Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Voting for Beto or Cruz?
Beto 67 41.61%
Cruz 89 55.28%
Neither-waiting for magical unicorn to run 5 3.11%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 10:47 AM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Oh that's easy. A vote against Ted Cruz is a vote for Chucklebuckets Schumer.

Beto. 52
Cruz 65
Unicorn 2
Beto..... 56
Cruz..... 72
Unicorn 3.

Old 11-03-2018, 11:26 AM

4,505 posts, read 4,619,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaces View Post
I just visited the Houston thread and saw this:
Beto and Democratic Party Text
I will say I was phoned about 'Can we count on your vote for Beto?' I just laughed and hung up.
I'm curious to see if his campaign really is funneling campaign funds to help the caravan. It's been mentioned but I can't say if it's valid or not. That will come out.
About a month ago, after receiving series of maybe 4, 5, or 6 political text messages and phone calls during the previous 2 weeks, I received a text message from the Beto campaign that wanted to know if I was going to be voting for Beto O'Rourke in November....I texted back word for word, "I plan to vote for Beto because I cannot bring myself to vote for Ted Cruz; however, if I continue to receive annoying and intrusive phone calls and text messages from the Beto camp, such as this one, I may just change my mind and not vote at all."

That was the last I heard from that bunch. And I voted for Beto last Tuesday, so I'm good to go.

Old 11-03-2018, 12:14 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaces View Post
I just visited the Houston thread and saw this:
Beto and Democratic Party Text
I will say I was phoned about 'Can we count on your vote for Beto?' I just laughed and hung up.
I'm curious to see if his campaign really is funneling campaign funds to help the caravan. It's been mentioned but I can't say if it's valid or not. That will come out.
Not fully confirmed yet -- but another Beto Big Mouth admitted that the guy in the video was FIRED for opening his Big Mouth.

Dominic Chacon is Beto's Field Manager, based in El Paso
AnaPaula Themann is also a Beto Field Manager.
Transcript of the Video

https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/s...43471152996352

Later in the video, Themann raises a concern about campaign staff wearing “Beto stuff” and being identified as members of O’Rourke’s campaign while they distribute the supplies to the migrants. She says, “I don’t want it to make it seem like all of us are from [the O’Rourke campaign] … I just hope nobody that’s the wrong person finds out about this.”

Jody Casey, O’Rourke’s campaign manager, was aware that her campaign’s staff was aiding the migrants, according to Chacon. But she was unaware that they used a “prepaid card” to do so. Chacon describes receiving a text message from Casey explaining that she was “happy that we have a staff that, you know, gets it.” He added that “she doesn’t know we used the prepaid card, but it’s okay … she doesn’t need to know.”

Chacon also considers using campaign vans to pick up more migrants.

“We could probably get away with using the vans. … Nobody needs to know,” he says. “For me, I can ignore the rules and I’ll f**k it. I don’t mind breaking the rules.”

This was not good for Beto - abolish ICE/Open Borders is not good for Beto
This is National Campaign stuff -- not Texas stuff. He will lose.
Money isn't enough & neither are Celebrities and Hollywood - a candidate has to understand TEXAS.

Old 11-03-2018, 04:39 PM

1,733 posts, read 948,771 times
https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net...83&oe=5C47176A

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-04-2018 at 10:01 AM..

Old 11-03-2018, 05:59 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,865,359 times
Default 23 minute hidden camera O'Rourke's staffers: staffers plot to help caravan with money and vans. "Nobody needs to know"

Wow, speechless. Beto O'Rourke's campaign staffers talking about money and vans for the caravan's.

So many laws likely being violated in just 23 minutes among Beto O'Rourke's staffers.

If this 23 minute hidden camera story doesn't show their true agenda, I don't know what does.

https://www.projectveritasaction.com/2018/11/01/beto/

"No one needs to know" according to one campaign staffer

“I just hope nobody that’s the wrong person finds out about this.” said another

Last edited by lovecrowds; 11-03-2018 at 06:09 PM..

Old 11-03-2018, 06:01 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quite please !!! The movie has started.

Old 11-03-2018, 06:10 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
And the left continues to lie about that "caravan" saying "they won't be here for weeks". BS. They sure got up from Honduras to Mexico really fast, they've been getting rides, and now this tool is saying that some of them are already here.

Yet the left wants everyone to believe that's not happening. I hope this all blows up in the left's face, and every last one of these piles of crap, in and out of Beto's campaign, anyone who has been lying, faces serious consequences - I want people in prison for this treason.

Old 11-03-2018, 06:38 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Wow, these Democrats really have some sorry losers working for them. They hate America, all of them.

Old 11-03-2018, 07:01 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times
Question:
Legitimate question here but can someone describe how this is illegal? I watched about 15 minutes and then stopped.

Federal campaign finance laws allow campaigns to spend money on charitable donations and it sounds like they’re just providing food, water, and medicine to asylum seekers. If they’re doing that through churches (which it sounds like), those are c3 organizations. Did I miss something?

Reply:
Not only are charitable donations and purchases allowed, they’re also allowed to give gifts to people not affiliated with the campaign.

https://www.fec.gov/help-candidates-.../personal-use/

The whole video falls apart for anyone who can read the link above. That took 30 seconds for me to find.

Old 11-03-2018, 07:04 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Wow, speechless. Beto O'Rourke's campaign staffers talking about money and vans for the caravan's.

So many laws likely being violated in just 23 minutes among Beto O'Rourke's staffers.

If this 23 minute hidden camera story doesn't show their true agenda, I don't know what does.

https://www.projectveritasaction.com/2018/11/01/beto/

"No one needs to know" according to one campaign staffer

“I just hope nobody that’s the wrong person finds out about this.” said another
One word: TREASON
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections