Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2017, 08:27 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
I know, right?

I don't understand the doom and gloom predictions promoted by the left to use fear mongering to keep people afraid to go out and enjoy life.
Trump isn't perfect, and the establishment works tirelessly 24/7 to ensure another non-politician is elected despite that is exactly what is needed. He's tackling a tough job and learning many things as he goes along. That being said, I believe the Trump we'll see in 2020 will be different than the one we have known since 2015.
I think part of it is manufactured fear coming from butt hurt (understandably re #2...but not to the point of chaos) that...

1. The queen was denied her throne

2. Trump is a/the 'PG*'

(* - think Access Hollywood tape)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2017, 08:32 PM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It wasn't fun to watch. I am someone who doesn't like clown shows. I didn't like either of the two main candidates running. I look at it like this. Some of the things Trump has said and things he has supported, it actually scares me, and it scared others. I had to wonder how my life would be impacted by Trump being President. At the time, I figured my co-workers would be concerned about the things Trump might do. They didn't seem worried.

And I remember the day Obama became President. Facebook became a site of histrionics. Second time around it took place. Ole Miss got crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nKkzQgwAbM
Do you see what you are saying here?

You are comparing the histrionics of the left when Trump was elected with the histrionics of a bunch of fringe racists when Obama was elected.

I am not disputing the accuracy of your comparison, Im just surprised that you would put the two in the same category. In fact, I dont disagree with it at all.

Just as the racists were irrational in their fears, so was the (much more widespread) left.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:35 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,379,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I think part of it is manufactured fear coming from butt hurt (understandably re #2...but not to the point of chaos) that...

1. The queen was denied her throne

2. Trump is a/the 'PG*'

(* - think Access Hollywood tape)
You people just don’t get it. As much as you would like the Dems to cry because Hillary didn’t win, it’s not true. Most Dems are instead actually sick to their stomachs because we have an ignorant, inept fool for a President. The upset is not about Hillary, it’s about who is actually now living in the Whitehouse.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:35 PM

25,584 posts, read 17,310,316 times
Quote:
How did you feel one year ago tonight?
We were elated. Laughed out loud and then had to sit and let the relief wash over us. We both voted, but felt resigned to lose.
We are still happy with the result.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Not just America but the whole world huh? You must think he's one powerful leader.
The leader of the free world is indeed a very powerful leader. Even though Trump is totally inept, he can still access the nuclear codes and literally destroy much of the world. Those who don’t see this are indeed very naive.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
We were elated. Laughed out loud and then had to sit and let the relief wash over us. We both voted, but felt resigned to lose.
Why? What has he done for you?m8i

Old 11-15-2017, 02:37 AM

34,069 posts, read 17,102,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Ditto.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:02 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Do you see what you are saying here?

You are comparing the histrionics of the left when Trump was elected with the histrionics of a bunch of fringe racists when Obama was elected.

I am not disputing the accuracy of your comparison, Im just surprised that you would put the two in the same category. In fact, I dont disagree with it at all.

Just as the racists were irrational in their fears, so was the (much more widespread) left.
To me, both histrionics are the same. Alot of people with fear and anger. And I can remember several right wingers constantly complaining.

In my case, I am pointing out reasons why I personally don't like Trump. I've brought them up. I'm also saying that if individuals are going to bring up the left, they havevto bri g up the right wing as well.

Old 11-15-2017, 08:17 AM

25,584 posts, read 17,310,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Why? What has he done for you?m8i
Nothing.
I don't expect The President to do anything for me. Didn't expect Hillary; don't expect Trump.

I voted based on who was best for America, not based on who was best for me. This is hard for some folks to understand. I hear it all the time... "Vote for so-and-so, or reelect so-and-so. He brought us the money for that new airport expansion (that we didn't need)"... I don't want a bunch of pork barrel spending - not in your area, and not in mine.

Old 11-15-2017, 08:44 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
I was very excited. Cried tears of joy. I would give anything to see a rerun of election night or a DVD release of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections