Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 02:59 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,274,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post

P.S. At least before the convention, my brother said he might have voted for Biden over Trump. (he thinks Biden was playing more liberal than he was because of politics) Hillary was a terrible candidate. Seriously... she lost to an obnoxious, reality show host who's never held public office. Come on!

see you also live in a bubble if you think of Trump just as an "obnoxious, reality show host who's never held public office. Come on!" (your quote)

Trump from the bottom, beat 16 GOP candidates with far more political experience than him, Trump had to go against the GOP establishment which he got little to no support, then he had to go against the MSM and ALL the American newspapers who were right down against him and hostile to him and go against the biggest establishment candidate in political history today with the most campaign money who has been running since 2005 and spent over 1.2 billion dollars to get elected. A 3 to 1 margin edge over Trump.

Trump beat all those odds and won 306 E.C. and 30 states and he also managed to keep the house and senate GOP.....He is smart and he re-wrote the playbook and the people on the coasts including the MSM and Hollywood were all in a bubble, something in your side of the bubble won't admit.

Hillary is not a terrible candidate, she just ran against Trump who ran a smarter campaign than her and he had a silent movement that the media ignored or had no clue because they never got out of their ivory towers bubble in N.Y.C..

Hillary beat Obama in 2008 in the primary, she got more votes than Obama but the Super delegates gave it to Obama.......Hillary put down the Sanders revolution which wasn't easy in an election cycle anti-establishment by getting close 4 million votes over Sanders.

She won the popular vote in the general by 3 million votes.

She wasn't a weak candidate.....she had a big well funded machine that would have beat 99% of any other candidate for the exception of Trump.....History will prove Trump is a freak of nature...he brought down the GOP wall and he brought down the Democrat wall and the Clinton machine which was very well funded and backed by heavy players.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2016, 03:00 PM

45,422 posts, read 60,608,674 times
I'm dizzy from the spin.

Old 12-14-2016, 03:03 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
whatever dude, you asked for a direct quote/explanation, I provided it and how you're deflecting - hopeless cause some of you.
Who is "deflecting", dude? How is pointing out that your gal, Hillary, holds no high ground when it comes to this issue?

BTW, speaking of "hopeless cause" --- how did all those months of bashing Trump work out for you?

Old 12-14-2016, 03:14 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,697,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
see you also live in a bubble if you think of Trump just as an "obnoxious, reality show host who's never held public office. Come on!" (your quote)

Trump from the bottom, beat 16 GOP candidates with far more political experience than him, Trump had to go against the GOP establishment which he got little to no support, then he had to go against the MSM and ALL the American newspapers who were right down against him and hostile to him and go against the biggest establishment candidate in political history today with the most campaign money who has been running since 2005 and spent over 1.2 billion dollars to get elected. A 3 to 1 margin edge over Trump.

Trump beat all those odds and won 306 E.C. and 30 states and he also managed to keep the house and senate GOP.....He is smart and he re-wrote the playbook and the people on the coasts including the MSM and Hollywood were all in a bubble, something in your side of the bubble won't admit.

Hillary is not a terrible candidate, she just ran against Trump who ran a smarter campaign than her and he had a silent movement that the media ignored or had no clue because they never got out of their ivory towers bubble in N.Y.C..

Hillary beat Obama in 2008 in the primary, she got more votes than Obama but the Super delegates gave it to Obama.......Hillary put down the Sanders revolution which wasn't easy in an election cycle anti-establishment by getting close 4 million votes over Sanders.

She won the popular vote in the general by 3 million votes.

She wasn't a weak candidate.....she had a big well funded machine that would have beat 99% of any other candidate for the exception of Trump.....History will prove Trump is a freak of nature...he brought down the GOP wall and he brought down the Democrat wall and the Clinton machine which was very well funded and backed by heavy players.
I somewhat agree. Just as in the Nixon/Kennedy debates, the first ever to be televised, appearance and personality played a bigger part than usual. Kennedy won due to good looks, smiling persona, agreement to get made up for the camera, while Nixon's five o'clock shadow became legendary it looked so bad. That election was won on tv--the first of its kind. And the electoral college vote was debated afterwards.

This election was a new version too. It was won not by merit but by who yelled the loudest, bragged the most, broke the rules. Probably Kennedy wouldn't have won in 1960 except for appearances and the assistance of the mob. Probably Trump would have won in 2016 except for yelling and bragging. Now that we know, I guess we'd all better be prepared for the next election with ear plugs and dark glasses.

Next time I think maybe we should all do our homework and try to find some reliable sources, if there are any, and READ them. Pay zero attention to whose p**** is large, whose hands are small, whose mouth is big, whose face is orange, who can make up the biggest lies.

Once again, I will look for some unbiased books to read beforehand. I want to know of the person's character beforehand and what their record is. Not how they look on tv or what a big mouth they have.

Old 12-14-2016, 03:27 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

So from that, I never thought he really wanted to be president. He wanted to see if he could WIN--as if it were a game. But, unlike a game, you don't just get to pick up your marbles and go home. Now he has to face the consequences--the game lasts FOUR LONG YEARS, lol.
But a real winner will want to be a Winner at the end of whatever they decide to do.
That is Trump. His ego is huge and in the end he'll want to be known as a great President, not a loser.

He has the potential to be one of the best. He has the ego, the drive and ambition to accomplish that goal.

Let's see if he accomplishes that reputation.

Old 12-14-2016, 03:29 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
So from that, I never thought he really wanted to be president. He wanted to see if he could WIN--as if it were a game. But, unlike a game, you don't just get to pick up your marbles and go home. Now he has to face the consequences--the game lasts FOUR LONG YEARS, lol.
I disagree. He spent ~$100M of his own money to win the nomination and presidency. Putting one's money where one's mouth is, is a great way to judge whether they are serious or not.

Old 12-14-2016, 03:31 PM

30,641 posts, read 18,242,637 times
I was predicting that Trump would win, although I didn't exactly think he'd win how he'd win (I thought that he'd win all of the Romney states, plus Ohio, NC, Iowa, and FL, and then get PA or Michigan (and Maine 2) to put him over the top. I thought it would be a lot closer than it was and did not see him winning Wisconsin. Why did I feel this way? For NC and FL in particular, I looked at how much black voter turnout was down from 2012, which only means bad things for Democrats. We saw similar drops in states like PA and MI, which gave me hope in those states. True, Hispanics made up a larger percentage of the FL early vote than they did in 2012, but I mentioned multiple times in this forum that I wasn't very concerned about that as, unlike the case with the Hispanic voter surge in Nevada, the FL Hispanic early voter increase wasn't shown to be comprised of new/first time voters, but rather voters who would have voted on election day anyway. Then, when Hillary was campaigning in PA and MI the DAY before the election (when polls showed she had those states in the bag), I knew that the internals had to be telling a very different story.

Old 12-14-2016, 03:33 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Donald Trump was just as surprised as the rest of the country.

Only fanatical, bind followers expected him to win, imo......
Dear, he was making a joke. I take it that you completely missed that part. Here is the entire conversation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tzh8tCJcEtc

Old 12-14-2016, 03:35 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,619,550 times
Quote:
Donald Trump was just as surprised as the rest of the country.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...f-poll-results
  • The president-elect said he was planning on concession speech
  • Trump said he figured he’d thank guests and ‘I’m out of there’

Only fanatical, bind followers expected him to win, imo......
Hmmm, another thread started when seemingly abandoning the other, when some tough questions were posed to you.

I was not one of his blind followers, yet believed he would win so much so, I put money on it. So your assumptions/instincts are once again wrong.

Old 12-14-2016, 03:38 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
You know what's even funnier?

Hillary thought she was going to win the Election based on the Polls. Man, was she wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections