Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2017, 12:30 PM

18,470 posts, read 15,259,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't see much that is lovable about Trump. I just don't. And the current stuff going on further illuminates it. Before anyone makes any assumptions about me, I voted for 3rd party candidate. I'm not a Hilary Clinton fan either. In the Democratic Primary I picked Bernie Sanders. If I had known that Georgia ran open primaries, I would have voted in the Republican Primary, and picked John Kasich.

That night, well, it was more like that morning. I found out about the results the following morning. I was a asleep when Trump won. I went work that day depressed and scared. My co-workers weren't thrilled about it. However, two fellow Black male co-workers were like "it is what it is, we're not going to worry about it".

I don't get what is to like about him. Nothing has helped me one bit.
Your co-workers’ response was the normal response. That has been my response to every election where “the other candidate” won. The overreaction of people on the left, is what made this election fun, but it is ultimately bad for the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2017, 12:46 PM

73,041 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Your co-workers’ response was the normal response. That has been my response to every election where “the other candidate” won. The overreaction of people on the left, is what made this election fun, but it is ultimately bad for the country.
It wasn't fun to watch. I am someone who doesn't like clown shows. I didn't like either of the two main candidates running. I look at it like this. Some of the things Trump has said and things he has supported, it actually scares me, and it scared others. I had to wonder how my life would be impacted by Trump being President. At the time, I figured my co-workers would be concerned about the things Trump might do. They didn't seem worried.

And I remember the day Obama became President. Facebook became a site of histrionics. Second time around it took place. Ole Miss got crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nKkzQgwAbM

Old 11-14-2017, 02:17 PM

1,018 posts, read 511,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It wasn't fun to watch. I am someone who doesn't like clown shows. I didn't like either of the two main candidates running. I look at it like this. Some of the things Trump has said and things he has supported, it actually scares me, and it scared others. I had to wonder how my life would be impacted by Trump being President. At the time, I figured my co-workers would be concerned about the things Trump might do. They didn't seem worried.

And I remember the day Obama became President. Facebook became a site of histrionics. Second time around it took place. Ole Miss got crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nKkzQgwAbM
What Clinton supports should scare you more.

Old 11-14-2017, 02:45 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,555,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
I'm glad Clinton lost, but I'll regret that she didn't win if Trump gets a second term.

Old 11-14-2017, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
I'm glad Clinton lost, but I'll regret that she didn't win if Trump gets a second term.

I'm voting Trump again in 2020, but it depends on who they put up against Trump. If they put up someone like Hillary again, Trump will be around 4 more years.

Old 11-14-2017, 03:05 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,644,820 times
Quote:
I'm voting Trump again in 2020, but it depends on who they put up against Trump. If they put up someone like Hillary again, Trump will be around 4 more years.
If we’re even around in 2020. Trump will likely destroy the world with his reckless decisions before then.

Old 11-14-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
If we’re even around in 2020. Trump will likely destroy the world with his reckless decisions before then.

Yeah, dropping out of the Paris Climate Deal, Deportations nearly doubling, vetting processes for people from known countries of terrorism, keystone pipeline coming back, yeah, we are so screwed for 2020.

Old 11-14-2017, 05:18 PM

73,041 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Do you care to explain?

BTW, I voted for Gary Johnson.

Old 11-14-2017, 06:54 PM

1,733 posts, read 949,183 times
Quote:
Yeah, dropping out of the Paris Climate Deal, Deportations nearly doubling, vetting processes for people from known countries of terrorism, keystone pipeline coming back, yeah, we are so screwed for 2020.

I know, right?

I don't understand the doom and gloom predictions promoted by the left to use fear mongering to keep people afraid to go out and enjoy life.
Trump isn't perfect, and the establishment works tirelessly 24/7 to ensure another non-politician is elected despite that is exactly what is needed. He's tackling a tough job and learning many things as he goes along. That being said, I believe the Trump we'll see in 2020 will be different than the one we have known since 2015.

Old 11-14-2017, 06:58 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,185,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Not just America but the whole world huh? You must think he's one powerful leader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections