Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2017, 07:48 AM

120 posts, read 66,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
I didn't sleep one second that night. Went to work the next day and no one said a word. It was like attending a wake.

I still can't believe American has enough uneducated people to vote in that lying clown. It's really incredible, to this day, that people thought the "Celebrity Apprentice" host, a guy who had seven bankruptcies, was the laughingstock of the NY business community and blew through $500 million of his daddy's money, would somehow make a good President.
I to remember coming to college the day after election ,and remembered how it was so quiet both in the classroom ,and outside the school. I heard nothing ,but the birds on the trees. Of course the professor talked ,and there was a little chatter here and there ,but still it was really quiet that day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2017, 07:59 AM

4,663 posts, read 4,551,394 times
I felt grateful that I live in California.

Old 11-09-2017, 08:36 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
It is fun to read the postings here and what I find interesting is that the people that don't like Trump attack him on a personal level whereas those who don't like Hillary attack her on her policies and what they would have meant for America. ?

It is now a year later and the earth is still spinning. What happened to all the doom and gloom the Dems told us would happen if Trump was elected? Yes he has shaken up the establishment but I think he could do plenty more shaking because there are still many in DC including some Reps. that don't understand the dangerous path of no return we were on.

It is amazing how after a year there are still mobs of people that do not accept Trump and they are still doing their best to destroy him which actually means they would undermine the country if given a chance.

I have lost so called friends because even though I'm not a "Trumper" I let it slip that I preferred him to Hillary.
I have been called names by others because of my beliefs. It is really sad how having a political opinion that differs from someone who identifies as a Democrat means that you are labelled and ostracized. I thought liberals were supposed to be open minded and accepting of everyone but I guess they are the narrow minded ones.

One year later despite all the ups and downs because of Trump I am still happy and amazed that he won.

Old 11-09-2017, 08:38 AM

25,963 posts, read 22,132,993 times
I was so horrified that Hillary was going to find a way to cheat and win that I couldn't listen to the returns. In the morning, when I heard that Trump had won, I still couldn't believe it. What a relief! The weight of the world was off my shoulders!

Old 11-09-2017, 08:48 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post

A piece of advice to democrats. This was the first time in my life that one party made the election a referendum on the supporters of the other candidate. That was a big mistake. It cut off all lines of communication, so that it was impossible to change anyone’s mind. It really motivated the Trump supporters to get out and vote. It had the complete opposite effect that you wanted it to have. If you really want your candidate to have an increased chance of winning, keep your criticism aimed at the candidate, not his/her supporters. If you want to decrease your candidate’s chance of winning, just do the same exact thing you did last year.
I agree about the bolded above -- I've also pointed out several times that the constant calls for IMPEACH!, beginning right after the election and the entire Bogus RUSSIA-RUSSIA-RUSSIA are really against the Voters who elected Donald Trump.

The want to Nullify our Vote because their Queen did not get her crown. They reject the will of the Voters AND our entire System when they do this.

I've never seen anything like it. The Leftist Media has ripped it's mask off and is openly hostile to the President of the United States AND to those who voted for him. We can take that and won't forget it.

The worst of it is that they are blasting this Hostility around the Entire World and that is harming our National Security. I won't forgive any of it.

Old 11-09-2017, 08:51 AM

1,548 posts, read 913,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
It was entertaining to see liberals freaking out. Obviously they still are. A forum member used my reputation to write me a PM. Here is a copy of the PM... "One year ago I was puking like crazy, today I still puke everytime I hear the Dumpsters name. jay"

Maybe you should go to see a doctor jay. All that throwing up you are dehydration and your electrolytes are surely out of whack.
I got that message too, joined with a rep. It's pretty pathetic anyone would be that invested in politics that it makes you physically ill. Had Mrs. Bill Clinton won, I would've gone on with my life. No crying, no counseling, no therapy dogs, no missed work.

Old 11-09-2017, 08:58 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,184,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
My husband was in his home office down the hall and I was watching the returns on TV in the living room. We were both planning on staying up as long as it took and figured that it was going to be a very long night. Every time a state was called for either candidate I called it out, just to keep him up-to-date. For a while the returns were predictable - Clinton won this state, Trump won that state, hers was a blue state, his was a red. No surprises.

And then the Trump wins started to add up. He won Florida. He won SC. He won Ohio. He won over and over and I became increasingly convinced that maybe he was going to pull this off. When he won Wisconsin I called out to my husband to "come see this". When he came into the living room I pointed at the screen. We both hugged each other. The blue wall was crumbling.

The thought of Clinton becoming president had worn on both of us a good deal during the campaign. We both believed (and still believe) that she would have been a very destructive force to the country on so many levels, and the thought of Hillary as the president of the United States scared us both.

Yes it was amusing to see the results unfold and watch the disbelief and shock on the faces of CNN talking heads, and listen to the "she can still win if" scenarios they kept pulling out of their........hats. Yes it was amusing to see the increasingly long faces and then tears of Hillary supporters. Yes it was a little shocking that Hillary did not give a concession speech that night and had Podesta send her supporters home.

We were excited about the results but mostly we were relieved. Just so. damned. relieved.
Wolf Blitzer was the best! He just couldn't say the words that Trump had won.

Old 11-09-2017, 09:04 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Keep looking back and reveling in the fluke win of your con man.

Meanwhile, as was shown the other day, many of us are looking forward.

Old 11-09-2017, 09:12 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,184,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Keep looking back and reveling in the fluke win of your con man.

Meanwhile, as was shown the other day, many of us are looking forward.

I'm looking forward too..... to 7 more years

Old 11-09-2017, 09:18 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I'm looking forward too..... to 7 more years
You do that. And make sure to keep your fingers in your ears and your eyes covered and your station permanently tuned to Fox News so no reality seeps in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections