Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2017, 12:12 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Jubilant! I would not go to sleep until they called Pennsylvania but the air was clear the next day, sun seemed brighter, I felt like a weight was lifted, bounce to step, etc.
Yea what was up with that? We knew PA was going for Trump but it took them forever to call it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2017, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I was disappointed but cautiously hopeful that he would do some of the things he promised during the campaign - Like Infrastructure or stop the useless overseas wars or not play partisan politics because he had no historic allegiance to either party.

Of course none of that has come to pass he has not only completely failed to do anything, he has been excessively derisive, defensive and partisan not to mention his appointing millionaires to his cabinet and criticizing his own Justice department for doing their job.
ah... don't you remember liberals always calling congress the "do nothing congress"? Same thing is still going on. And there is nothing wrong with criticizing people who aren't getting the job done.

Old 11-09-2017, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
A piece of advice to democrats. This was the first time in my life that one party made the election a referendum on the supporters of the other candidate. That was a big mistake. It cut off all lines of communication, so that it was impossible to change anyone’s mind. It really motivated the Trump supporters to get out and vote. It had the complete opposite effect that you wanted it to have. If you really want your candidate to have an increased chance of winning, keep your criticism aimed at the candidate, not his/her supporters. If you want to decrease your candidate’s chance of winning, just do the same exact thing you did last year.
Democrats and Hillary were verbally abusive (deplorable's, racists, bigots etc) toward Trump supporters and showed their lack of empathy for Americans who were hurting. What kind of people think that treating people this way would have changed minds and brought them over to Hillary? That's how people act when they think they have control and have it in the bag.

Old 11-09-2017, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump has been in office for a year now. Can you tell me what amazing things he has done for you.
He accomplished something the very night he was elected. He stopped Hillary from being president.

Old 11-09-2017, 12:39 AM

It was entertaining to see liberals freaking out. Obviously they still are. A forum member used my reputation to write me a PM. Here is a copy of the PM... "One year ago I was puking like crazy, today I still puke everytime I hear the Dumpsters name. jay"

Maybe you should go to see a doctor jay. All that throwing up you are dehydration and your electrolytes are surely out of whack.

Old 11-09-2017, 12:43 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,800,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I was relieved on election night one year ago. Hillary was the worst presidential candidate I'd ever voted against.
That was basically where I was at...anyone but her.

I was just so grateful that Hillary did not win the election. Not going to lie...I found it hilarious the shock on so many of the news reporters faces when they realized their "polls" and all their hype blew up in their faces.

Old 11-09-2017, 01:08 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,142,490 times
Trump fans peaked one year ago. Sad

Reminisce about yesterday cause it's just going to get worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uneYz201p0

Old 11-09-2017, 01:14 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
Love how you just made up a bunch of stats right here. It was 4 bankruptcies out over FOUR HUNDRED BUSINESS, not 8.
He's you're emperor and commander. Respect that man and move on with your life. Personally, that night was straight up EPIC
We do not have emperors in this country, and I will never respect that "man."

Old 11-09-2017, 01:56 AM

31,081 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
We do not have emperors in this country, and I will never respect "man."
Then you can go on and respect the Democrat Heroes and their contributors: Bill Clinton, Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Stacey, Woody Allen or in the case of our favorite peace prize winning POTUS Who likes to invade and destroy other countries.

Old 11-09-2017, 02:10 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,142,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Then you can go on and respect the Democrat Heroes and their contributors: Bill Clinton, Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Stacey, Woody Allen or in the case of our favorite peace prize winning POTUS Who likes to invade and destroy other countries.
You guys voted for a self admitted groper, you lost the moral high ground, nobody buys your fake outrage over sexual abusers anymore

You've played that card the last time. Time to find a new trick, the gig is up, the secret is out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections