Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 06:47 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,437,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
The line below your name says it all ...
I just couldn't help but comment!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2008, 06:54 PM

27,217 posts, read 46,791,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
The line below your name says it all ...

Barack Obama is a brilliant guy, he's the American dream. But he's a hollow suit, a kid, nobody on the world stage will take him seriously because, and I don't mean to beat a dead horse, what the heck has he done to deserve to be president? The NYT had a good article about it today

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/09/us...rssnyt&emc=rss

I don't think HE'S even sure he's up to the task.

Hillary is.
You are right on!

Old 03-09-2008, 07:06 PM

775 posts, read 579,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Think this person that you are trying to insult, but to me it could be a compliment having so much knowledge and facts and only be a teenager.
To me you are childes and have less knowledge than the one who had put up the blog. Listen to the Obama man song and you willlearn from it. lol
Ditto from my last post to you too. Two teenagers.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:54 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,318,006 times
Let's just say I have this ability to smell a rat after having met a few in my life.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:59 PM

154 posts, read 606,150 times
This whole Hilary "experience" BS is getting more than a little annoying and it's a complete and utter myth.

I don't see how she can chalk up speeches she's made in China about women's rights as experience, while dismissing Obama's speeches as "just words". Words either matter or they don't.

And I'd like someone to just ask her point blank to run down her 35 years of experience relevant to holding the office of President of the United States. Hint: she can't get there without including about 15 years as a lawyer for a corporate law firm in Arkansas and her time as first lady of Arkansas, plus some non-profit work for children early in her professional career.

Working in corporate law is fine, and working on behalf of children is noble. But if you're going to consider that relevant, then so is the time Obama spent teaching constitutional law, or as a civil rights attorney, or as a community organizer. And being first lady of Arkansas is not a political role.

In reality, she's got (as of this November) 16 years of experience in government if you give her full credit for her time as First Lady of the U.S., versus 12 years of experience for Obama as a state and U.S. senator.

I fail to see how she is the candidate with "experience". And you better believe that McCain will make such a point if he faces her in the fall.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:00 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,213,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flindras View Post
Note that I never respond to your posts because they are so senseless. I am assuming you are in your teens. No further responses from me.

I will loose sleep tonight because you don't respond to my post

Old 03-09-2008, 10:02 PM

I cant believe there are some many DLC dems. Yuck!

Old 03-09-2008, 11:35 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,021,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjordan View Post
I cant believe there are some many DLC dems. Yuck!
And I can't believe you've posted the same message on at least three threads. Yuck!

Old 03-09-2008, 11:39 PM

39 posts, read 177,394 times
Default Its a Black Skin Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I don't like him because he lacks experience, among the many things he lacks -- and then I think about his wife and I don't like his wife either because it appears that she doesn't really like white Americans very much.

How 'bout you? Are you a Democrat who dislikes Obama? And why?
Many Democrats are racist and are not capable of electing a Black person to president.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:43 PM

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections