Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 12:57 PM

270 posts, read 527,070 times

Advertisements

What I don't like about O'Bama is what most people like. His speeches. I can't stand listening to him, he sounds like a preacher. He reminds me of Jesse Jackson. I agree with the ad that says he has a speech. His speeches remind of sermons given on TV on Sundays with an auditorium full of people who just want something to beleive in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 12:57 PM

154 posts, read 605,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flindras View Post
ALL 22? Wow. Impressive.
I know, right. That person lives in middle of nowhere NC. Of course they all raised their hands for Clinton. They aren't real Democrats, anyway. DINOS.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:16 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanw View Post
What I don't like about O'Bama is what most people like. His speeches. I can't stand listening to him, he sounds like a preacher. He reminds me of Jesse Jackson. I agree with the ad that says he has a speech. His speeches remind of sermons given on TV on Sundays with an auditorium full of people who just want something to beleive in.
I agree. I'd be interested to know if he did the preaching thing during his Senate campaigns or if this is something he just cooked up to appeal nationally.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:56 PM

775 posts, read 579,164 times
This is a talent you can't just "cook up." Try it. Hillary has and it's laughable. And Jesse Jackson? I can't even understand HIM when he is just conversing.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:59 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flindras View Post
Many wives of presidents have met world leaders and their families So what?
And this one is running for president.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:39 PM

270 posts, read 527,070 times
That is one talent that should be left to the preachers. Can't stand George Bush speaking either. I hate people that you can tell are trying to make you beleive what they are saying. You know it is an act. I don't know if this Preacher O'Bama thing is an act or not, I certainly hope so, I would hate to think that he would do it while addressing foreign diplomats. I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate it at all. Can you image him doing that while addressing Congress or making his State of the Union Address. I can see it now, "The economy is in the toilet and I can't take troops out of Iraq but I have hope. I don't have a plan but one thing I do know is that we need a change" You can preach to some people but not all. Too bad so many people get taken by all these preachers. Its a little like PTL club and Bakker. So many people got taken in by it all and look what happens.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:33 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,121,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjordan View Post
I know, right. That person lives in middle of nowhere NC. Of course they all raised their hands for Clinton. They aren't real Democrats, anyway. DINOS.
Ok fellow, how about telling us what a "real Democrat" is. Do all "real Democrats have to support B. Hussain Obama? Do they have to live in the "middle of somewhere" Oklahoma? I have a feeling I was voting for Democrats when you were still in diapers.

I know I am a "real Democrat" and I wholeheartedly support Hillary Clinton!

I am a precinct officer and have served as a Democratic regiistrar and judge. I have campaigned for candidates from the courthouse to the whitehouse. I have been a delegate to the state convention almost every year since 1980 and I was a delegate to the Democratic National Convention in 1988.

As to the size of my precinct pal. There are 2,351 registered Democrats in this precinct located just Southeast of Charlotte, NC. Our precinct is about 70% white, 15% black, 10% Hispanic and 5% listed as mixed, other or did not respond. Getting them to a precinct meeting during the work week is very difficult. Twenty Two is actually a good number for us. In years when there is no national or state election we sometimes only have 5 or 6 show up.

Obama is not very popular here. Many mistrust him and they remember the good Clinton years.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:53 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,290,293 times
I don't know about the rest of you, but I really haven't met many democrats that really DISLIKE Obama. Most of the democrats I meet like Obama more than Clinton, like Clinton more than Obama, or dislike Clinton. I don't really find much animosity for Obama amongst democrats, outside of 3 or 4 very vocal city-data board members.

People always need to be aware of who is asking a question before deciding if the question itself is legitimate.

Old 03-10-2008, 04:10 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Frankly, I would hope that there's no such thing as a "real" Democrat or a "real" Republican as that designation, to me, would mean that such people simply accept whatever or whoever the party hands them and goes along with it. In the past, I've been a registered Democrat but now that I live in Texas we don't register by party. That's a good thing, I think, and I probably would be much more correct in identifying myself as an Independent, which is what I've decided to do.

I saw some ladies I knew to be Hillary supporters at church yesterday and we were chatting about the election at coffee hour. One of them asked me to join the Democratic Women's Club here and I told her that I would enjoy the fellowship but probably couldn't join as I wouldn't be supporting Obama if he got the nomination. LOL, she told me to join anyway and keep that thought to myself. I've got to be honest, though. And after seeing/hearing the Dem. candidate for our Congressional seat, I know that I'll be voting for the Republican incumbent.

One group I've found VERY interesting, though, is THIS one!
http://www.indytexans.org

I agree with everything they support and it's a group for people of either/any/no party!

Old 03-10-2008, 06:25 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
1. He isn't black enough for the liberals
2. He isn't blue collar
3. So far he isn't into the rank and file of the average democrat. In other words he doesn't worship the name Clinton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections