Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2018, 06:55 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Nixon won 49 states when he was re-elected.
Irrelevant.

Trump’s numbers with Dems and independents is comparable with Nixon after his role in Watergate was known, not when he won his landslide in 1972.

There are not enough Republicans to re-elect Trump if he loses Independents that badly in 2020.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2018, 08:36 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Irrelevant.

Trump’s numbers with Dems and independents is comparable with Nixon after his role in Watergate was known, not when he won his landslide in 1972.

There are not enough Republicans to re-elect Trump if he loses Independents that badly in 2020.
Also, a lot of Dems voted for Trump. If the Democratic Party nominates someone they like much more than Hillary, they will likely vote against Trump, so he could lose a large number if the Dems votes in 2020.

Old 06-12-2018, 09:30 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Trump's Kim Jong Un peace deal will be too much for Democrats to even get a snip.
Its like September 11 impact (when Bush had the biggest approval rating of all-time).
American's own Neville Chamberlain once again crows, "Peace in our time!".

Although I must admit your comparison of Trump's newfound alliance with the greatest dictator and sociopath of our time with September 11 may be more apt than you intended.

Old 06-13-2018, 12:02 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
American's own Neville Chamberlain once again crows, "Peace in our time!".

Although I must admit your comparison of Trump's newfound alliance with the greatest dictator and sociopath of our time with September 11 may be more apt than you intended.
It ain't over yet, but Kim Jong Un won the first round handily, and Trump came away with nothing but some vague promises.

But the first round seldom decides things like this. Given the fact that both men are about as mentally stable as hot nitroglycerine, I doubt anything of substance will come from future meetings, at least for this year.

Maybe next year, the U.S. will get a little bit that's solid though, if Trump can survive that long. But if he does, Kim won't give him very much. But he will be mighty happy to kiss Trump's butt while holding a winning hand.

One thing is for sure; Kim has firm control of his government, and is 35 years old. He understands his power and his nation far more than our President understands his, and Kim has all the time in the world to sway others internationally and use his powers.

His grandfather held those reins for 40 years, and he got a much later start at dictatorship than his grandson.

Trump doesn't have all that time. He only has 6 1/2 years max to bring North Korea to heel. That may be far less time than is needed to get it done. Take it to the bank Kim will use those years to his best advantage.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:54 AM

10,770 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Kim Jong Un's biggest mistake was signing that document.
Now Trump has a license to destroy North Korea if Kim fails to impress with his denuking.
Trump can flatten North Korea and then say "You can't say I didn't give peace a chance...."
That may be what this Summit was all about, getting Kim to sign a death warrant.
Either way Trump wins.

Old 06-24-2018, 12:35 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times
https://twitter.com/HotlineJosh/stat...04940376666118

polls are going to be a seesaw until election day it seems. Neither party can be confident about who will win the house or senate in November.

Old 06-24-2018, 12:45 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,662,692 times
Quote:
Now Trump has a license to destroy North Korea if Kim fails to impress with his denuking.
Trump can flatten North Korea and then say "You can't say I didn't give peace a chance...."
That may be what this Summit was all about, getting Kim to sign a death warrant.
Either way Trump wins.
Yeah, sure, If we go to war with North Korea Trump wins. And of course any collateral damage to South Korea or Japan is OK I guess. After all, it isn't us getting the damage, so no big deal. It's all about Trump "winning".

Old 06-24-2018, 02:30 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times
Quote:
Either way Trump wins.

You know there's an old American cliche that's goes a little bit like this. , fool me once shame on you , fool me twice shame on me.

American Allies followed it into the war against Iraq stating Weapons of Mass Destructions , that was a big lie that ours allies swallow. Our allies were fooled by Bush and the USA house and Senate Once but not a
second time.

Neither the U.N. or ours allies are going to side with Trump in A WAR against North Korea without at least 4 to 6 years of solid negotiations.

Old 06-24-2018, 02:44 PM

10,770 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
You know there's an old American cliche that's goes a little bit like this. , fool me once shame on you , fool me twice shame on me.

American Allies followed it into the war against Iraq stating Weapons of Mass Destructions , that was a big lie that ours allies swallow. Our allies were fooled by Bush and the USA house and Senate Once but not a
second time.

Neither the U.N. or ours allies are going to side with Trump in A WAR against North Korea without at least 4 to 6 years of solid negotiations.
Does anyone think North Korea doesn't have nukes?
Saddam denied it, whereas Kim openly brags about it.

Old 06-24-2018, 02:54 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times
Quote:
Does anyone think North Korea doesn't have nukes?
Saddam denied it, whereas Kim openly brags about it.

All of our allies know that North Korea has nukes but none are willing to go to war against North Korea to help Donald Trump political upside!!!!---!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections