Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 12:39 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,020,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by faina00 View Post
And the person who posted on here that they dislike Obama because his supporters are thugs, only proves this fact of lack of education and abundance of ignorance.
Perhaps before accusing other people of being uneducated and ignorant, you should work on your own reading comprehension. I said I DIDN'T dislike Obama but I DO dislike his thuggish supporters. And why is that? It's because a group of his supporters were shouting at people and calling people racists because they were asked for ID at my precinct's caucus. Their names weren't on our precinct voter rolls but they were demanding to vote anyway. This is thuggish behavior.

As for education, mine is extensive. I have a BA in English with minors in Philosophy and Political Science. My Graduate work was in English Romanticism with an emphasis on the apocalyptic poetry of William Blake. More importantly, though, is the fact that I'm not foolish enough to misread and misquote someone else's post and then call that person uneducated and ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2008, 01:00 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,588,634 times
Question Why do so many Democrats dislike Obama?

Could it be because he's beating Hillary like a rented mule?

Old 03-09-2008, 01:03 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,169,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Perhaps before accusing other people of being uneducated and ignorant, you should work on your own reading comprehension. I said I DIDN'T dislike Obama but I DO dislike his thuggish supporters. And why is that? It's because a group of his supporters were shouting at people and calling people racists because they were asked for ID at my precinct's caucus. Their names weren't on our precinct voter rolls but they were demanding to vote anyway. This is thuggish behavior.
If Obama wins, his supporters have turned off enough Hillary supporters that he's going to have trouble in the general. There are plenty of examples on this board to justify my opinion.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
If Obama wins, his supporters have turned off enough Hillary supporters that he's going to have trouble in the general. There are plenty of examples on this board to justify my opinion.
It's very true. Encounters with them in person amplify what is seen here.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:25 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,169,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
It's very true. Encounters with them in person amplify what is seen here.
I try to stay away from them in person. I learned my lesson after one of them felt entitled to cut me off in traffic.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
I try to stay away from them in person. I learned my lesson after one of them felt entitled to cut me off in traffic.
ROFL! I like my car too much to put a Hillary bumper sticker on it. And it wasn't the Republican reaction that concerned me.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:35 PM

27,217 posts, read 46,787,895 times
It never should be about the person but what he stands for and to me Obama stands for h... and c..... the rest is hot air. He is probable a great dad and a loving husband and good in many things but has no experience or can make us believe that he knows enough to be the president. He is selling health scare and doesn't know if he wants the troops the be in or out. Everybody wants these soldiers back alive but to pull them out right away would be a smack in the face of the hero's. Than all has been for nothing. Sadam Hussein managed to give a lot of money the the PLO and other terrorist organisations and was a murderer him self. By having him removed the people got a lot of freedom and businesses are rising and the PLO and Iran, and other terrorists were cut off from getting money from him. That not all went well or is well is normal and awful at the same time. Obama or Hillary couldn't have changed a bit about that neither another president. To blame the sub prime trouble on George Bush is stupid and playing ignorant because it's the mortgage companies fault and they should be blamed for this mess.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:51 PM

775 posts, read 579,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
what??!!
did Obama listen when he knew that Rezko was UNDER INVESTIGATION
and he was a SEATED SENATOR???
Hell no, he wanted what he wanted and bought the land after it was put in Rezko" wife's name
Then Obama called his decision BONEHEADED
good grief
what does it take to question his JUDGEMENT
his INTEGRITY
his SELFISHNESS
get real
He has no business in the White House
except as a guest and even that is up for debate
Note that I never respond to your posts because they are so senseless. I am assuming you are in your teens. No further responses from me.

Old 03-09-2008, 06:30 PM

27,217 posts, read 46,787,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flindras View Post
Note that I never respond to your posts because they are so senseless. I am assuming you are in your teens. No further responses from me.
Think this person that you are trying to insult, but to me it could be a compliment having so much knowledge and facts and only be a teenager.
To me you are childes and have less knowledge than the one who had put up the blog. Listen to the Obama man song and you willlearn from it. lol

Old 03-09-2008, 06:38 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,753,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Because his level of dignity, character, depth, and versatility is unrecognizable by the uneducated. These are people who can only understand Hillary's simple-minded rhetoric, empty promises, hollow presentation, and meaningless "experience."
The line below your name says it all ...

Barack Obama is a brilliant guy, he's the American dream. But he's a hollow suit, a kid, nobody on the world stage will take him seriously because, and I don't mean to beat a dead horse, what the heck has he done to deserve to be president? The NYT had a good article about it today

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/09/us...rssnyt&emc=rss

I don't think HE'S even sure he's up to the task.

Hillary is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections