Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2017, 03:33 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,033,587 times

Advertisements

How did I feel?

Giggley.

Euphoric.

I slept better than night than I have in 8 years.

And I'm still laughing my ass off every time I think of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 04:05 PM

11,102 posts, read 7,171,699 times
One year ago, the TV was on, with election coverage one moment, and Twilight Zone on the next, without changing the channel.

Old 11-15-2017, 04:07 PM

11,102 posts, read 7,171,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
How did I feel?
Giggley.
Euphoric.
I slept better than night than I have in 8 years.
And I'm still laughing my ass off every time I think of it.
You're probably the type that laughs when an animal gets hit by a car. There's a special place in hell for you. Have "fun" while you can...

Old 11-15-2017, 04:07 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,185,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Abortions I do not like. I knew Clinton was no better than Trump. That is why I didn't vote for either candidate. I picked a third party candidate.

This is the thing. You can tell me why I should be scared of Clinton. However, you haven't told me what is there to like about Trump. I haven't been told how Trump would benefit ME. At the end of the day, I'm looking out for me.

you don't own and stocks or real estate?? If not you better buy some because the economy is booming!!

Old 11-15-2017, 04:08 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,185,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I was very excited. Cried tears of joy. I would give anything to see a rerun of election night or a DVD release of it.
There are lots of videos on Youtube. I always watch them when I need a pick me up..

Old 11-15-2017, 04:36 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,644,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
There are lots of videos on Youtube. I always watch them when I need a pick me up..
That’s sick!

Old 11-15-2017, 04:54 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,960,888 times
I am lucky enough to live within walking distance of a Republican-themed bar in downtown Baltimore. I know it's crazy to think that such a place exists in downtown Baltimore, but it does. So I knew there would be kindred souls there. I initially didn't go right after work because the thought of continuing Obama's failed regime of terror by electing Hillary Clinton was too disgusting and revolting to contemplate. It's certainly not something I was interested in celebrating.

But then, a crazy thing happened. Marco Rubio easily won Florida. At that point, I said to myself "this is going to be interesting." So, I got the dog and we walked over to the bar. Drinking commenced. I was still pretty convinced that Hillary would win, because none of the big swing states (NC, NH, OH, FL) had been called, but it was nice to see that the Republicans were doing better than expected in House and Senate races.

So the night went on and along with it the drinks kept flowing. The swing states started to come in for Trump, like OH FL and IA. The margins in IA and OH were huge, which was an omen for what was happening. Then, the Senate race in Wisconsin was called for Ron Johnson (R) almost right after the polls closed. He was supposed to lose to Russ Feingold, meaning Trump wasn't going to get coattails from the Senate race. I am from Wisconsin and most of my family lives there. I knew in the back of my mind at that point that it was pretty much over if Trump carried Wisconsin and broke the Blue Wall. Wisconsin has voted Democrat since like 1984. Sure enough, it was called for him a little bit later. That's when the shots came and the partying really started. Unfortunately Pennsylvania wasn't called until about 2:30 a.m. EST, so we had been kicked out of the bar. But me and the dog stayed up until about 4 a.m. and enjoyed every delicious moment of it.

Since that time, I have been pretty pleased with what he's done. I could do without some of the tweets, but on the whole it's what he DOES that I care about. I also have come to believe that Donald Trump saved the country, at least for a few years, by beating the establishment and Hillary Clinton.

It was by far the greatest political event that has occurred in my lifetime and we will never see anything like it again. This is coming from someone who voted against Trump in the primary and made an election day decision to vote for him even though I knew he didn't have a chance in Maryland. I will enthusiastically vote for him again and otherwise support him if he continues doing what he's doing.

Last edited by LoveToRow; 11-15-2017 at 05:07 PM..

Old 11-15-2017, 05:03 PM

1,018 posts, read 511,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Trayvon Martin wasn't killed by the police, he was murdered by George Zimmerman
But, it's the same concept. A black being killed by someone in a position of authority, I get it, reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

Old 11-15-2017, 05:04 PM

1,018 posts, read 511,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
You're probably the type that laughs when an animal gets hit by a car. There's a special place in hell for you. Have "fun" while you can...
Wow, so you weren't giggly or euphoric when Hussein won?

Old 11-15-2017, 05:10 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,379,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
Wow, so you weren't giggly or euphoric when Hussein won?
Sadaam Hussein never ran in a race for the US Presidency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections