posts as to why Trump would not win not only the nomination but the election as well?

Or maybe you are not that "bold person" that you speak of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2016, 02:25 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisetheworld View Post
Don't forget.....we Trump supporters are the deplorables! And proud of it!!! BTW Hillary lost. Did you hear???
Some posters who disappeared right after the election needed time to eat that large plate of crow. They also needed time to come to acceptance that Trump won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
You need to look up what Hillary actually said when she described half of Trump supporters as deplorables: "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, islamophobic, you name it".
If THAT'S something you take pride in being, then you have my sympathy.
And do you have a credible link that says half of Trump supporters are "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic (Is that what you call people who are against illegal immigration? You know, people who expect immigrants to come here in accordance with our immigration laws.) islamophobic [sic]"? Or do you just take everything that Hillary said as gospel?

Old 12-14-2016, 02:29 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,463,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And do you have a credible link that says half of Trump supporters are "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic
After taking heat, Clinton clarifies 'basket of deplorables'...

Old 12-14-2016, 02:31 PM

3,890 posts, read 4,545,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
The point is that even the candidate believed that he was going to lose. The polls we referenced were the polls he also believed were accurate. We were wrong; he was wrong.
Didn't vote for either, but was certainly surprised Trump won. I'm a little right of center, but many people close to me despised Trump, and Facebook was full of Trump hate because some acquaintances in my FB circles are liberals and/or downright leftists. (Possibly due to Hollywood type connections).
Everything to me pointed to his defeat especially when I was surrounded by people who lived in cities or in similar bubbles, and Trump also certainly lives in a certain bubble no matter how much his people were encouraging him on. He's rich, he's a city dude etc. so I can see why he trusted the polls as well. A lot of his bravado and boasting is for show. It's what he does.

Now my older brother on the other hand, he lives in a more rural area where good jobs are scarce. He's a retired engineer and has nothing to do with social media, and of course he watches "O'Reilly" and "The Five" on Fox! Lol! But he also reads everything! (including non political stuff like Astronomy magazine, and tons of history books.) He's right wing for sure, but one of his regular papers is the San Francisco Chronicle because he likes hearing all views.

Anyway, once he got over that Trump was going to be the nominee, (yes even he thought it was ridiculous in the beginning,) he ended up being a supporter and then became sure he was going to win all along.
I talked to him the day for the election and he was aware, and a little concerned about the polls, but it was his opinion that some people were going to make their final decision when they went into their polling booth. He was pretty sure the "American people are NOT going to vote for Clinton!" as he put it.

So it turned out to be true about these "silent" Trump voters. I can see it... especially people who couldn't tell many of their friends, family, co-workers etc. that voting for Trump was even a remote possibility.

P.S. At least before the convention, my brother said he might have voted for Biden over Trump. (he thinks Biden was playing more liberal than he was because of politics) Hillary was a terrible candidate. Seriously... she lost to an obnoxious, reality show host who's never held public office. Come on!

Old 12-14-2016, 02:38 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,275,714 times
come on BUCFAN admit you were wrong and move on...

I knew this was tight in the polls when Hillary and Obama were campaigning in Michigan and Pennsylvania days before the election. Those states she allegedly had in the bag after her convention.

Blue Wall States:

Pennsylvania she lost
Michigan she lost
Wisconsin she lost

Minnesota who is not part of that blue wall and the last Republican to win that state was Nixon in 1972, she barely kept by 1.5%...Trump has a little more time to campaign in that state and he takes Minnesota also.

you don't think that didn't show up in the internal polling for Hillary days before the election? of course it did, that's why she was campaigning in PA hard and send Obama to Michigan.

admit you were wrong!....lol

Old 12-14-2016, 02:43 PM

1,043 posts, read 899,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
And he did win, so what is the point of this thread?
Glad I don't come on here anymore.

This is pathetic.

Yea, he didn't think he was going to win. But he did.

Just goes to show how biased the media and pollsters were in trying to convince everyone of an outcome before it even happened.

Anyone who ranted and raved about the impossibility of a Trump presidency is eating crow and should be embarrassed.

Old 12-14-2016, 02:44 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,458,058 times
Quote:
And do you have a credible link that says half of Trump supporters are "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic (Is that what you call people who are against illegal immigration? You know, people who expect immigrants to come here in accordance with our immigration laws.) islamophobic [sic]"? Or do you just take everything that Hillary said as gospel?
After watching the antics of Hillary supporters after she lost the election, I am starting to wonder if she was calling the wrong people "Deplorables".

The description certainly fits.

Old 12-14-2016, 02:47 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Funny how Hillary mentioned David Duke but failed to mention this person:

KKK has given $20K to Hillary Clinton's campaign: Klan leader - Washington Times

Hillary and her supporters hold no high ground. We've read the posts of TDS sufferers and noticed how vile many of them were---as well as all the clown photos that were posted time and time again. Hmmm...

Old 12-14-2016, 02:52 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,463,216 times
Quote:
Funny how Hillary mentioned David Duke but failed to mention this person:

KKK has given $20K to Hillary Clinton's campaign: Klan leader - Washington Times

Hillary and her supporters hold no high ground. We've read the posts of TDS sufferers and noticed how vile many of them were---as well as all the clown photos that were posted time and time again. Hmmm...
whatever dude, you asked for a direct quote/explanation, I provided it and how you're deflecting - hopeless cause some of you.

Old 12-14-2016, 02:53 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,703,315 times
Before Obama won the first time I read a few books about him so I could understand what he was about. Some good, some mediocre.

Same with Trump--I read the books. From what I learned about Trump, his father had always told him the important thing was to WIN. Nothing else. (also, he was a troublemaker in school and had to be sent away.)

So from that, I never thought he really wanted to be president. He wanted to see if he could WIN--as if it were a game. But, unlike a game, you don't just get to pick up your marbles and go home. Now he has to face the consequences--the game lasts FOUR LONG YEARS, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections