Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 09:36 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,929,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Don't worry, it is very unlikely he will get the nomination. Sorry to disappoint you.

Actually article out that says Blankenship is surging in the polls
I hope he wins the primary
Will make it easier for the Democratic candidate to win
And that would be the better candidate...
If WVA GOP voters are hell bent on shooting themselves in the foot by nominating Blankenship well, the NRA would say they have the right...

And why Kentucky is not slapping liens on his mines I don't know unless there is way to many in the government who love him and don't care if he screws over Kentucky---
Which sounds like definite possibility

Old 05-05-2018, 09:37 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,929,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Kinda interesting that he has nothing to say on the ethics of running a criminal, only that doing so is a losing proposition.
Like father, like son
Maybe that is why Trump won't be running in 2020

Old 05-06-2018, 09:58 AM

22,198 posts, read 19,490,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Actually article out that says Blankenship is surging in the polls
I hope he wins the primary
Will make it easier for the Democratic candidate to win
And that would be the better candidate...
If WVA GOP voters are hell bent on shooting themselves in the foot by nominating Blankenship well, the NRA would say they have the right...

And why Kentucky is not slapping liens on his mines I don't know unless there is way to many in the government who love him and don't care if he screws over Kentucky---
Which sounds like definite possibility
Haven't seen any public polls of late showing this, however internal polling does seem to indicate Blakenship surging and Morrisey who has spent the bulk of his campaign going after Jenkins is now focusing on Blakenship.

Quote:
There is growing concern among Republicans that Don Blankenship, a bombastic coal baron who has spent time in prison, is surging ahead of Tuesday’s West Virginia Senate primary — and a last-minute campaign is underway to stop him.

As the tight contest hurtles to a close, four Republicans said they’d reviewed polling conducted in recent days showing Blankenship, who spent a year in jail following the 2010 explosion at his Upper Big Branch Mine that killed 29 workers, moving narrowly ahead of his more mainstream GOP rivals, Rep. Evan Jenkins and state Attorney General Patrick Morrisey.

The Republicans cautioned that the surveys, designed to offer a snapshot of the race, were conducted over a brief period of time and may be overstating Blankenship’s support.

Still, Blankenship’s rivals and other Republicans are alarmed. Many are convinced that a Blankenship win, coming just months after the disastrous Alabama Senate race, would destroy the party’s prospects of defeating Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin in November.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...primary-570752

Old 05-06-2018, 10:08 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,273,228 times
The Republicans cautioned that the surveys, designed to offer a snapshot of the race, were conducted over a brief period of time and may be overstating Blankenship’s support.

I think this is pretty well defining these "polls". Nobody south of Charleston is going to vote for him.

Old 05-06-2018, 10:17 AM

46,987 posts, read 26,047,970 times
What an amazing time to be alive.

Old 05-06-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

I think this is pretty well defining these "polls". Nobody south of Charleston is going to vote for him.
That of course is true, but the fact Blakenship still has a chance to win at this point is mind boggling.

Old 05-06-2018, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
That of course is true, but the fact Blakenship still has a chance to win at this point is mind boggling.
Who says he does?

Old 05-06-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
What an amazing time to be alive.
Blankenship isn't going to win. In times past people like Huey Long did. There is nothing special about this time.

Old 05-06-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Who says he does?
The fact he is getting attacked more now and Morrissey is turning his attacks from Jenkins to Blakenship shows some concern for that exists. Not saying it is likely, but the jail bird even being relatively close is concerning.

Old 05-06-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The fact he is getting attacked more now and Morrissey is turning his attacks from Jenkins to Blakenship shows some concern for that exists. Not saying it is likely, but the jail bird even being relatively close is concerning.
I'm in WV and I've seen no sign of that. Blankenship is now going after McConnell though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections