Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Voting for Beto or Cruz?
Beto 67 41.61%
Cruz 89 55.28%
Neither-waiting for magical unicorn to run 5 3.11%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 05:04 AM

603 posts, read 445,827 times

Advertisements

Nope.

Old 10-28-2018, 05:13 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
JUST SAY NO TO TED CRUZ PLEASE

Denton, West Texas, Ft. Worthians, and other Texans
For the 1 fact alone that Beto is against fracking-I say please vote for him!

Our beautiful Texas and our drinking water is at stake. Fracking causes earthquakes and potentially sinkholes if they are drilling near water aquifers.

NM official says Texas landowners are “stealing” millions of gallons of water; selling it back for fracking - News - Lubbock Avalanche-Journal - Lubbock, TX

Group seeks fracking ban in Texas town | Al Jazeera America

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ur-communities

https://www.ecowatch.com/fracking-bo...881837670.html

Scientific article on fracking. https://sciencing.com/what-is-the-re...-13400292.html

From that article “In operations where mining activities removes gas or oil through fracking, much of the wastewater is inserted back into the same area without causing earthquakes or sinkholes. But in areas where wastewater wells are drilled to receive the byproducts of these mining operations, these fluids are inserted into areas never before drilled, causing an increase in subterranean pressure that often lead to human-induced earthquakes.”

The original meaning of conservative is a very positive word that conveys conservation, prudence and carefulness. I think it is fair to return to those values. Liberals and conservatives both have love of “home” and the environment they live in-please join me in voting for Beto.

Beto’s score card for Conservation voting Beto O'Rourke | League of Conservation Voters Scorecard

Maybe Cruz’s pro-fracking stance is partly based on his anti-clean water stance? https://www.lcv.org/article/ted-cruz...-water-issues/
If we don’t have clean water-we are all going to die. Cruz is not for us.
This should be moved t the Texas forum.

Us non-Texans CANNOT vote in Texas.

And if I could, I WOULD vote for Cruz.

Old 10-28-2018, 05:14 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,989,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
JUST SAY NO TO TED CRUZ PLEASE

Denton, West Texas, Ft. Worthians, and other Texans
For the 1 fact alone that Beto is against fracking-I say please vote for him!

Our beautiful Texas and our drinking water is at stake. Fracking causes earthquakes and potentially sinkholes if they are drilling near water aquifers.

NM official says Texas landowners are “stealing” millions of gallons of water; selling it back for fracking - News - Lubbock Avalanche-Journal - Lubbock, TX

Group seeks fracking ban in Texas town | Al Jazeera America

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ur-communities

https://www.ecowatch.com/fracking-bo...881837670.html

Scientific article on fracking. https://sciencing.com/what-is-the-re...-13400292.html

From that article “In operations where mining activities removes gas or oil through fracking, much of the wastewater is inserted back into the same area without causing earthquakes or sinkholes. But in areas where wastewater wells are drilled to receive the byproducts of these mining operations, these fluids are inserted into areas never before drilled, causing an increase in subterranean pressure that often lead to human-induced earthquakes.”

The original meaning of conservative is a very positive word that conveys conservation, prudence and carefulness. I think it is fair to return to those values. Liberals and conservatives both have love of “home” and the environment they live in-please join me in voting for Beto.

Beto’s score card for Conservation voting Beto O'Rourke | League of Conservation Voters Scorecard

Maybe Cruz’s pro-fracking stance is partly based on his anti-clean water stance? https://www.lcv.org/article/ted-cruz...-water-issues/
If we don’t have clean water-we are all going to die. Cruz is not for us.
Youre agrugement is why id vote against Be to thanks for explaining his position.

Old 10-28-2018, 09:19 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
This should be moved t the Texas forum.

Us non-Texans CANNOT vote in Texas.

And if I could, I WOULD vote for Cruz.
It's too Political for the Texas Forum, it's belongs in the Election Forum.
Add to that - The Great Beto is a Nationwide thing - his money and support is from outside of Texas.

He is running a Nationwide Campaign - complete with appearances on Ellen and all the Late Night Leftist "comedy" hours. Beto and his Impeach Trump campaign.

Old 10-28-2018, 09:41 AM

10,219 posts, read 15,937,421 times
Ted Cruz was my top choice for President, even before Trump. (Guess I'm just a racist who would vote for a Hispanic right????)

The oP just shows Beto is a tree hugger and if he's elected will support the kind of Obama era EPA overregulation that destroyed jobs and hurt the economy all over the nation, especially in West Virginia where I used to live. I'm now back in Louisiana which has a booming energy industry that will be threatened by the likes of Beto, Obama, etc.

And no, leftists out there, global warming is not a "fact". its a theory that you believe in, but not everyone does.

Old 10-28-2018, 09:42 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
I voted for Beto last Monday.

Last month I phone banked for him.

This month I've knocked on hundreds of doors in the "get out the vote" effort.

Lyin' Ted has to be considered the favorite in this race. But Beto has generated a lot of energy and support.

Nov 6th should be interesting.

Old 10-28-2018, 11:26 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

Lyin' Ted has to be considered the favorite in this race. But Beto has generated a lot of energy and support.

yes, Beto has kept the race interesting but in recent polls, if you are going to believe polls he is slipping. Nov 6th will be interesting but not because of the Cruz/Beto race as much as some races. I just wish we were in the mountain time zone. In stead we are in the time zone where we can't stay awake late enough to get a lit of the results.

Old 10-28-2018, 11:31 AM

1,733 posts, read 949,183 times
Beto could care less about the safety of Texans, otherwise he would support strong border enforcement. Voting for Cruz again!

Old 10-28-2018, 03:36 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,738,278 times
Cruz will win re-election this time. Next time he may not. If the Republicans keep and possibly add to their majority this will very likely be there last chance to prove they can govern effectively.

Old 10-28-2018, 03:39 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,738,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

This is why we live in a great country. We have the freedom to cold call or go door to door to get our political views out without fearing violent repercussions. Good job by you. I have gone door to door in support of a candidate and you never know what you are going to get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections