Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Voting for Beto or Cruz?
Beto 67 41.61%
Cruz 89 55.28%
Neither-waiting for magical unicorn to run 5 3.11%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 03:48 PM

1,790 posts, read 1,415,608 times

Advertisements

Bunch of Tweeter Maniac Diehard Convicts here !!!!!

2 yrs ago Cruz and their Saint were exchanging more than BLOWS, and now they do not mind seeing them together ???

Give Us a Break Dudes, Have some Self Respect !!!!

Need I remind you of ALL of THE CRAP they threw at each other for one full year ?????? They are nothing but water mixed with oil.

Eat some raisins it will help your feeble memories.

Old 10-30-2018, 03:54 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,992,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammocks Bum View Post
Bunch of Tweeter Maniac Diehard Convicts here !!!!!

2 yrs ago Cruz and their Saint were exchanging more than BLOWS, and now they do not mind seeing them together ???

Give Us a Break Dudes, Have some Self Respect !!!!
They were competing for the US presidency. Thats what you do ..... at least Cruz is being an adult, and realizing that working with Trump is more beneficial than obstructing.

It serves no purpose.

Old 10-30-2018, 03:57 PM

1,790 posts, read 1,415,608 times
Self Respect and NOT DIVISION,

Trumps Motto, Divide The Masses, they are easier to control !!!!!

Old 10-30-2018, 04:12 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,611,994 times
If you vote for Ted Cruz, then you are rubber stamping the federalist's & john birch societies manifesto. Notable members are..

Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito[10]
Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas[10]
Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch[38]
Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh[39][40]

That is 4 of the 5 Supreme Court Justices...

The growing clout of the Society has been aided by millions of dollars from the likes of the John M. Olin, Lynde and Harry Bradley, Sarah Scaife, and Charles G. Koch foundations -- some of the largest funders of right-wing groups in the country. Just the garden variety billionaires who have made billions off of decisions by the 4 justices & their friends above. Almost all of the court decisions & legislature takes money out of the middle class & puts it in their pocketbooks.

The Koch Foundation is one of three family foundations established by Charles G. Koch, the heir to Koch Industries, an oil refining and petrochemical company based in Wichita, Kansas. Koch Industries began as Rock Island Oil and Refining, built a generation ago by Fred Koch, who was also one of the founders of the John Birch Society. [35] In addition to serving as chief executive officer of the company, Charles Koch is a co-founder of the Cato Institute, [36] a libertarian Washington, D.C.-based think-tank whose publications have downplayed the dangers of lead-based paint and asbestos, and proposed allowing states to choose "whether to accept any increase" in the minimum wage. [37]

Who is the federalist society well it's roots come from the John Birch society, which wants to turn back the New Deal which gave you the 40 hour work week, OHSA, social security, ability for workers to unionize & pretty much everything else democrats stand for.

Also in both of these societies cross hairs are medicaid, medicare, the federal reserve, SEC, the direct election of senators, minimum wage, & other protections from large corporations. Civil rights & voting right protections are also no no's in their humble opinion.

https://ratical.org/ratville/CAH/feddieSoc.html#p3

Old 10-30-2018, 04:25 PM

23,990 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Go to their websites if you want to know their positions.

School vouchers are a state issue.

Please understand about ACA. If you want pre existing conditions covered, insurance will need to cover all of us, young and old.
It will not work any other way. That's why the Rs have not done anything to rescind and replace.

I get suspicious when people talk about saving the taxpayers money and then turn around and shut down the government on a whim, costing millions. And giving federal employees a 2 week paid vacation.

There are issues that I do not agree with either Beto or Cruz, or my DH. I'm looking for a person who can compromise, and is willing to. That's the only way we can live in a civilized country. IMO, that's what the founders were after.

Old 10-30-2018, 05:21 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSmow View Post
My wife and I recently moved to Round Rock and will be voting in our first Texas election. Obviously the biggest election is Cruz vs O'Rourke. We are both independent voters but I was not a fan of Obama (in particular his health care plan). I am also a fan of school vouchers, and know had they been available where I grew up, most parents would not have chosen the school in their district and opted for either a Parochial school or a better public school in a different district. With that said, every time I see a commercial with Beto, it just seems like I would be voting for Obama. Can someone who is voting for Beto elaborate on how he is different from Obama.
Disclaimer up front!
I’m not voting for Beto, many reasons but you really want Beto Fans to say what he is for & I only care about what he is against .. which makes him totally unacceptable.

Welcome to Texas and a really Hearty Congratulations on your landing spot in Round Rock. Know it well, and knew it well when the little town was a one Lawyer Town with maybe 3,000 people. I expect the Schools there are as good as they were when a friend was a Teacher.

There is a Craft Beer Bar downtown, an old College Buddy owns it. Stop by and say Howdy.
Be sure and explore The Hill Country next Spring, with all this Fall Rain, The Bluebonnets should be spectacular.

Old 10-30-2018, 05:38 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,252,674 times
If O'Rourke beats Lyin' Ted, O'Rourke will be the next president of the US - as soon as 2020. (he may be anyway)

Old 10-30-2018, 05:50 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,751,154 times
Beto O'Rourke speaks, just like a Pastor from any Mega Church from anywhere in the South.

He does not like any Republicans, Period. He want's to continue the same things, Barack Obama tried to do during his Presidency.

Beto O'Rourke says the exact things, that Nancy Pelosi and Bernie Sanders want to do the same.

Old 10-30-2018, 06:40 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
If O'Rourke beats Lyin' Ted, O'Rourke will be the next president of the US - as soon as 2020. (he may be anyway)
Perhaps you can refresh our memory on the last time a Candidate became the President of the U tied States when he could NOT WIN an election to the Senate in his own State.

I’m aware that this will be Shocking ... but “Great Hair & Teeth” are just NOT goi g to cut it in today’s world.
Why do you think Normal People would ever Vote for a Senator that was KNOWN to have no interest in being a Senator and only interested in a Presidential Campaign.

Illinois got that with Obama.
Texas has been there - done that with Cruz and he is still struggling to recover from that stunt.

You RRALLY think Texans will do that again? Cruz learned his Lesson, Beto will learn his.
He is running a National Campaign will Out of State Money because the Leftists ha e decided he is the next Obama. A “Rock Star” ..... you think we are Stupid??

Think Again.

Old 10-30-2018, 06:52 PM

1,733 posts, read 949,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
If you vote for Ted Cruz, then you are rubber stamping the federalist's & john birch societies manifesto. Notable members are..

Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito[10]
Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas[10]
Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch[38]
Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh[39][40]

That is 4 of the 5 Supreme Court Justices...

The growing clout of the Society has been aided by millions of dollars from the likes of the John M. Olin, Lynde and Harry Bradley, Sarah Scaife, and Charles G. Koch foundations -- some of the largest funders of right-wing groups in the country. Just the garden variety billionaires who have made billions off of decisions by the 4 justices & their friends above. Almost all of the court decisions & legislature takes money out of the middle class & puts it in their pocketbooks.

The Koch Foundation is one of three family foundations established by Charles G. Koch, the heir to Koch Industries, an oil refining and petrochemical company based in Wichita, Kansas. Koch Industries began as Rock Island Oil and Refining, built a generation ago by Fred Koch, who was also one of the founders of the John Birch Society. [35] In addition to serving as chief executive officer of the company, Charles Koch is a co-founder of the Cato Institute, [36] a libertarian Washington, D.C.-based think-tank whose publications have downplayed the dangers of lead-based paint and asbestos, and proposed allowing states to choose "whether to accept any increase" in the minimum wage. [37]

Who is the federalist society well it's roots come from the John Birch society, which wants to turn back the New Deal which gave you the 40 hour work week, OHSA, social security, ability for workers to unionize & pretty much everything else democrats stand for.

Also in both of these societies cross hairs are medicaid, medicare, the federal reserve, SEC, the direct election of senators, minimum wage, & other protections from large corporations. Civil rights & voting right protections are also no no's in their humble opinion.

https://ratical.org/ratville/CAH/feddieSoc.html#p3

ratical.org?? Good grief....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections